• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

2 hours ago, Auricsstash said:

I think there is something going off with the USD take a look at the Euro GBP and Yen to USD charts over the past week.
I feel a lot of money is coming out of the dollar at this moment in time and that’s why the USD gold price has been rock solid...

Dollar index going down €¥£ going up.

15902307-EEC7-43B4-A67E-98CEBF206398.png

Wait until President Trump opens his mouth shortly after he admits it won’t all be over by Easter 🐣 

S&P 500 and Dow Jones already heading down 2% before he’s opened his mouth. Tomorrow should be interesting! 

They always seem to make their speeches just after markets close to limit the shock 

Edited by MancunianStacker

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

4 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Wait until President Trump opens his mouth shortly after he admits it won’t all be over by Easter 🐣 

S&P 500 and Dow Jones already heading down 2% before he’s opened his mouth. Tomorrow should be interesting! 

They always seem to make their speeches just after markets close to limit the shock 

Larry Fink (BlackRock) is currently on the offensive telling global investors to purchase the US Dollar. A total coincidence after Fink was recruited by the Federal Reserve a week ago. Only conspiracy theorists would believe that the Banks are coercing the narrative. 

4 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Larry Fink (BlackRock) is currently on the offensive telling global investors to purchase the US Dollar. A total coincidence after Fink was recruited by the Federal Reserve a week ago. Only conspiracy theorists would believe that the Banks are coercing the narrative. 

Or perhaps they are trying quietly to ship Gold out to Switzerland on behalf the "elites" and "%ankers" 😉🙄🧐

Full article here - - > > https://www.reuters.com/article/precious-refining-lbma-idUSL8N2BK64O

No suspicious characters here then 🤨 - red highlights are mine

By Peter Hobson

LONDON, March 27 (Reuters) - The five banks that clear gold trades in the London market are considering expanding their network of storage locations to other countries if it becomes impossible to fly enough gold in and out of London, said two sources involved in the discussions.

The move would be aimed at reducing the risk of disruption if metal cannot reach London, the world’s most important physical gold trading hub, where trades are underpinned by metal held in high-security vaults.

The five banks - HSBC, JPMorgan, Scotiabank , UBS and ICBC Standard - clear trades worth about $30 billion a day.

Lockdowns to contain the spread of the coronavirus have already shut down several major metal refineries and most global air travel.

This caused gold prices in New York and London to move sharply apart this week as traders worried that metal couldn’t be flown from London to New York to settle contract obligations.

The London Bullion Market Association, which oversees the London trade hub, on Friday said that it was looking with clearing banks and other market participants at “the feasibility of global delivery outside of London”.

The clearing banks are preparing to accept gold at vaults in Switzerland and elsewhere, the two sources said, adding that a final decision had not yet been taken.

23 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Or perhaps they are trying quietly to ship Gold out to Switzerland on behalf the "elites" and "%ankers" 😉🙄🧐

Full article here - - > > https://www.reuters.com/article/precious-refining-lbma-idUSL8N2BK64O

No suspicious characters here then 🤨 - red highlights are mine

By Peter Hobson

LONDON, March 27 (Reuters) - The five banks that clear gold trades in the London market are considering expanding their network of storage locations to other countries if it becomes impossible to fly enough gold in and out of London, said two sources involved in the discussions.

The move would be aimed at reducing the risk of disruption if metal cannot reach London, the world’s most important physical gold trading hub, where trades are underpinned by metal held in high-security vaults.

The five banks - HSBC, JPMorgan, Scotiabank , UBS and ICBC Standard - clear trades worth about $30 billion a day.

Lockdowns to contain the spread of the coronavirus have already shut down several major metal refineries and most global air travel.

This caused gold prices in New York and London to move sharply apart this week as traders worried that metal couldn’t be flown from London to New York to settle contract obligations.

The London Bullion Market Association, which oversees the London trade hub, on Friday said that it was looking with clearing banks and other market participants at “the feasibility of global delivery outside of London”.

The clearing banks are preparing to accept gold at vaults in Switzerland and elsewhere, the two sources said, adding that a final decision had not yet been taken.

Great find.

Its reasonable to deduce that the storing has the BIS playing a part in there.

When HSBC was mentioned I laughed so much I nearly fell of my chair while eating. They are absolutely up to their necks in financial terrorism. I highly recommend searching on Google "nicholas wilson hsbc" that exposes the depth of them. Its incredible.

