• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

21 minutes ago, Paul said:

Certainly!

51. The increasing acceptance of digital currencies as a store of value may reduce the demand for physical gold, impacting its price negatively.

52. Changes in consumer behavior, such as a shift towards minimalism and experiences over material possessions, may reduce the demand for luxury items like gold jewelry, affecting its price dynamics.

53. Advances in material science may lead to the development of alternative materials that mimic the properties of gold, reducing its appeal and impacting its price.

54. The proliferation of counterfeit gold products in the market may undermine investor confidence and lead to a reevaluation of its true value, potentially impacting its price negatively.

55. The increasing availability of gold recycling and reuse may alleviate supply constraints and reduce the need for such high prices.

56. Changes in government regulations related to gold ownership and trading may affect the demand for gold and its price dynamics.

57. The rise of decentralized finance (DeFi) platforms may provide investors with alternative ways to gain exposure to gold without the need for physical ownership, affecting its price dynamics.

58. The integration of blockchain technology in supply chain management may improve transparency and traceability in the gold market, reducing the risk of fraud and price manipulation.

59. The increasing popularity of sustainable investing may lead investors to favor assets with positive environmental and social impacts over traditional stores of value like gold, affecting its price dynamics.

60. Changes in consumer preferences towards ethically sourced and conflict-free products may reduce the demand for gold with questionable origins, impacting its price negatively.

61. The emergence of new investment opportunities, such as impact investing and social enterprises, may divert capital away from traditional assets like gold, affecting its price dynamics.

62. Changes in demographics, such as an aging population, may lead to shifts in consumer spending habits away from luxury goods like gold jewelry, impacting its price negatively.

63. Advances in fintech may lead to the development of innovative financial products that compete with gold as a store of value, affecting its price dynamics.

64. The integration of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms in trading may lead to more efficient price discovery in the gold market, reducing speculative trading and price volatility.

65. Changes in global trade dynamics and supply chain disruptions may affect the demand for gold and its price dynamics.

66. The increasing adoption of renewable energy sources may reduce the demand for gold in industrial applications, impacting its price negatively.

67. Changes in geopolitical alliances and international relations may affect the demand for gold as a safe haven asset, impacting its price dynamics.

68. The integration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors into investment decisions may lead investors to favor assets with lower environmental impacts over gold, affecting its price.

69. The rise of conscious consumerism may lead to greater scrutiny of the environmental and social impacts of gold mining, impacting its price dynamics.

70. Changes in consumer preferences towards experiences over material possessions may reduce the demand for luxury items like gold jewelry, impacting its price negatively.

71. The increasing popularity of digital assets and cryptocurrencies may divert investment away from physical assets like gold, impacting its price dynamics.

72. Changes in global economic conditions, such as trade tensions and currency fluctuations, may affect the demand for gold as a hedge against economic uncertainty, impacting its price dynamics.

73. Advances in technology, such as 3D printing, may lead to the development of alternative materials that compete with gold in industrial applications, affecting its price dynamics.

74. The increasing use of gold-backed stablecoins may provide investors with alternative ways to gain exposure to gold without the need for physical ownership, affecting its price dynamics.

75. Changes in consumer lifestyles, such as a focus on sustainability and minimalism, may reduce the demand for luxury goods like gold jewelry, impacting its price negatively.

76. The integration of blockchain technology in the gold market may improve transparency and efficiency, reducing the risk of fraud and price manipulation.

77. Changes in government policies related to taxation and monetary policy may affect the demand for gold and its price dynamics.

78. The increasing adoption of digital payments and mobile wallets may reduce the demand for physical gold as a medium of exchange, impacting its price dynamics.

79. Changes in consumer sentiment and confidence may affect the demand for gold as a safe haven asset, impacting its price dynamics.

80. The increasing popularity of ethical investing may lead investors to favor assets with positive social and environmental impacts over traditional stores of value like gold, affecting its price dynamics.

81. Changes in consumer preferences towards sustainable and eco-friendly products may reduce the demand for gold with questionable environmental and social impacts, impacting its price negatively.

82. The increasing awareness of environmental issues related to gold mining may lead consumers to seek alternative materials for jewelry and other luxury goods, impacting its price dynamics.

83. Changes in monetary policy, such as interest rate hikes or quantitative easing measures, may affect the demand for gold as a hedge against inflation, impacting its price dynamics.

84. The increasing integration of blockchain technology in supply chain management may improve transparency and traceability in the gold market, reducing the risk of fraud and price manipulation.

