• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

I’m always wrong about short term gold price. Always!

However, I am going to stick my neck out and say that I think that we are going to see more strong upside this coming week.  War is driving sentiment but just look at the inflationary pressures that are now becoming evident: Energy, Wheat etc

Not my circus, not my monkeys

51 minutes ago, dicker said:

I’m always wrong about short term gold price. Always!

However, I am going to stick my neck out and say that I think that we are going to see more strong upside this coming week.  War is driving sentiment but just look at the inflationary pressures that are now becoming evident: Energy, Wheat etc

So will it be a tug-of-war between inflation and rising interest rates? I would not be happy in any way if the rise in price depends upon the tragedy of the Ukraine.

1 hour ago, RDHC said:

So will it be a tug-of-war between inflation and rising interest rates? I would not be happy in any way if the rise in price depends upon the tragedy of the Ukraine.

Don't worry about it.

The Russians are petrified everytime they hear a farmer in a tractor 😉

Edited by NewCoins

Some may not watch Kitco, but I like listening to E.B. Tucker when he's on.  He thinks gold is going to go higher.  Says that "gold isn't in the headlines", which is interesting, premiums are significantly higher when buying physical gold.

Another interesting video from Ray Dalio, "changing world order" and how that relates to what's going on in the world today.  Just under 44 minutes long, but do recommend watching.

3 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

I know its a joke but that is why everyone offers different advice. If you are 60 odd you aren't waiting 30 years to realise the investment. However, if you are 20 not a problem generally. 

60 is the new 20 🤞 

Yes you are spot on about advice being different for everyone 👍

5 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

60 is the new 20 🤞 

Thats what the billioniare hugh heffner said mind you its literal when you been bumming chicks at his age!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 hours ago, SidS said:

I'm thinking about the price in 2201, I'll be quids in by then. Only one small problem though... 😁

What do you think the spot price for a sovereign will be in 2201 ?

179 years from now 🙄 

10 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

What do you think the spot price for a sovereign will be in 2201 ?

179 years from now 🙄 

I wont care as I will pushing up the daises!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 minutes ago, stefffana said:

We cant predict the gold spot for one week.😊

Some can......:P

5 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Tell me, Grandmaster, the gold price for next Friday, please...!

3p

Just now, James32 said:

Pennies or pence?

Pee!

Just now, James32 said:

Just went thanks

I will have 3 of them when the price goes up... hence 3 pee

Taking a bit of a contrarian position, if Russia starts to unload some of its gold reserves, as its sovereign wealth fund has been seized by the west, this could depress the price somewhat, perhaps, maybe. Not sure what effect a few tons of bullion would do to the price, but as they say, buy the dips.

Edited by Airhead
more letters

13 minutes ago, Airhead said:

Taking a bit of a contrarian position, if Russia starts to unload some of its gold reserves, as its sovereign wealth fund has been seized by the west, this could depress the price somewhat, perhaps, maybe. Not sure what effect a few tons of bullion would do to the price, but as they say, buy the dips.

Where they going to sell it? If they managed to the first you would know is that it had been done, no market dip, probably not know who got it, but probably china.

2 minutes ago, Petra said:

Where they going to sell it? If they managed to the first you would know is that it had been done, no market dip, probably not know who got it, but probably china.

Dubai or Shanghai as London and New York are closed to Ivan at this time. Gordon Brown sold half our reserves and the price dipped, although he did tell everyone before the event.