• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

PLATINUM DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

4 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

I do not agree.

The price History agrees.😁

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

7 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

....so is palladium continued to be used in catalytic converters (and for other industrial products) even when it is twice the price of platinum ?!  Why not go back to platinum as it is way cheaper now ? 

I believe that palladium is more efficient with petrol engines catalytic converters (with manufacturers needing to meet low emissions standards) and platinum is used in catalytic converters of diesel. But diesel are less popular than, petrol these days.

I'm no expert, just my thoughts. Happy to be corrected by someone who knows more.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't entirely sure where to post this (or indeed whether) but there's a 1oz platinum proof jubilee coin available from the koin club for a not-too-outrageous amount considering it has an edition limit of 170 (maximum mintage of 180) and sold out PDQ.

https://uk.thekoinclub.com/products/the-platinum-jubilee-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2022-uk-1oz-platinum-proof-coin

15 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Wasn't entirely sure where to post this (or indeed whether) but there's a 1oz platinum proof jubilee coin available from the koin club for a not-too-outrageous amount considering it has an edition limit of 170 (maximum mintage of 180) and sold out PDQ.

https://uk.thekoinclub.com/products/the-platinum-jubilee-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2022-uk-1oz-platinum-proof-coin

I saw that last night, Im not convinced they are still available.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

I just got an email from them this morning with more details inviting me to buy it, so it looks like the do have at least one.

I got the special invitation too. Previously I thought they had either gone or wouldn’t be worth buying. If they can’t sell them with their email list and a 600 quid mark up on RRP how difficult would it be for me to move on? 

still think it could prove a wise buy in 50 years 😀

• 4 weeks later...

Queen of England recently had her 'Platinum' Jubilee. The queen had her 'golden' jubilee 20 years ago back in 2002.

If people say Gold is a better and more valuable metal that platinum then why platinum is in a higher ranking hierarchy than gold?

If the Queen survives longer then what is her next jubilee based on what precious material?

2 minutes ago, very452001 said:

Queen of England recently had her 'Platinum' Jubilee. The queen had her 'golden' jubilee 20 years ago back in 2002.

If people say Gold is a better and more valuable metal that platinum then why platinum is in a higher ranking hierarchy than gold?

If the Queen survives longer then what is her next jubilee based on what precious material?

Diamond and/or gold for the 75th, then Oak for the 80th.

The Royal Mint will make so much profit with their Oak coins!

But this is not a deal...

38 minutes ago, very452001 said:

Because in recent history Gold has enjoyed a higher spot price?

On 09/02/2022 at 17:01, paulmerton said:

Diamond and/or gold for the 75th, then Oak for the 80th.

The Royal Mint will make so much profit with their Oak coins!

But this is not a deal...

Gold again for the 75th? Didn't she had one back in 2002?

Edited by very452001

3 minutes ago, very452001 said:

Gold again for the 75th? Didn't she had one back in 2002?

Yes, plus the diamond one in 2012, hence why it might be a combination of both if it ever happens.

Anyway, this still isn't related to anything this thread is meant to be for.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

@Pete?

Thought it would have been obvious but for those who don't have a bloodhound and smoke a pipe, living in Baker Street here you go - https://www.roslandgold.co.uk/products/pcgs-graded-platinum-jubilee-of-queen-elizabeth-ii-1oz-platinum-sovereign

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

Thought it would have been obvious but for those who don't have a bloodhound and smoke a pipe, living in Baker Street here you go - https://www.roslandgold.co.uk/products/pcgs-graded-platinum-jubilee-of-queen-elizabeth-ii-1oz-platinum-sovereign

Thanks.

It's interesting that their URL seems to suggest it is a platinum sovereign.

Also this seems a rather empty promise "Price promise guarantee* - We will match online retailers", in view of "... each stunning coin is available exclusively from Rosland ... "

From the images, it looks nice, but it sure is expensive, and the secondary market is not likely to be kind to Ascension Island coins.

Anybody want to forecast its market price in a few years time?

😎

Chards

42 minutes ago, Pete said:

I wondered how many it would let me add to my basket, but got bored when I reached 142:

1752005394_142xPCGS-GradedPlatinumJubileeofQueenElizabethII1ozPurePlatinum100Coin.thumb.jpg.f3b018e1a23fcb35ba68b89a4da3ed3f.jpg

I think I'll cancel, as I don't have a discount code!

😎

Chards