• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why silver price is going down when we have such inflation?

5 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I posted this on another thread yesterday, Halifax have updated their T&C’s

F790A9FC-9329-41AB-BC22-B3EC5AD0FAE8.jpeg

I try and keep just enough to pay Rent, Direct Debits (thankfully few) and cover any PM forum purchases - the rest comes out as SIPP payments, ISA payments & odd amounts of cash anytime I'm passing an ATM, and will get turned in to PM's at a coin fair or similar

They won't need to be charging me for excesses of cash in the account 😏 <engage ChurchMouse Mode> / ChurchMouse Mode engaged>

2 hours ago, Scootermuppet said:

I try and keep just enough to pay Rent, Direct Debits (thankfully few) and cover any PM forum purchases - the rest comes out as SIPP payments, ISA payments & odd amounts of cash anytime I'm passing an ATM, and will get turned in to PM's at a coin fair or similar

They won't need to be charging me for excesses of cash in the account 😏 <engage ChurchMouse Mode> / ChurchMouse Mode engaged>

Being a relative newcomer to the forum, I decided today to check up and confirm what I have been buying. Gold wise I was pleasantly surprised to see how much I have accumulated. Small change to some on here, however, I know that I wouldn’t now be sitting with all that equivalent in cash in the bank… would have been spent on something! So nice to know that I am accumulating something worthwhile and it’s not dependent on poor interest rates and what now appears to be tighter restrictions on your own money!🤡🤔

29 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

There is probably no need for a bank to keep massive amounts of cash on site anymore. 

My local Natwest only holds 2k of £2 coins (I know because I withdrew every single one)  I was looking for rare £2  found the Ireland common wealth one and sold to for £48 🤣

You are spot on mate the banks are doing everything they can to get rid of cash,  today I was went to the dentist tried to pay by cash and they only would except it if i gave them the correct amount so had to use my card, I will take my change jar with me next time.  I also had to go to the bank because Santander had canceled my bank card not because it had expired because i'd not used it for withdrawals I've got a sizeable amount of cash in that account,  yet they can cut me off form my own money so I had to go in with a pile of ID to get a new card. 

once we go cashless we are trapped, we all will be locked into a system where's theres no work around except for bartering.  

59 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

My local Natwest only holds 2k of £2 coins (I know because I withdrew every single one)  I was looking for rare £2  found the Ireland common wealth one and sold to for £48 🤣

You are spot on mate the banks are doing everything they can to get rid of cash,  today I was went to the dentist tried to pay by cash and they only would except it if i gave them the correct amount so had to use my card, I will take my change jar with me next time.  I also had to go to the bank because Santander had canceled my bank card not because it had expired because i'd not used it for withdrawals I've got a sizeable amount of cash in that account,  yet they can cut me off form my own money so I had to go in with a pile of ID to get a new card. 

once we go cashless we are trapped, we all will be locked into a system where's theres no work around except for bartering.  

Yes I have kind of given up fighting it now, I've had two family holidays over the last couple of years where I have come home with as much cash as I've taken. I have been quizzed when putting a few grand into my kids savings account and the other day I took the kids swimming and needed £1 for the locker, I tried to change a tenna at reception only to be told "sorry we are cashless now". I do wonder how the bartering would go on, how are the youngsters going to buy their drugs? 

I went into a Nationwide this week to get some £50’s with the Turing design.

I asked how many they have - 4 in total and that was unusual!  This was apparently the first lot of the new design they had received and no one usually wanted them - well so said the cashier!

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

29 minutes ago, dicker said:

I went into a Nationwide this week to get some £50’s with the Turing design.

I asked how many they have - 4 in total and that was unusual!  This was apparently the first lot of the new design they had received and no one usually wanted them - well so said the cashier!

