• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

14 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

So I finally got it right. I was hoping for 1705 at closing but we had quite the entertaining few hours this evening! 😁

There are many possibilities but in my opinion I don't think many are buying at present. March is bonus month for a lot of people. It'll be interesting to see if the gold price sustains 1700 at the end of the month.

KING ARTHUR COINS? Da fuq! I dislike that coin with a passion. I guess you were referring to the proof gold king arthur coins? Can't believe they were that popular...

Most expensive 1oz gold coin I purchased from a dealer during lockdown was £1,600 from Bleyer. It was one of the QB coins I was after.

If you are strictly referring to gold bullion 1oz coins your buddy ripped off the masses. 😂

I feel a slamdunk happening mid week next week. Going back to mid 1600 levels.

Not only bonus payment time but also HMRC tax refund season.  They take time to repay after Self Assessment. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 minute ago, Midasfrog said:

A tube of 25 mixed Sovereigns are cheaper today than they were a year ago 🍻

14/4/23 £10,128 and todays price £10,097 

Selling your gold stack and dumping it into crypto for the past year then buying back into gold would have been a good option 

BUT 

kermit-kermit-the-frog.gif

Premium with dealers and on forum were quite high, but i suppose when it hit highs then it was new territory.

4 hours ago, James32 said:

On a serious note, congratulations everyone ( both big and small stackers ) it's great to see, irrespective of where it goes next. Justification that we are on the right road at least.

What do you call a small and big stack, so I know which camp I'm in lol

1 hour ago, Midasfrog said:

A tube of 25 mixed Sovereigns are cheaper today than they were a year ago 🍻

14/4/23 £10,128 and todays price £10,097 

Selling your gold stack and dumping it into crypto for the past year then buying back into gold would have been a good option 

BUT 

kermit-kermit-the-frog.gif

I hope bitcoin crashes to £400

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

7 minutes ago, Smiler999 said:

James has a big stack

Everyone else has a small stack

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

15 minutes ago, Smiler999 said:

Any thing Stack over 3 inches tall is considered a big stack

Bitter sweet for me this price spike, had a double eagle on here 2.5% below spot, no interest. HGM paying that but hurts giving dealers the spread. With Bitcoin you can sell closer to spot at the touch of a button if you were that way inclined.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

4 hours ago, MrStacker said:

There are many possibilities but in my opinion I don't think many are buying at present. March is bonus month for a lot of people. It'll be interesting to see if the gold price sustains 1700 at the end of the month.

it could possibly be £1800 by the end of the month and £1700 would seem cheap

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

2 hours ago, Smiler999 said:

You know the saying, if you have to ask, then you are in the small stack camp

Never Chase and Never Regret 

13 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

@James32 bought 47 tonnes today, might have a little impact, no?

He'll be selling it next week, the market knows this so 🤷‍♂️

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 hour ago, ArgentSmith said:

Retail isn't driving the price trust me 🤣

Thats correct. People are waking up to the paper ( deriatives) market and know they will never take delivery of physical as pointed out here.

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.