85. Changes in global supply chain dynamics, such as disruptions in mining operations or transportation, may affect the supply of gold and its price dynamics.

86. Advances in material science may lead to the development of alternative materials that mimic the properties of gold, reducing its appeal and impacting its price.

87. Changes in government regulations related to gold ownership and trading may affect the demand for gold and its price dynamics.

88. The rise of decentralized finance (DeFi) platforms may provide investors with alternative ways to gain exposure to gold without the need for physical ownership, affecting its price dynamics.

89. The integration of blockchain technology in supply chain management may improve transparency and traceability in the gold market, reducing the risk of fraud and price manipulation.

90. The increasing popularity of sustainable investing may lead investors to favor assets with positive environmental and social impacts over traditional stores of value like gold, affecting its price dynamics.

91. Changes in consumer preferences towards ethically sourced and conflict-free products may reduce the demand for gold with questionable origins, impacting its price negatively.

92. The emergence of new investment opportunities, such as impact investing and social enterprises, may divert capital away from traditional assets like gold, affecting its price dynamics.

93. Changes in demographics, such as an aging population, may lead to shifts in consumer spending habits away from luxury goods like gold jewelry, impacting its price negatively.

94. Advances in fintech may lead to the development of innovative financial products that compete with gold as a store of value, affecting its price dynamics.

95. The integration of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms in trading may lead to more efficient price discovery in the gold market, reducing speculative trading and price volatility.

96. Changes in global trade dynamics and supply chain disruptions may affect the demand for gold and its price dynamics.

97. The increasing adoption of renewable energy sources may reduce the demand for gold in industrial applications, impacting its price negatively.

98. Changes in geopolitical alliances and international relations may affect the demand for gold as a safe haven asset, impacting its price dynamics.

99. The integration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors into investment decisions may lead investors to favor assets with lower environmental impacts over gold, affecting its price.

100. The rise of conscious consumerism may lead to greater scrutiny of the environmental and social impacts of gold mining, impacting its price dynamics.

101. Changes in consumer preferences towards experiences over material possessions may reduce the demand for luxury items like gold jewelry, impacting its price negatively.

In other words, sell now?

For the year

Gold Price Chart 1 Year

UK GBP Per Ounce Current Price £1,724.74

Year Change +7.47% / £+119.94

Year high £1,724.74

Year low £1,484.29

For last three years, we are now +37.88%

7 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Recently I was deleting some old photos from my phone to free up space and I found this from 2018.

Its a screenshot from Hattons website 25/6/2018.

I’ll leave this here to show how far gold has gone since then.

Anyone want a ‘best value sovereign’ for £233.07?’ 😬

B88DE31B-D450-49E9-8B4F-FD2F88B16B82.jpeg

in two-three years a half sovereign will be close to 300 and most people will forget about 1 oz coins as will be out of reach

Best investment advice: Every time gold goes to zero you should buy more.

Second best investment advice: Buy some high ranking politicians,  few intelligence officers and at least one general.

15 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Heading to £400 a gram!!!

My gold Una will be worth £24,800 at melt/spot if that day ever comes

I'll be away to Cash Convertors quicker than a bishop from a brothel raid 

1 minute ago, m3rlin said:

in two-three years a half sovereign will be close to 300 and most people will forget about 1 oz coins as will be out of reach

1/40s becomes the new 1/20

A 1/20 becomes the new 1/10

1/10 becomes the new 1/4

The 1/4 becomes the new 1/2

1/2 becomes the new Oz 

The Gold never changed, the fiat currency that buys it is dieing 

6 minutes ago, m3rlin said:

I know how they feel. I cannot buy 15 kilos of gold anymore ... too expensive for me ... going down to 5 kilos ... bummer ...

1 minute ago, Paul said:

The Gold never changed, the fiat currency that buys it is dieing 

Exactly, as someone smarter than me was saying: "The price of gold never change. It always sells for one ounce of gold. The prices of various currencies in terms of an ounce of gold change quit a lot."

Best investment advice: Every time gold goes to zero you should buy more.

Second best investment advice: Buy some high ranking politicians,  few intelligence officers and at least one general.

5 minutes ago, m3rlin said:

Exactly, as someone smarter than me was saying: "The price of gold never change. It always sells for one ounce of gold. The prices of various currencies in terms of an ounce of gold change quit a lot."