Im honestly getting more dejected every day with the layers and layers of these people by how obscene and corrupt it all is while no one really cares other than us little guys having to maneuver through the system which forces us to stack gold or silver to hedge against the acts of global gangsterism. 

5 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Im honestly getting more dejected every day with the layers and layers of these people by how obscene and corrupt it all is while no one really cares other than us little guys having to maneuver through the system which forces us to stack gold or silver to hedge against the acts of global gangsterism. 

YET! 😉 👍

Keep chin up and realise - that we are the -  "PREPARED" and are not, right now, being led as "sheeple" to the slaughter - By owning some of the good stuff - we are AHEAD of the NEXT STAGE of the CURVE!

I get your downer!

I too, feel extremely worried, for those that are less well prepared or less financially astute/educated 

I have tried (quietly and gently) over the last 6/7 years to "educate" some that I really care for -

to bet regularly with the response - "Don't be daft -That will NEVER HAPPEN!" 😲

And we are WHERE!? NOW! 🙄

As I have oft said - "Bert wert duz aye NO!?"

IMHO!

Three strikes and you're out. 1st strike 2007/2008 financial crisis and physical metal not available. 2nd Strike 2020 Covid-19 same situation physical metal no longer available to purchase unless willing to pay heavy premiums. I do believe in a couple of months the world economy will restart we will have stagflation and paper price of the metals and physical will align and we will have one more opportunity to convert fiat into Gold to preserve purchasing power for decades to come. The next crisis after Covid-19 is the third and final strike and it is game over time for global reset for all fiat currencies.

2 hours ago, 5huggy said:

I'm curious why the "elites" controling London would need to ship somewhere else?

27 minutes ago, Martlet said:

I'm curious why the "elites" controling London would need to ship somewhere else?

Cos they would be FIRST in the FIRING line as they are primarily the one's that got US where we are! 🙄

Try running with 20 kilo's of gold in a rucksack - much easier to follow it to a little quiet place 🤫

And the one's with none - would bay for blood!

IMHO

1 hour ago, 5huggy said:

I have tried (quietly and gently) over the last 6/7 years to "educate" some that I really care for -

to bet regularly with the response - "Don't be daft -That will NEVER HAPPEN!" 😲

I feel your pain and can relate to these experiences in every single way. As @sixgun would name these people as "zombies" which is a correct representation of the thinking these people possess but "slavery" is more accurate imo (my way to describe them, lol).

They arent interested and thats the honest truth as you stated - instead its 100% laser focused on trivial and highly irrational things like social media, netflix and highly consumed entertainment. And you know what? The very same people who arent interested in waking up moan about prices. You couldnt make it up! Its unbelievable!

4 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

I feel your pain and can relate to these experiences in every single way. As @sixgun would name these people as "zombies" which is a correct representation of the thinking these people possess but "slavery" is more accurate imo (my way to describe them, lol).

They arent interested and thats the honest truth as you stated - instead its 100% laser focused on trivial and highly irrational things like social media, netflix and highly consumed entertainment. And you know what? The very same people who arent interested in waking up moan about prices. You couldnt make it up! Its unbelievable!

BANG on! - saved me typing  cheers buddy! 👍 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG7KHglCI9Q&feature=em-uploademail

Economic Shockwaves: How the Coronavirus is Impacting our Future Mar 31, 2020

Very worthwhile video above but the last three minutes of the YouTube Video very profound words of wisdom.

"Winston Churchill you can always count on the Americans doing the right thing after they have exhausted all other possibilities"

Edited by Abyss

4 minutes ago, cinereus said:

despite everything all those "zombies" are still using their fiat exactly the same as they always have?

FOR NOW! 😉

i will admit - J.keynes was right on a few things especially this! - - > > 

As Keynes said in the 1930s: “Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.” ... You can be right that a market or sector is overvalued but wrong on the timing. That's essentially what economist John Maynard Keynes meant when he said, “The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.”

2 minutes ago, cinereus said:

What about the counterargument that goldbugs have been banging on about this since the 90s (and probably before) and despite everything all those "zombies" are still using their fiat exactly the same as they always have?

Zombie is as zombie does.
There was no alternative - alternatives are starting to appear.
People can do as they like - i have given up trying to convince NPC's and other assorted unconvincables - it drains my energy and wastes my time. 
People need to do the best from themselves - period.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, 5huggy said:

FOR NOW! 😉

i will admit - J.keynes was right on a few things especially this! - - > > 

As Keynes said in the 1930s: “Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.” ... You can be right that a market or sector is overvalued but wrong on the timing. That's essentially what economist John Maynard Keynes meant when he said, “The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.”

plus when all the governments, central banks, bankers et al are all striving to keep the irrationality going, the markets can stay irrational a bloody long time!

