• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I just realised

Tell me about it !   I started stacking back in 2015 and I still religiously check on the silver and gold price every day. 😊

But buying PMs is almost like spending money without spending money. It's far better than blowing your money away indulged on something like cigarettes and booze.  Those who started stacking a few years ago will have protected their wealth and should see a handsome return in value.

Enjoy the journey ! 🤗

Edited by Happypanda88

8 hours ago, scarecrow said:

As the title says, I just realised I'm gonna have to re-mortgage the house if I keep buying PMs at this rate. Started off with getting a little stack together and now I'm obsessed with making it bigger 😋

Sell your stack and pay off the mortgage!

5 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

But buying PMs is almost like spending money without spending money. It's far better than blowing your money away indulged on something like cigarettes and booze.  Those who started stacking a few years ago will have protected their wealth and should see a handsome return in value.

Exactly why I started buying pms. Sadly I wasted money in previous years on endless hobbies and projects in the name of indulging myself. I was happy for a time but ultimately realised they were an expensive waste of money. Perhaps it's the current state of the world but now I'm watching every penny I spend with a view to investing in pms rather than taking up watercolours or fishing or anything else I come across on You Tube and think, I'll try that!

All those missed sovereigns I could have bought over the years instead of the dried up painting materials lying around not worth a bean :( 

9 hours ago, scarecrow said:

As the title says, I just realised I'm gonna have to re-mortgage the house if I keep buying PMs at this rate. Started off with getting a little stack together and now I'm obsessed with making it bigger 😋

I know the feeling. I bought a sov last week and thinking about getting another this week. If anything collecting pms has stopped me spending money on silly things. Like food. :D 

Edited by GoldDabbler

39 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

Exactly why I started buying pms. Sadly I wasted money in previous years on endless hobbies and projects in the name of indulging myself. I was happy for a time but ultimately realised they were an expensive waste of money. Perhaps it's the current state of the world but now I'm watching every penny I spend with a view to investing in pms rather than taking up watercolours or fishing or anything else I come across on You Tube and think, I'll try that!

All those missed sovereigns I could have bought over the years instead of the dried up painting materials lying around not worth a bean :( 

We sound like two peas from the same pod😋

3 hours ago, GoldDabbler said:

I think we’ve all thought this, if only I’d started sooner., but imagine having not started at all.

It might not be all bad regarding the paintings, but most artists don’t make it big until, well. 😬

34 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I think we’ve all thought this, if only I’d started sooner., but imagine having not started at all.

It might not be all bad regarding the paintings, but most artists don’t make it big until, well. 😬

I had one of my paintings displayed in an art gallery and sold it. But it was a community exhibition and I only got £20 quid for it :D The frame cost me more lol.

20 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

But much more fun than sitting at home looking at a pile of sovereigns.

Am I right?

Could always sell the stack and paint sovereigns? 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, modofantasma said:

Super cars are a lot of fun but a couple of grand on oil and rubber each year along with £7-800 on fuel a month before any upgrades or repairs can buy quite a bit of shiny stuff. If it's an either or choice then there's a clear winner. 

Agreed 👍 super car...with a boot full of gold.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

6 minutes ago, dicker said:

My wife runs the accounts in our household and I spend. 

Many times on a Friday, I have heard…

”What the f@@@ have you spent £@@@@@ on.  That’s enough to buy a @@@.

To which I reply:

“Some men spend money on cars, women, gambling I have a problem with buying Tier 1 assets”

As an account this slightly pacified her mood. But I tend to steer clear for the rest of the day, lest I get drawn into a conversation where she wants a Tesla or  some vile garden furniture.  

Bet you say that garden furniture looks lovely when you want some!....... Oh look it comes with a matching parasol we must have it darling🤣

6 hours ago, Foster88 said:

But much more fun than sitting at home looking at a pile of sovereigns.

Am I right?

These activities are not mutually exclusive, and I'm happy to multitask!

Also some girls like to fondle a pile of gold.

😎

Chards

10 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Also some girls like to fondle a pile of gold.

😎

So many times do I have to re-read what Lawrence writes.

Not sure if that means that I have a dirt mind, or if the innuendos are just too subliminal. 

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.

27 minutes ago, Lyrinn said:

So many times do I have to re-read what Lawrence writes.

Not sure if that means that I have a dirt mind, or if the innuendos are just too subliminal. 

I prefer to call them double entendres. Innuendo has rather a negative connotation.

Basically, I enjoy playing with words, and the English language, being very rich, lends itself to almost endless fun.

😎

Chards