Best

Dicker

Apart from the fact that a fifty is quite a step up from the usual five, ten etc. for a lot of people, a lot of places get iffy about them because they don’t see them and think they can’t recognise a forgery. Rather self fulfilling. More work, but I would be forging fives and tens as never a question about them!🤔

36 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Yes I have kind of given up fighting it now, I've had two family holidays over the last couple of years where I have come home with as much cash as I've taken. I have been quizzed when putting a few grand into my kids savings account and the other day I took the kids swimming and needed £1 for the locker, I tried to change a tenna at reception only to be told "sorry we are cashless now". I do wonder how the bartering would go on, how are the youngsters going to buy their drugs? 

Card reader?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

8 minutes ago, Petra said:

Apart from the fact that a fifty is quite a step up from the usual five, ten etc. for a lot of people, a lot of places get iffy about them because they don’t see them and think they can’t recognise a forgery. Rather self fulfilling. More work, but I would be forging fives and tens as never a question about them!🤔

According to Wikipedia the 50 and 100 euro notes are the most commonly used. I wonder if they get iffy about them there.

Over the past few years cash has been on the decline. I remember taking my parents to DFS to buy a sofa about 4 years ago they paid in cash and the people in there had what can only be described as a breakdown. More recently there has been a surge in people using cash as they quite literally count the pennies. Also I think there probabaly are more costs for businesses usuing cash as apose to tapping your plastic card or even mobile phone and the magical internet fairies move "money" round which we all know are just numbers on a screen.

Edited by Fadeingstar

2 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

According to Wikipedia the 50 and 100 euro notes are the most commonly used. I wonder if they get iffy about them there.

Not in my experience. i have only rarely seen 100's used. i would have to check but the cash machines don't dish out 100's.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I am about to embark on my last move house do it up thing.     I will do lots of it in cash. I am sure this will be the last time I can pull this off. 

cash is dead.  and quite frankly I dont care.  and will laugh at the youth that didn't listen to my advice to use it.....

6 hours ago, CANV said:

I am about to embark on my last move house do it up thing.     I will do lots of it in cash. I am sure this will be the last time I can pull this off. 

cash is dead.  and quite frankly I dont care.  and will laugh at the youth that didn't listen to my advice to use it.....

I don't think any of us will be laughing....☹️    Good luck with the house, wouldn't mind doing another one meself..

14 hours ago, Scootermuppet said:

The walls are moving in on us all, as much as we don't like fiat we are being eaten alive by inflation and the banks are imposing further controls, this utter BS to prevent fraud is laughable, they want total control and dominance of our finances and they will get it.

It's becoming harder to use cash, the banks now are dictating how much of your own money you can withdraw (the reality the second to deposit the cash its no longer yours you are only a creditor) and they can change the rules over night to impose more control over you and your credit.  

They have not eliminated cash yet  it will need to be inflated away to nothing so lets see how 2023 goes if inflation and especially energy prices keep on the upward curve by the end of 2023 most people will be begging for help,  and this is where they will impose CBDC on us in the form of UBI.  Between now and then they will QE more cash in the form of council tax rates and energy grants, I've already had £150 rebate in council tax which I did not need or did not ask for, I'd be happy if they just reduced the bill by £150 but this will not allow creation of more currency and also makes the people dependant on government handouts to live.   We all will get a £400 payment for energy and this will only be the start by the end of this year they will be giving more cash away at ever increasing rates. We are not seeing the end of a fiat currency it's nothing new we are seeing the end of physical cash.

22 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Thought I do a silver video, please don't hate me, I will do another for a pro silver argument...............

Does thy bisto stay up with inflation?

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

24 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Thought I do a silver video, please don't hate me, I will do another for a pro silver argument...............

You are this guy do I win 5 quid

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Does thy bisto stay up with inflation?

LOL!.....Problem it has a shelf life, currently the answer is yes my jar of Bisto best is likely to out perform silver of the next 3 years of it's shelf life! As it's lily to cost £6 a jar at the current rate of inflation it's already gone up over 50p this year! 

12 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

LOL!.....Problem it has a shelf life, currently the answer is yes my jar of Bisto best is likely to out perform silver of the next 3 years of it's shelf life! As it's lily to cost £6 a jar at the current rate of inflation it's already gone up over 50p this year! 

Glad to see you have your eye on the most prized of the asset class moreso than ya stack lol!