Edited by sovereignsteve

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 hours ago, cinereus said:

The issue is when I try to bring up topics with people they're not so much "three strikes" as "boy who cried wolf". Fiat showing no realistic sign of dying even with the biggest crisis since WWII. People saying "even a broken clock is right twice a day".

Why do you care?
Stack precious metal - make sure you have stores of food and access to water which you can ensure is clean. Build up a network of like minded people. Develop skills and knowledge which would be needed come a reset. All the usual prepper things. It will do no harm - you will have gold/silver - you will have food - you will have access to clean water - etc etc - you will have useful skills. Win-win chicken dinner.

That's it. 

What is this biggest crisis? Look at the deaths - we can argue all day about cause of death but a death is a death and there aren't increased numbers of death from all causes. Death rates are lower in most countries. So what crisis?

i understand many people are frightened - you are meant to be - but no more people than any other year are dying. There will be lots of people dead in their homes - people committing suicide, mothers' at the end of their wits who have poisoned their children, men who have flipped and killed their families. People who had a fall, died of a heart attack, had a stroke and so on. People aren't visiting each other - many are isolated. The system is dividing us.

http://www.euromomo.eu/outputs/zscore_country65.html

Stay strong - carry on stacking and ignore the goats bleating. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 minutes ago, cinereus said:

I care because I'm not sure if I want to drink the Kool-Aid any more. Maybe the zombies are right, they have a 100% record so far compared to our solid 0.

They have a 100% record - you are right - fantastic record.
In 1931 1 gold sovereign = £1 -
A few weeks ago 1 gold sovereign = £330
These days 1 gold sovereign = Out of Stock.

But to be fair fiat is dying - i pointed out the figures - look at how the purchasing power of the fiat has fallen. Why compare the value of a share of a company with gold? We aren't comparing the value of a company. What about all the companies that went bust? What about the companies that will go bust? Should we compare them with gold as an indicator of the purchasing power of fiat?

Why are you talking about the collapse of society? - i thought you were comparing the gold with fiat. The purpose of saving in gold is that it preserves purchasing power over the longer term. It doesn't guarantee the collapse of society. 

15 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Bread and circuses.

Back on thread, gold still holding up alright.

Edited by Oldun

18 hours ago, cinereus said:

What about the counterargument that goldbugs have been banging on about this since the 90s (and probably before) and despite everything all those "zombies" are still using their fiat exactly the same as they always have?

I dont understand your point? From what im interpreting from your post is that when you observe the zombies/slaves there actions are correct when they are determined to destroy themselves. Let me extrapolate on that point - the middle class of the west is being priced out its standard of living and making no room for individuals in that to class climb the wealth ladder, instead its heading back into working class conditions due to the absence of manufacturing and mining. Where is the production and mining in the UK? Nearly all of it is gone. Instead the fiat masters corrupted the UK government into crediting other nations to import goods and services leaving generations (like myself) helpless and forced into a services economy which does not benefit me. I have to order goods from China as a result. Make no mistake about it I dont hate China for it, they have done the right economic practice by taking the right steps on protecting their own interests which sees China have a monster trading balance, so great it makes the West look like a picnic. And you know what people here resort to? vilifying hate towards China and Russia for example because the BBC has conditioned them into steering the problem away from special interest groups like the central bankers. I see this on here every single day, even on the topic of Scottish Independence when Scotland has Oil in the North Sea. The Banks have supported liberals and the neocons to do there dirty work leaving traditionalist working and middle class to waste forcing us to use their mechanisms. So what am I supposed to do? Not invest into hard assets and just work for fiat like a slave and moan about prices? Is that seriously what you think its the right idea? Like I stated its clear that many are determined to destroy themselves.

EDIT: Sorry if this is off-topic as its a late reply.

Where is the Gold price on the forum?

Edited by Minimalist
Expanding

1 hour ago, Minimalist said:

Where is the Gold price on the forum?

At the top of every page.

Just now, Minimalist said:

It wasnt showing for me when I logged in for some reason (therefore I logged out and signed back in) - it kept showing 0.000 on all the metals

You have second sight - the paper markets have been closed and gone to zero.
i would look in another browser or clear your cache - that might sort it.