• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

3 minutes ago, Dazlenk said:

So what are we saying, from an investment point of view as far as proof silver is concerned, buy, grade, sell? I don't really have the contacts to be able to get these coins on release. Have to rely on the secondary market and hope there's some left. However, I wouldn't be looking to sell for say 10-20 years. however, if they're covered in man fat then what's the point. Maybe I'll stick to lovely sovs like I meant to originally and try not to get caught up in all the hype/fomo! To that end just bought a lovely 1915 sov! 👍

Brill...I'd stick with and always have bought  sovreigns...instead of being caught up in new inferior releases in mainly poor condition you can never go wrong with Gold sovs. I realise the appeal of all these new releases of QA's and Portaits..I only mention them as they are the most recent releases..but when you read the threads on here....still waiting for coins... members have purchased last year..then receiving their coins with dents,scratches,frosting missing,loose capsuals that have possibly damaged their coins..boxes in terrible condition as so on...not to mention queues,missing out on these releases...is it really worth the hassle of continously returning inferior coins..waiting months for their delivery when other coins are being released and delivered before the coins they purchased havnt arrived..I could go on....and on....its a COMPLETE FAILURE on the RM'S part..But saying that so many members who i wont mention....still defend them and compare them to sliced bread...(If you know what im referring too)..but don't take my word for it...the evidence is in the threads,complaints,frustration at not receiving their coins that they paid for 3,4 months ago...UNBELIEVABLE!!! All I'm saying is....spend your money on Gold Sovs from any century..you will get a coin without outrageous premiums...and will not have the Sky-high stress waiting for these high premium new released silver coins and Gold,not so much of a premium on Gold..but hard to buy on the day of release....its just my opinion and take it with a pinch of salt...but now....I only buy Gold...Silver proofs are too much of a gamble and you just don't know what condition your coin is going to arrive in...50/50 and I'm being Conservative that it's going to be 'PROOF'...no dents,scratches,spotting,loose capsuals and damaged boxes.......'You do the math'....

🙂🙂🙂

P.s...I realy dont understand a certain well know member that must be in bed with the RM.....it doesn't matter what condition his coins arrive in...he will never say anything bad..or should I say..not so bad and always understands the pressure the RM are under and forgives there incompetence every time he receives an inferior minted release!!!that he hardly has a bad word to say against them.....?

1. It's the fact he has an account manager and doesn't want to P**s him off because he wants to stay on his account managers good side for future pre sales info......or he lives on a different Planet and is scared to tell the truth and how he feels..just hiding away in a corner and receiving first dobs on new releases..

Again just my opinion..I have no proof...but I go with my gut feeling...and information I receive from others who think the same as me......🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

On 12/02/2022 at 20:35, Ducat916 said:

I too have had issues with the 2oz Gothic Portrait. Arrived with no filler padding in the outer box, capsule open & some missing frosting on the coin (exact same place as @BackyardBullioncoin), didn't even have QC label anywhere.

I'm in a dilemma, do I return the coin & risk getting an even worse one back or possibly no replacement at all.

I rang RM customer service today & spoke to a very nice lady, i was very polite & absolutely not having a go at customer service staff. In return, she listened to every issue & will put an explanation on my order. As to what to do, she said she would have to speak to a manager. I mentioned I'd seen lots of issues with this coin including @BackyardBullion YouTube video & that my coin has the exact same issues.

I asked what can be done, can they be re-mint & I get a replacement. She said they'd seen plenty of issues of the coin online but the coins were sold out & she couldn't guarantee me a replacement, this would have to decided at a higher level & I got the impression that they'd been informed of so many issues, a meeting at RM may be held to decide what to do.

As with others, this is a 2 coin set so don't really just want a refund.

She advised to ring back on Monday when they may have more news of a way forward with these coins.

She was extremely helpful & I feel for the customer services staff, having to not only deal with a huge amount of releases (there's the FA cup coin on Monday) but they also have to deal with more calls generated by sub par coins.

I can only hope they deal with an ordinary person lucky enough to get one one these coins, myself, the same way they deal with the big RM spenders - I really hope they re-mint these & do a proper QC check before sending out 🤞

Got in touch with RM customer services again today. Pleasant staff & they confirmed if I return my Portrait they'll assess it & if deemed not up to standard, I'll get a replacement coin (would be reminted). So off to RM it goes....if I get a returns label - they said they'd email me one in 10 mins but it's been 7 hrs & still no email (checked my spam folder).

