• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

PLATINUM DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

• Founder & Administrator
20 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Also is it just me that is seeing that "Your content will need to be approved by a moderator"? 

No. Please check the icon on the topic. The topic was moved to moderator approval temporarily because it kept going off topic. It is a topic setting.  

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Founder & Administrator

I will remove the topic setting. But please do start new topics for discussion and try to use this topic exclusively for sharing deals. It is supposed to be a deal topic for members to share deals they find.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, vacancies said:

anything at spot?

Very unlikely I would say!

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

• 3 months later...

What are the best 1oz platinum coins or bars deals online in the UK right now apart from The Royal Mint?

Any offline shops open in West Midlands now that has the best platinum deals? When buying from brick & mortar shops do you need to bring documentation or ID?

Edited by very452001

4 hours ago, very452001 said:

What are the best 1oz platinum coins or bars deals online in the UK right now apart from The Royal Mint?

Any offline shops open in West Midlands now that has the best platinum deals? When buying from brick & mortar shops do you need to bring documentation or ID?

Any time i've bought in person ID has been required. Money laundering regs most lightly. @ChardsCoinandBullionDealerwould give you a definitive answer being one of those bricks n mortar shops.

2 hours ago, StackemHigh said:

Any time i've bought in person ID has been required. Money laundering regs most lightly. @ChardsCoinandBullionDealerwould give you a definitive answer being one of those bricks n mortar shops.

So if I bought lets say just 1 silver oz coin at the shop I'm required to show my life history to prove I'm not a drug dealer lol?

So at what shopping total max figure before VAT where a customer can spend without being asked for documents?

On 21/06/2021 at 22:29, very452001 said:

So if I bought lets say just 1 silver oz coin at the shop I'm required to show my life history to prove I'm not a drug dealer lol?

So at what shopping total max figure before VAT where a customer can spend without being asked for documents?

I was thinking platinum purchases of a few hundred £ .

1oz of silver is sweetie and jaffa cake money really.

On 21/06/2021 at 19:32, StackemHigh said:

For "Investment Gold", almost always yes, one exception being from small non-VAT registered dealers.

For platinum, silver, etc, no, unless you are or might be spending £5,000 or more, or £10,000  in any 12 month period.

It is not a big deal, you don't get reported unless you raise suspicions. 🙂

Chards

On 21/06/2021 at 15:13, very452001 said:

The Royal Mint would be unlikely to get included in any list of  1oz platinum coins or bars deals.

Can't think of any good dealers in the midlands.

Nearest is Blackpool, I reckon. 🙂

I am not sure what an offline shop is, we try to be online 24/7, who isn't?

Our showroom is only open M-F 10.00 - 4.30 though, and currently only by appointment.

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

For "Investment Gold", almost always yes, one exception being from small non-VAT registered dealers.

For platinum, silver, etc, no, unless you are or might be spending £5,000 or more, or £10,000  in any 12 month period.

It is not a big deal, you don't get reported unless you raise suspicions. 🙂

So for example lets say if I walk in dealer with my adidas hoody on wearing a 50k rolex lol, with my debit card with 10k in my bank account and buy 10k worth of silver/platinum bullion on my debit card then the dealer will report me to the taxman after me buying and leaving the dealer shop 😆? All bullion dealers have been trained by their HMRC Taxman boss on how to identify a drug dealer 😂?

Does the dealer has the right to lose business/profit resulting from declining transactions or not doing business with pimped up looking drug dealers lol?

Edited by very452001

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

The Royal Mint would be unlikely to get included in any list of  1oz platinum coins or bars deals.

Can't think of any good dealers in the midlands.

Nearest is Blackpool, I reckon. 🙂

I am not sure what an offline shop is, we try to be online 24/7, who isn't?

Our showroom is only open M-F 10.00 - 4.30 though, and currently only by appointment.

I mean a brick & mortar actual shop where a customer can simply walk into and buy. Or is it nowadays that you have to bring your life history documents with you to prove who you are and account every transaction since birth like a mortgage appointment is at a bank to see whether your approved to buy bullion these days?