Absolutely, the increase in the gold price is actually the devaluation of FIAT. Hence why gold and silver are manipulated the way they are. If true price discovery were to be allowed, all banksters and politicians around the planet would be rounded up and locked away as the general population would see how worthless FIAT really is

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

I’m confused ( no surprise “ so gold has gone up say 15 % in the last 2 years ( ish maybe) but everything else has gone up more , cans of soup , cars , paint pencils, etc , isn’t it just price rises like everything else , surely the only half decent profit , or gains  to be made is if you bought say , 10 years ago , so is the idea of buying gold  is for many years down the line ????  I’m still struggling to work out  if you buy a ounce for x amount of pounds , then wait a year  you might only make £50 , feel free to educate me ??? Or give me a bollocking, ???? Kind regards Ashley 

2 minutes ago, treetop1280 said:

I’m confused ( no surprise “ so gold has gone up say 15 % in the last 2 years ( ish maybe) but everything else has gone up more , cans of soup , cars , paint pencils, etc , isn’t it just price rises like everything else , surely the only half decent profit , or gains  to be made is if you bought say , 10 years ago , so is the idea of buying gold  is for many years down the line ????  I’m still struggling to work out  if you buy an ounce for x amount of pounds , then wait a year  you might only make £50 , feel free to educate me ??? Or give me a bollocking, ???? Kind regards Ashley 

Gold purchases can be for a number of reasons,  including and in no particular order , savings outside bank or other scrutiny and control, benefits arising from capital gains tax exemption and if bullion ease of liquidity, an interesting pastime where you can meet like minded individuals and in some instances take a major dislike too, the opportunity to lose money on RM proof issues that are becoming daily and general collecting amusement 

am sure more sensible reasons exist  but there’s a couple for you 

104. Take a dump in James32's solid gold toilet and that might affect gold too.

Seriously though, I don't know about you guys but when someone says I 'HAVE' to do something or 'MUST NOT' do something, I will always question it.

I guess I wouldn't be a good candidate for being brainwashed by a cult.

They'd get "why-ed" to death.

If the media are telling you not to do something, ask yourself, who benefits?

Edited by SidS

23 minutes ago, treetop1280 said:

I’m confused ( no surprise “ so gold has gone up say 15 % in the last 2 years ( ish maybe) but everything else has gone up more , cans of soup , cars , paint pencils, etc , isn’t it just price rises like everything else , surely the only half decent profit , or gains  to be made is if you bought say , 10 years ago , so is the idea of buying gold  is for many years down the line ????  I’m still struggling to work out  if you buy an ounce for x amount of pounds , then wait a year  you might only make £50 , feel free to educate me ??? Or give me a bollocking, ???? Kind regards Ashley 

That’s about the sum of it. For me there are two key benefits. I plan to hold long term and expect the gold price to inflate more quickly over the years ahead, thus making a little extra on the side (it will also hopefully offset any coming losses on my S&S ISA). Secondly, rather than an investment, it stores value. If I buy an ounce at £1700 today and say that buys me 340 pints at the pub, in 1/2/5/10 years time etc, that should still hopefully buy me 340 pints at the pub vs cash in the bank that will then buy me significantly fewer. Gold will remain highly liquid when cashing in vs maybe a more subdued market for out of date tins of beans/coffee etc

43 minutes ago, treetop1280 said:

I’m confused ( no surprise “ so gold has gone up say 15 % in the last 2 years ( ish maybe) but everything else has gone up more , cans of soup , cars , paint pencils, etc , isn’t it just price rises like everything else , surely the only half decent profit , or gains  to be made is if you bought say , 10 years ago , so is the idea of buying gold  is for many years down the line ????  I’m still struggling to work out  if you buy a ounce for x amount of pounds , then wait a year  you might only make £50 , feel free to educate me ??? Or give me a bollocking, ???? Kind regards Ashley 

As @Gruff states above, the increasing price of gold is better considered from the viewpoint of devalueing fiat. This is really the only way to look at it in fact.  Your "money" is intrinsically worthless and only given a value by official decree (or FIAT).  As soon as you start looking at it from the perspective of gold and other real commodities value remaining as a constant and all of the paper and 'numbers on a computer screen' currencies around it becoming more worthless, you will come to understand. There are of course elements of fakery, bankers shenanigans, and price gouging to be taken into account when considering the rising prices of tins of soup and beans etc.

Edited by flyingveepixie

51 minutes ago, m3rlin said:

100%. It’s why I’ve been buying half and quarter sovs far more regularly of late. Think there will be an even stronger secondary market for them in the future