• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

I'm not taking the plunge today for it - but think i will buy wait for a graded MS70 £5 BU to arrive on the market in Spring 2023 

If history repeats like this year, should be able to get one for £3000-£3200

It will pair nicely with the 2022 £5 BU 

Fingers crossed it is a matt finish again  

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm not taking the plunge today for it - but think i will buy wait for a graded MS70 £5 BU to arrive on the market in Spring 2023 

If history repeats like this year, should be able to get one for £3000-£3200

It will pair nicely with the 2022 £5 BU 

Fingers crossed it is a matt finish again  

If not, you could get it sandblasted!

😎

Chards

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://www.thecoinconnection.co.uk/product/the-memorial-five-coin-sovereign-set-2022/

x1 Five set available at Coin Connection if anyone fancies stumping up a RRP +£900 "sold out" premium on top 

Serious question, history tells us the 5 coin set is always a winner. 

Is this the first time the 4 coin set was only issued strictly by the mint ?

Just trying to make myself feel better about missing the big one 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, SheepStacker said:

Just my luck, I blow my Credit Card limit on the new Sovs, and then Royal Mint choose today to list a coin I've been after for ages on their site. 😕

dra.png

That's been on there since yesterday morning. I didn't post it anywhere cos I thought it was quite expensive - is that a good price then? 

Just now, paulmerton said:

That's been on there since yesterday morning. I didn't post it anywhere cos I thought it was quite expensive - is that a good price then? 

I've been following a few on fleabay, and they go for £6-700.

Chards had one a few months ago for £635

2 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

Just my luck, I blow my Credit Card limit on the new Sovs, and then Royal Mint choose today to list a coin I've been after for ages on their site. 😕

dra.png

Thanks I will get a few of those ....now logging back in 😁

simon-pegg.gif

15 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

If not, you could get it sandblasted!

😎

1 minute ago, Midasfrog said:

kids-predicaments.gif

This reminds me of the time Miss Blackpool was left buried up to her neck in sand on Blackpool Beach.

She asked me to dig her out, and when I asked "What's in it for me?", she said...

"Sand!"

😎

Chards

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

This reminds me of the time Miss Blackpool was left buried up to her neck in sand on Blackpool Beach.

She asked me to dig her out, and when I asked "What's in it for me?", she said...

"Sand!"

😎

The old ones are the best, now don't ask me whether I'm referring to the joke or the teller!😎

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

They're still available at Chards. Fire up the dyson!!

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

even paying a premium on price today at +£900 on RRP, if you are planning to hold for 10years +

these are are destined to do well

in 2030, 8 years away the £5 gold proof out today will most likely be a £10k+ coin 

4 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

Interesting, but a dealer and out of stock. I sometimes they put the price up in these situations to flush out a few sellers!

One went on the bay a month ago for 550

Edited by sovereignsteve

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 minute ago, SiCole said:

They're still available at Chards. Fire up the dyson!!

Don't want both sets. Said last night I wanted 4 coin minimum so that will do.

Even if I cancelled from the RM a refund would take a while and chards don't take credit card so my only other option would be a mad selling spree.

BBP have capped cc payments at £5k ffs. Plenty of credit and no where to use it. 

I'm content though 😌 probably 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

Interesting, but a dealer and out of stock. I sometimes they put the price up in these situations to flush out a few sellers!

One went on the bay a month ago for 550

Ah well, I can't be bothered to cancel part of my Sov order, so I'll just have to hope they still have some at the end of the month. I have the 2oz Silver anyway.