Come on RM, just put this right

46 minutes ago, JeffM said:

Yes, I have always considered myself being covered in man fat.  Just like with the coins, it's not a pleasant sight, but not much you can do about it.

Jeff, the term man fat here in the UK doesn't mean fat that accumulates on a man. Well, not as I think you suggested, and of course each to their own.

Perhaps fat,  in a man, that may, on occasion leave said man. Normally at times like birthdays, and Christmas. Or other times you may count yourself lucky.

Just now, GoldDiggerDave said:

Well page 182 has got a bit strange.....

Says the man who starts an auction for 1p lol

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

30 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Brill...I'd stick with and always have bought  sovreigns...instead of being caught up in new inferior releases in mainly poor condition you can never go wrong with Gold sovs. I realise the appeal of all these new releases of QA's and Portaits..I only mention them as they are the most recent releases..but when you read the threads on here....still waiting for coins... members have purchased last year..then receiving their coins with dents,scratches,frosting missing,loose capsuals that have possibly damaged their coins..boxes in terrible condition as so on...not to mention queues,missing out on these releases...is it really worth the hassle of continously returning inferior coins..waiting months for their delivery when other coins are being released and delivered before the coins they purchased havnt arrived..I could go on....and on....its a COMPLETE FAILURE on the RM'S part..But saying that so many members who i wont mention....still defend them and compare them to sliced bread...(If you know what im referring too)..but don't take my word for it...the evidence is in the threads,complaints,frustration at not receiving their coins that they paid for 3,4 months ago...UNBELIEVABLE!!! All I'm saying is....spend your money on Gold Sovs from any century..you will get a coin without outrageous premiums...and will not have the Sky-high stress waiting for these high premium new released silver coins and Gold,not so much of a premium on Gold..but hard to buy on the day of release....its just my opinion and take it with a pinch of salt...but now....I only buy Gold...Silver proofs are too much of a gamble and you just don't know what condition your coin is going to arrive in...50/50 and I'm being Conservative that it's going to be 'PROOF'...no dents,scratches,spotting,loose capsuals and damaged boxes.......'You do the math'....

🙂🙂🙂

P.s...I realy dont understand a certain well know member that must be in bed with the RM.....it doesn't matter what condition his coins arrive in...he will never say anything bad..or should I say..not so bad and always understands the pressure the RM are under and forgives there incompetence every time he receives an inferior minted release!!!that he hardly has a bad word to say against them.....?

1. It's the fact he has an account manager and doesn't want to P**s him off because he wants to stay on his account managers good side for future pre sales info......or he lives on a different Planet and is scared to tell the truth and how he feels..just hiding away in a corner and receiving first dobs on new releases..

Again just my opinion..I have no proof...but I go with my gut feeling...and information I receive from others who think the same as me......🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

You and Barry drink in the same pub?😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Stop my ribs are breaking.....now who's Barry?????

If your going to write memoirs then state who you're talking about, otherwise its just noise.

Edited by James32

@NewCoins   Your attempt to explain man fat is comedy gold! 

33 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Jeff, the term man fat here in the UK doesn't mean fat that accumulates on a man. Well, not as I think you suggested, and of course each to their own

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

If your going to write memoirs then state who you're talking about, otherwise its just noise.

Oh James...you make me crack up.....tell you what...see if you can figure out my "Noise" and discover ....who I might be talking about? And BTW.. this is a forum yes? Which means you can post your views/comments how ever long or short..or as you say 'Memoirs '...or have I misunderstood.....should I just say 'Yes or no' to everyone's comments? I'd appreciate your views on the Forum etiquette??

Regards..

4 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Oh James...you make me crack up.....tell you what...see if you can figure out my "Noise" and discover ....who I might be talking about? And BTW.. this is a forum yes? Which means you can post your views/comments how ever long or short..or as you say 'Memoirs '...or have I misunderstood.....should I just say 'Yes or no' to everyone's comments? I'd appreciate your views on the Forum etiquette??

Regards..

Pm whoever you mean and I will call them out 😁

You could have very valid points but if I don't know "who is on the side of the rm" then how can I make an accurate judgement?

Everyone is entitled to speak their mind , I just don't think writing cryptic crosswords is helpful to anyone. 

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Pm whoever you mean and I will call them out 😁

You could have very valid points but if I don't know "who is on the side of the rm" then how can I make an accurate judgement?

Everyone is entitled to speak their mind , I just don't think writing cryptic crosswords is helpful to anyone. 

James32....You know if thought we were not friends,well I don't think I could bear it! It's a puzzle,try and guess which person I might be talking about........🤔