• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

I am feeling very happy with my recent 1oz Britannia gold pick up when spot was £948/oz 

#feelingabitsmug

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

18 hours ago, Gradius said:

So what does a gold breakout mean for someone that's about to start investing in gold? Hold out on buying until it drops?

What does it mean for people that are heavily invested in gold, start selling?

Don't let short term price fluctuations change your big-picture view.

If gold was undervalued last week then it is still undervalued this week, no matter what the price may have done.

The worst thing you can do is to agonise over every price movement, holding off in the hope that the price dips, then buying then getting angry that it keeps falling, then holding off and being too afraid to buy more because it is still falling, then cursing because it is going up and you didn't pull the trigger, etc etc.

You see how this works? 

Markets are mechanisms that do a wonderful job of transferring wealth from the impatient to the patient. Have an accumulation strategy so that you aren't put off by short term fluctuations, then go and execute it. 

Well I see that Gold managed to reach the £1,000 mark earlier today before dropping back (a bit).

Do you think this trend will continue? I hope not - waiting until pay day before I get my next sovereign!

Wanted: 2006 1oz and 1/4 oz Gold Year of the Dog coins from the Perth Mint

43 minutes ago, Rat said:

Well I see that Gold managed to reach the £1,000 mark earlier today before dropping back (a bit).

Do you think this trend will continue? I hope not - waiting until pay day before I get my next sovereign!

Twice before this year price got to the $1310 level [a bit north of £1000] and then got sent down. Likely there will be short futures contract stops above there so it will be defended. Get through this level this triggers these stops and price will push higher. 

The BullionCoin gold and silver backed cryptocurrency had its soft launch this week but the Allocated Bullion Exchange which had been the main driver for the coins pulled out. There were said to be significant physical orders in the wings with this crypto - like 250 tonnes gold. Dropping this size of order into the market would cause price to rise dramatically. Not clear what is going to happen now. The crypto may still be hard launched and in the run up to this there would be physical buys. i think one way or another the direction of the market will resolve in the next few couple of weeks. We are heading into the gold season in September and India has been  very active buying this year - expected 750 tonnes not counting a likely 250 tonnes smuggled. 

https://in.reuters.com/article/india-gold-imports-idINKBN1AT053

A couple of weeks earlier the Reuters had said gold imports in India were falling. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/india-gold-imports-idUSL4N1KP1VI

This was using information from the World Gold Council which as i see it is just a mouthpiece of the criminal gold rigging cartel. 

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On Friday Aug 25 2017 an attempt was made to drive the price of gold down by selling 21,000 contracts on NY Comex in the space of a few minutes. A contract is 100 ozt of gold, so this amounts to over 2 million ounces, or over $2.5 billion worth of gold. This is actually not uncommon, particularly on Fridays, but this time it didn't work. The price bounced straight back. Look at the green lines on the charts below. This seems to me quite positive. In recent years when gold was knocked down it stayed down, but now it is proving resilient. This may well be an indicator that serious amounts of buyers are starting to move back into gold and are keen to buy the dips.

gold-2017-08-25.jpg.51c23c63fba546356426ee26662c8cc1.jpg

http://kingworldnews.com/andrew-maguire-remarkable-audio-interview-now-released-but-take-a-quick-look-at-this/

There has been a split in the cartel with certain entities going long. Interesting to hear in the interview how Goldmans and other entities are going long gold and getting close to China.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, Scuzzle said:

This Korean missile scare story should help.

I wonder what "appropriate steps" Japan will take. When I got the news alert about it, I checked PM charts. Sure enough, both up. Could just be correlation.

Edited by Jay2

I doubt the Korean crisis is all that significant. Donald Trump and Kim Jong-Un are feeling insecure and are playing to their respective home audiences by talking up the issue, but it is in neither of their interests to do anything but talk. I think it is more likely to be a combination of some major investment companies switching to a long position because of fears of a recession, and the start of seasonal buying, Sept-Oct and Jan-Feb being usually strong for gold demand.

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

Is anyone taking any fiat profits from the past weeks increase ?

Moved my stops up on my GDX positions but I have learnt to not try to second guess the market and let the profits run.. there could be a hell of a lot of upside in this move. 

Strong follow through today is very good sign.

Edited by vand

It is rarely a bad idea to cost average yourself in by buying small tranches, even after a rise in price. The price could go much further up from here and you might miss out. There was a further attempt at a smash down in price yesterday (Aug 29), probably because this is the expiry date for futures contracts and some market participants wanted a lower price to get their positions into the money. After an $18 fall, the price seems to be recovering again. If the price holds above £1310 for a few more days, the momentum traders may switch to a long position and drive the price much higher - maybe up to £1350 or more.

It is rarely a bad idea to cost average yourself in by buying small tranches, even after a rise in price. The price could go much further up from here and you might miss out. There was a further attempt at a smash down in price yesterday (Aug 29), probably because this is the expiry date for futures contracts and some market participants wanted a lower price to get their positions into the money. After an $18 fall, the price seems to be recovering again. If the price holds above £1310 for a few more days, the momentum traders may switch to a long position and drive the price much higher - maybe up to £1350 or more.

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

Do folks think the price spike when markets reopen shortly due to the carry on in N Korea.

I think it's a strong possibility. Every time the wee fella tests his toys the market jumps a bit. 

Wanted: 2006 1oz and 1/4 oz Gold Year of the Dog coins from the Perth Mint

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

Do folks think the price spike when markets reopen shortly due to the carry on in N Korea.

It will certainly go higher due to Kim 'Wrong Un' playing with fire.