• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

PLATINUM DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

• 4 weeks later...

Hi new to Platinum here.

I see platinum market price 1 oz now today is around £760.

What premium in % over spot price am I paying for physical delivery?

Can I buy physical platinum in UK without VAT or do I have to go to europeanmint.com to get VAT free platinum? Why coinivest.com charging VAT for platinum when its in Europe?

If its VAT free on europeanmint then why the price of platinum is so high there, its £970 oz there. Are europeanmint charging a huge premium over spot or they charging a hidden VAT or something to justify the huge higher price over spot?

Does anyone know any good physical dealers in europe who charge a little premium over spot for platinum that has no VAT and backed by good customer reviews on trustpilot.

Finally if me ands others miss the brexit deadline meaning VAT payable on imports into UK then on trading apps like freetrade or trading212, which platinum tickers/etf's/etc's are the most popular for platinum market traders?

There is not a lot of competition on the platinum coin market, so sellers get away with squeezing buyers.

That said, europeanmint is still the cheapest site I know (once they get supply, which for platinum doesn't seem to be easy nowadays). The Belgian site is slightly more expensive and gets a lot of bad press here (not from me), and sites here in Germany are *beeep* expensive.

6 hours ago, xthomasx said:

There is not a lot of competition on the platinum coin market, so sellers get away with squeezing buyers.

That said, europeanmint is still the cheapest site I know (once they get supply, which for platinum doesn't seem to be easy nowadays). The Belgian site is slightly more expensive and gets a lot of bad press here (not from me), and sites here in Germany are *beeep* expensive.

So the super high price premium over spot at europeanmint is similar price to UK prices with VAT? If that is the case whats the point ordering vat free platinum from Europe anyway when you can order local here in UK?

On 23/12/2020 at 15:21, very452001 said:

So the super high price premium over spot at europeanmint is similar price to UK prices with VAT? If that is the case whats the point ordering vat free platinum from Europe anyway when you can order local here in UK?

This conversation probably deserves its own thread!

There are a couple of things going on here and one of the major factors pushing up prices is supply outstrips demand. 
It’s a challenge to find in the UK or EU. To find an Oz of platinum for under a grand. 
It’s widely accepted that Platinum is undervalued and well overdue a price correction. It feels like most dealers have taken this into account.

There isn’t a great deal of Platinum available, customers are paying in excess of £1000 an ounce so the little Platinum dealers get hold of, they hang on to knowing they will achieve the price the expect, or the overdue price correction will have happened and they will still be sitting pretty.

My heartfelt advice is don’t wait to buy Platinum, there is only one direction the price is going to go and that’s up!

There aren’t many times in the Precious Metals business when you get the opportunity for a short term sure thing, I believe Platinum is offering that right now.

I’m confident we will see Platinum double in price during early 2021, so swallow the prices being offered and buy up what you can whilst you can. 

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, daca said:

I would be interested to know if you buy from goldsilver.be and actually take delivery of what you buy.

I would also be interested to know if their customer service has improved.

Good prices, but so many bad things on the forum about this company; maybe their bad eggs have gone.

7 hours ago, JasonDavies said:

I would be interested to know if you buy from goldsilver.be and actually take delivery of what you buy.

Good prices, but so many bad things on the forum about this company; maybe their bad eggs have gone.

I bought from them and had my order the next day. No idea how they did this from Belgium.

8 hours ago, JasonDavies said:

Generally had very good experience with GS and my final pre-Brexit silver order was received 48 hours later, delivered by UPS

It remains to be seen if there is a solution to 20% VAT on platinum as that for me is a current hurdle I am unwilling to jump.

I've not had any major problems with gs.be but not ordered post Brexit, they do stock a nice range of coins though.

Personally speaking I'm not convinced that the 1/10th Britannia is that a great price.

Even before the change to VAT there was high postage costs and very high premiums on the platinum coins from the coin dealers on the continent. So much so that it made the Royal Mints prices look reasonable 😀

On 13/01/2021 at 11:26, Tattoedamat said:

The last few platinum queen's beast I bought ended up being through the royalmint as worked out cheaper in the end though I did buy them on the big drops

Agreed -always worth checking the RM because I also found their pricing competitive.

Still unhappy with dealer margins though so perhaps this will fall in line later in the year.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Agreed -always worth checking the RM because I also found their pricing competitive.

Still unhappy with dealer margins though so perhaps this will fall in line later in the year.

It's a bit of a vicious circle as there would have to be more demand from the general public to force the dealers to compete on price, which in turn would drop the premiums.

I refuse to believe that sort of premium on a bullion coin is all down to production overheads.

3 hours ago, GoldStatue said:

I refuse to believe that sort of premium on a bullion coin is all down to production overheads.

Yes especially when you could buy the same platinum coins 9 months ago for a considerably lower premium over spot.
Market forces and supply & demand with very few coins showing for sale these days

On 16/01/2021 at 08:19, MJHughesCoins said:

Good deal! Shame it doesn’t deduct VAT when shipping outside the EU or else it would be an even better deal! 😂

18 hours ago, UncommonSeal said:

Good deal! Shame it doesn’t deduct VAT when shipping outside the EU or else it would be an even better deal! 😂

@BritanniaCoinCompany

As for EU customers purchasing e.g. platinum coins which are normally subject to VAT - wouldn't it be possible to zero-rate such goods when shipped to EU?

Edited by CollectForFun

6 hours ago, CollectForFun said:

@BritanniaCoinCompany

As for EU customers purchasing e.g. platinum coins which are normally subject to VAT - wouldn't it be possible to zero-rate such goods when shipped to EU?

It is our current understanding that VAT must be charged on applicable EU orders.

However... I'm delighted to confirm our current platinum stock is technically pre-owned (even though it's brand new) and therefore doesn't have VAT on it. It's very keenly priced, an ideal Pt investment.

bcc-ss.png.5b54df4f871fae1c7da2bbefe9ef70a9.png

The Britannia Coin Company of Royal Wootton Bassett
143 High Street, Royal Wootton Bassett, SN4 7AB
w. 
https://britanniacoincompany.com  t. 01793 205 007

4 hours ago, BritanniaCoinCompany said:

It is our current understanding that VAT must be charged on applicable EU orders.

However... I'm delighted to confirm our current platinum stock is technically pre-owned (even though it's brand new) and therefore doesn't have VAT on it. It's very keenly priced, an ideal Pt investment.

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds great for UK customers, but importing these coins to EU will unfortunately attract corresponding local VAT, I'm afraid (and don't have courage to try and test this assumption myself...). Oh well, we already miss you in the EU, I guess...🙁