• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why silver price is going down when we have such inflation?

On 13/08/2022 at 06:53, GoldDiggerDave said:

The walls are moving in on us all, as much as we don't like fiat we are being eaten alive by inflation and the banks are imposing further controls, this utter BS to prevent fraud is laughable, they want total control and dominance of our finances and they will get it.

It's becoming harder to use cash, the banks now are dictating how much of your own money you can withdraw (the reality the second to deposit the cash its no longer yours you are only a creditor) and they can change the rules over night to impose more control over you and your credit.  

They have not eliminated cash yet  it will need to be inflated away to nothing so lets see how 2023 goes if inflation and especially energy prices keep on the upward curve by the end of 2023 most people will be begging for help,  and this is where they will impose CBDC on us in the form of UBI.  Between now and then they will QE more cash in the form of council tax rates and energy grants, I've already had £150 rebate in council tax which I did not need or did not ask for, I'd be happy if they just reduced the bill by £150 but this will not allow creation of more currency and also makes the people dependant on government handouts to live.   We all will get a £400 payment for energy and this will only be the start by the end of this year they will be giving more cash away at ever increasing rates. We are not seeing the end of a fiat currency it's nothing new we are seeing the end of physical cash.

I assume that due to interest rates and all the other c**p there are people on here stashing a bit of cash as well as pm?🫢🤡

1 minute ago, Petra said:

I assume that due to interest rates and all the other c**p there are people on here stashing a bit of cash as well as pm?🫢🤡

Yes. The computer has and can say no at anytime!

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, Petra said:

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Yes. The computer has and can say no at anytime!

Diversification is the key I’d say - ISA, PM’s , a SIPP and an Emergency Fund are all good ideas.

Dont have a lot of cash personally, but I see PM’s as cash in a different form - mostly to stop me spending it with abandon! 😂

29 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@Scootermuppet if it all goes to S1ht we can all go around  to @James32 house and start a TSF commune! I'm sure he's let us pitch up a tent or two.

He could probably build the tent out of gold. One piece of advice though, don't pitch that tent on a boat... So many needless accidents. We wouldn't want you to become one of our statistics.

So is there an answer and solution  to this question from the OP?    I have watched loads of silver videos on YT over the last few days it's becoming to look more like a cult everyone looks like they are  loaded to the teeth with silver and wishing and hoping it will go to the moon or at least get to the point where they can bail without too much losses.  

Please don't make me the bad man here, I would love silver to track with inflation, I would love if it was hedge against inflation I'd love it even more if it was a good store of wealth I genuinely would, it's not, or not what I can see using my own eyes a calculator and looking at historic prices, inflation and interest rates from the bank over the last 50 years.  

If someone can show me silver not only keeps up with inflation but it will protect me against inflation and it's a great store of wealth please can you show me the data, I can't see this so just blame my stupidity I'm sure this is one of those things only smart people can see.

Can some one help me with this or at least explain why silver is s very good investment like it's been over the last 10 years you all must have made a fortune.

I can not stress I'm not the bad man, I just can't stomach the terabytes of bad finical advice out there.  

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

14 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

So is there an answer and solution  to this question form the OP?

No

Nobody answer the question.

I'm a normal man (1+1=2) if everything is going up with the inflation but some products not there must be a manipulation on the last.

Who do this? Not me, not you but the rich guys who always manipulate this world for their interest.

There is money to made on silver? Yes. How? That's up to you.

Regards

Constantin

Edited by theman73

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

10 minutes ago, theman73 said:

No

Nobody answer the question.

I'm a normal man (1+1=2) if everything is going up with the inflation but some products not there must be a manipulation on the last.

Who do this? Not me, not you but the rich guys who always manipulate this world for their interest.

There is money to made on silver? Yes. How? That's up to you.

Regards

Constantin

would you agree or disagree silver is a  good store of wealth? 

What would you say to someone who told you silver is a hedge against inflation? 

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

I bought some silver brits last year when silver was at £16.85.  Now it's at 16.19.  At best it was up somewhere around £19.00 I think sometime between last September and now but it didn't stay there for long.  Even selling at that price I would have made only a couple of quid on each coin if I sold on ebay (which would be swallowed up in fees) and probably nothing at all if I sold here on the forum as those in the know simply wont pay silly prices.

If I sold now I'd make a loss.

Knowing what I now know (and didn't know when I bought this stuff last year) I have to agree with Dave and conclude that silver is probably not a great investment if you want a return on it.

Edited by flyingveepixie

17 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

What would you say to someone who told you silver is a hedge against inflation? 

Disagree

No

But is because of them:

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/ronan-manly/jp-morgan-gold-trading-boss-former-lbma-board-member-found-guilty-by-us-jury/ 

and them

https://www.kitco.com/news/2022-08-18/TD-Securities-takes-tactical-short-in-silver-looks-for-17.html

Edited by theman73

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

14 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I'm sure we all know someone, maybe very personally, who spends whatever they earn on stuff, that stuff quickly becomes worthless or disappears...

A friend must spank roughly £1k a month on nonsense. He could buy silver with that cash. After 1 year, he could have himself about a monster box of silver that would otherwise be lost wealth, maybe he would miss out on a few good hang overs, probably he'd be a few lbs lighter.

So is silver a store of wealth? 

