• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why silver price is going down when we have such inflation?

5 hours ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Who would have thought Brexit, Covid, Russian invasion of Ukraine with the resulting cost of living crisis would have converged

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

Both spam and corned beef are incredibly cheap. I used to work in the food industry and, in the 80s, they did open tins of corned beef from World War 1 and it was perfectly edible. Similarly, they are supposed to have found edible honey in Egyptian pyramids.

However, for those of you who are adventurous, these are delicacies. First take a thick slice of spam or corned beef, coat it in batter and deep fry. When cooked, drain on tissue and put in a well fired roll. Add ketchup or brown sauce to taste and voila - a dish fit for hungry kids and far better than a Big Mac. 

Edited by HillWalkerDundee

1 hour ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Both spam and corned beef arewere incredibly cheap. I used to work in the food industry and, in the 80s, they did open tins of corned beef from World War 1 and it was perfectly edible. Similarly, they are supposed to have found edible honey in Egyptian pyramids.

However, for those of you who are adventurous, these are delicacies. First take a thick slice of spam or corned beef, coat it in batter and deep fry. When cooked, drain on tissue and put in a well fired roll. Add ketchup or brown sauce to taste and voila - a dish fit for hungry kids and far better than a Big Mac. 

FTFY

These days I can get minced meat way cheaper. It still has the advantage of preservation though, canned food, if properly canned, can last indefinitely. Same with pemmican, I have some home-made that is now 15 months old and perfectly preserved.

3 hours ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

However, for those of you who are adventurous, these are delicacies. First take a thick slice of spam or corned beef, coat it in batter and deep fry. . 

Not having a go here but why do Jocks deep fry everything? You'll soon be deep frying ya underpants next and considering that as the next delicacy! 

I mean mars bars - pizza the list is endless, no wonder the jocks have the highest rates of heart attacks in UK! 

you have all those lovely hills and have your oats there too - you could be getting amongst it, which I suspect you do @HillWalkerDundee by your name, but your fellow kith n kin are smoking more embassies than the SAS, inhaling deep fried horses helmets etc and having 90 pints of whiskey! it makes no sense to me!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Not having a go here but why do Jocks deep fry everything? You'll soon be deep frying ya underpants next and considering that as the next delicacy! 

I mean mars bars - pizza the list is endless, no wonder the jocks have the highest rates of heart attacks in UK! 

you have all those lovely hills and have your oats there too - you could be getting amongst it, which I suspect you do @HillWalkerDundee by your name, but your fellow kith n kin are smoking more embassies than the SAS, inhaling deep fried horses helmets etc and having 90 pints of whiskey! it makes no sense to me!

Lived in Scotland my whole life, never, ever, have I clapped eyes on a deep fried Mars bar. 

Deep fried pizza is a thing to behold though. If you haven't had one then you really, really should!

19 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Lived in Scotland my whole life, never, ever, have I clapped eyes on a deep fried Mars bar. 

Deep fried pizza is a thing to behold though. If you haven't had one then you really, really should!

They catch you when you’re walking back pissed from the pub! Both are ‘unusual’, but after a few pints of heavy, who cares?

29 minutes ago, Petra said:

They catch you when you’re walking back pissed from the pub! Both are ‘unusual’, but after a few pints of heavy, who cares?

Almost correct. The Mars bar is indeed rare. The pizza though is very common. Most chip shops will have a variation of it. I would also admit to eating them both drunk and sober. They're really good, especially if you're in dire need of 4000 calories!

1 hour ago, HerefordBullyun said:

It is true, they do it, I witnessed it with my own 4 eyes (I wear glasses).

May be an image of outdoors, brick wall and text that says "SHMARKET CLOSE LAL DEEP FRIED MARS BAR £2.95 Mar SOLD HERE! 100% Û SIT OR TAKE AWAY"

3 hours ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

These days I can get minced meat way cheaper

I buy most of my meat from a Turkish guy shaving a elephant's leg with a massive sword. Much more civilized. Comes with salad, pitta, a bit of dressing and a little bit of black mustache.

33 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

The only fish and chip shop I have been to in Scotland and they sold deep fried mars bars 

Screenshot_20220809-181803-927.png.de6a9f84be9e6349fce9d29226838b12.png

Judging by the name I'm assuming it's in the Edinburgh tourist trap, so not wholly representative of Scottish chippies!

If someone is expecting to see a deep fried Mars bar in Scotland and daft enough to pay a fiver or so for it then what do you expect them to do?

All this talk of deep fried mars bars etc tsk...   Now freshly shot haggis - now yer talkin'   they're pretty hard to spot though because the wee buggers have one leg shorter than the other so they can run round the hills easily and are very reclusive, especially with that grey camo they wear.....

Edited by flyingveepixie

2 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

now yer talkin'   they're pretty hard to spot though because the wee buggers have one leg shorter than the other s

Sounds like my dad he walked in mysterious circles he had one leg shorter than the other too! 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, flyingveepixie said:

All this talk of deep fried mars bars etc tsk...   Now freshly shot haggis - now yer talkin'   they're pretty hard to spot though because the wee buggers have one leg shorter than the other so they can run round the hills easily and are very reclusive, especially with that grey camo they wear.....

Aren't all the female ones called Eileen?

On 10/08/2022 at 14:11, HillWalkerDundee said:

Nice pun though. No, they are called Dom :-).

seriously though, a deep fried pizza and chips, although a culinary heart attack, is a delight.

Not until you smother it in salt. Then you have a culinary heart attack. But you've gotta go somehow I suppose!

2 hours ago, TomBarn said:

So, with all the idiotic sanctions from Europe and other countries, if there is a downfall in industrial products, will silver price go down further? 

If I'm not mistaken, it's used primarily in this part of the economy while gold is used more for shiny stuff I guess.

What is made in Europe that uses silver? Europe is becoming increasingly inconsequential on the world stage. High energy prices and commodity shortages are crushing European economies. 
Vast amounts of fiat have been created (inflation) which results in higher prices. Where will value go as paper values deteriorate? Bond prices fall as interest rates rise, property prices are inflated by low interest rates - higher interest rates cause property prices to fall - share prices have been predicated on cheap money. So where will value go to preserve that value? Hard assets - gold and silver are the main targets. Gold, oil and silver are the top three constituents of the BRICS commodity currency. 
You will know when the Western Ponzi scheme is over when the metals let rip. At that point it will be too late in the game to stock up - so we have been stocking up for years for the inevitable outcome. As well as metals, stock up on everything especially food.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.