27 minutes ago, very452001 said:

So for example lets say if I walk in dealer with my adidas hoody on wearing a 50k rolex lol, with my debit card with 10k in my bank account and buy 10k worth of silver/platinum bullion on my debit card then the dealer will report me to the taxman after me buying and leaving the dealer shop 😆? All bullion dealers have been trained by their HMRC Taxman boss on how to identify a drug dealer 😂?

Does the dealer has the right to lose business/profit resulting from declining transactions or not doing business with pimped up looking drug dealers lol?

So for example lets say if I walk in dealer with my adidas hoody on wearing a 50k rolex lol, with my debit card with 10k in my bank account and buy 10k worth of silver/platinum bullion on my debit card then the dealer will report me to the taxman after me buying and leaving the dealer shop 😆?

If you looked that that, we might not even let yout in!

All bullion dealers have been trained by their HMRC Taxman boss on how to identify a drug dealer 😂?

It would be more productive to train them to spot bankers from Wachovia, Standard Chartered, Danske, BCCI, HSBC, or any one of many others, or the Island state of Nauru.

Yes, and probably a legal and moral obligation too.

🙂

An example a banker gave me was if they had a customer with a sandwich shop, who regularly took payments of, say £30 each, the banker should be curious and try to check whether these were for legitimate business transactions, perhaps a regular office lunch delivery, or was somethng dodgy such as a different kind of wrap being sold under the counter, If in doubt, it should be reported, otherwise the bank employee could face criminal charges.

Chards

34 minutes ago, very452001 said:

I mean a brick & mortar actual shop where a customer can simply walk into and buy. Or is it nowadays that you have to bring your life history documents with you to prove who you are and account every transaction since birth like a mortgage appointment is at a bank to see whether your approved to buy bullion these days?

From an earlier answer:

It is not a big deal, you don't get reported unless you raise suspicions.

... and yes we are also Bricks and Mortar (actually more steel, concrete, and cladding).

our-harrowside-showroom-.jpg

Chards

• 3 months later...
On 24/06/2021 at 21:41, LawrenceChard said:

From an earlier answer:

It is not a big deal, you don't get reported unless you raise suspicions.

... and yes we are also Bricks and Mortar (actually more steel, concrete, and cladding).

As I understand it, there is no legal obligation to take ID for selling a couple of gold Sovs to Joe Public, or anything below £5,000.

13 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

As I understand it, there is no legal obligation to take ID for selling a couple of gold Sovs to Joe Public, or anything below £5,000.

It depends on exact circumstances.

For most private individuals, that's correct.

For VAT registered dealers, no! 

Any VAT registered dealers who are also dealers in "Investment Gold", I.D. is a strict legal requirement.

There are also A.M.L. (Anti Money Laundering) regulations to consider.

The whole subject is quite detailed and complicated, and there are a number of common misunderstandings.

There is more here:

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/acceptable-forms-of-id/413

and on a few other pages of the Chards website.

I hope this helps.

Chards

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

It depends on exact circumstances.

For most private individuals, that's correct.

For VAT registered dealers, no! 

Any VAT registered dealers who are also dealers in "Investment Gold", I.D. is a strict legal requirement.

There are also A.M.L. (Anti Money Laundering) regulations to consider.

The whole subject is quite detailed and complicated, and there are a number of common misunderstandings.

There is more here:

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/acceptable-forms-of-id/413

and on a few other pages of the Chards website.

I hope this helps.

Honestly, your own explanation was clearer and more succinct than your page's! It says "you may be required" and then went on to cover every scenario, all of which required ID, without telling us when it's not required. I think most people on this forum are Joe Publics who don't deal (although I hope none of us walks the streets with Adidas hoodies!).

19 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

Honestly, your own explanation was clearer and more succinct than your page's! It says "you may be required" and then went on to cover every scenario, all of which required ID, without telling us when it's not required. I think most people on this forum are Joe Publics who don't deal (although I hope none of us walks the streets with Adidas hoodies!).

Thanks,

I share the frustration that some of our pages are not as clear, concise, or accurate as I would like them.

One alternative would be to go back to me writing all of them, along with 12 hours days, and spending even less time working with actual coins and people.

Another would be more and better training and education, but don't tell anyone at @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer I said that! 😎

Chards