Well for him, it would have stored some real, tangible, physical wealth, maybe he could sell it and roll the cash into something else, he'd be about £12k better off in just one year,

Imagine the power of that over a few years, even if the silver only broke even.

My only question, why the **** didn't he just buy gold?!

42 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I have watched loads of silver videos on YT over the last few days it's becoming to look more like a cult everyone looks like they are  loaded to the teeth with silver and wishing and hoping it will go to the moon or at least get to the point where they can bail without too much losses.  

This is the Age of the Cult. We have the Cult of COVID, the Cult of Climate Change, the Cult of Gender, the Cult of Woke........... and of course the Cult of Silver. 

i must admit i watched my fair share of these silver to the Moon videos - silver will be $30 by the end of the year, it will be $50, it will be $200. We have all heard them. 
Is silver correctly priced? No it isn't. September silver goes into Comex Opex Expiration and rollover in 5 sessions and there is currently a 10c backwardation to spot. Futures do not sell for 10 cents less than spot when in 5 days they expire - the price of spot and futures should be almost equal. That tells you the 'market' is selling the living daylights out of SI futures. Has this got anything to do with the supply and demand for physical silver? No it hasn't. There has been over a 1000 tonnes offtake since SI fell below $19.75. JP Morgan traders may have been convicted but the games continue. They will continue until there isn't a 1000 tonnes of physical to take delivery on. When physical can no longer be begged, borrowed or stolen at whatever the prevailing paper price is, then silver goes to the Moon. At that point fiat will be blowing up. Until that happens keep stacking. Load up to the teeth and then grandma's dentures.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I’m not out to browbeat anyone, we have all seen the piles of YT videos with a combined subscribers of millions of people, the information and more importantly the culture is convincing people to buy silver on the back of it being a hedge against inflation, a sound investment, and a store of wealth. 

Millions  are getting indoctrinated by the culture of silver stacking for purely a financial investment on the back of some very shady financial advice. It’s become an ideology more than investment. 

18 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

I'm sure we all know someone, maybe very personally, who spends whatever they earn on stuff, that stuff quickly becomes worthless or disappears...

A friend must spank roughly £1k a month on nonsense. He could buy silver with that cash. After 1 year, he could have himself about a monster box of silver that would otherwise be lost wealth, maybe he would miss out on a few good hang overs, probably he'd be a few lbs lighter.

So is silver a store of wealth? 

Well for him, it would have stored some real, tangible, physical wealth, maybe he could sell it and roll the cash into something else, he'd be about £12k better off in just one year,

Imagine the power of that over a few years, even if the silver only broke even.

My only question, why the **** didn't he just buy gold?!

I have a mate like this too, he would be better off just giving me a grand per month and when he wants it back I’ll give him £800 for every £1000 he gave me, a better return than silver. 

On 09/08/2022 at 09:17, Scootermuppet said:

Wasn’t Spam & Corned beef the cheap option when it came to meat? Seem to remember they were when I was a kid…

…and if you’re going to stack Beans, you may as well go for the best available 😅

pf-beans.png.26cf9237202d51b7f840f5365b7d33cd.png

In this context, does "PF" have a different meaning?

...and what about MS?

😎

Chards

29 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I’m not out to browbeat anyone, we have all seen the piles of YT videos with a combined subscribers of millions of people, the information and more importantly the culture is convincing people to buy silver on the back of it being a hedge against inflation, a sound investment, and a store of wealth. 

Millions  are getting indoctrinated by the culture of silver stacking for purely a financial investment on the back of some very shady financial advice. It’s become an ideology more than investment. 

The silver pumpers make videos where they predict silver is going to the Moon b/c that is what people want to hear. That gets them clicks and revenue from Google. That may also get them income from selling silver or referring to dealers. Personally i tired of those videos a long time ago. Do some people get drawn in. Yes they do - some are on this forum. i have seen them complaining about having ever bought silver. That it has been nothing but a loser. 
I bought privy horse Britannias at the start of 2015 - this was my first proper silver purchase - they worked out at £13.73 each from Celt Gold. i have kept buying. Maybe i have been a bit lucky b/c i splashed out when silver was in the $15 range and coin prices were equally depressed. i kind of hoped silver would go to the Moon but only after i had got a big stack. Now i have a big stack at the bottom of the sea i sit back - i don't fuss. If i die before it happens my kids will get the coins and both of them are thankfully more interested in the metals now. 

Silver is a long term investment - it is one where you accumulate over years - then as if by magic the boat will come in and the Silver Cultists will all be millionaires. It will happen when it happens.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

21 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

But silver is looking cheap today (£16.19), compared with any time in the past 2 years, and also when looking at the Gold:Silver ratio this morning 

Gold:Silver Ratio

We bought 2000 ounces overnight as part of a hedge position, and I would be happy to see us add another 10,000 ouncesat these levels.

Sure, it could go down further, in which case we would look to "overhedge" by buying more, but from here it is more likely to "recover" back to recent levels (over £20 back in March), so we could easily see £17 or £18 in the next few months.

Even so, physical gold is probably still a better investment than physical silver.

😎

Chards

Although Silver has outperformed Gold over the last two years it is still relatively cheap, ergo a buying opportunity. All buying opportunities present when sentiment is negative.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024