• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold high spot price

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Here is a very interesting comparison for gold.

US $ vs UK £

Screenshot_20190730-195630.thumb.png.75d3ec71c970fb560bcb6690f6e69f4e.png

Screenshot_20190730-195555.thumb.png.805da9759dfbb1111640267021269cb5.png

As you can see the huge gains seen recently in UK £ are more about the value of our currency rather than a general rise in gold.

The pound just had a bad day, not a great way to make money.

Gold charts in terms USD very bullish looking at three legs up hitting $1540 and GBP/USD looking very weak looking at GBP/USD 1.1850. My guess t oz Gold will hit £1300.

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

Here yee here yee !

Gold down -£16.60 in 24 hours - Sell Sell Sell - we are going back to £700oz

We're all doooooooooooooooooooooooooomed !

end is nigh.jpg

We are still in a bull market :) This little dip should be used to acquire more gold :)

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

We are still in a bull market :) This little dip should be used to acquire more gold :)

Yeah i agree, think we'll keep growing slowly, as brexit causes £ to devalue further towards departure date later in year.

$1 = £1 incoming in future.  So no Micky Mouse land, MAGA hats or supersized In & Out Burger meals for me anytime soon :( 

Yes absolutely ageed vand. The drop last night was after the Fed lowered interest rates, which is interesting. I don't pretend to understand all the intricate market arguments involved in that, but this surely looks just like a case of buy the rumour, sell the news...I think it's just a temporary profit-taking or something. Outlook for gold remains bullish, especially if the American economy keeps on getting more and more indebted. And the scope for the Fed for cutting rates is becoming very narrow, rates are at historical lows. If the economy runs into trouble again the Fed doesn't have many tools left to stimulate it with in the future. The noose is tightening around the neck...

The question is, do the central banks want a higher record gold price, thereby exposing the true value of their fiat currencies (zero)? I stack but offloaded a small bit at £1150 couple weeks ago and waiting to see what happens at this level (curently £1160 this morning).

I would love to see record high prices, but part of me thinks the banking cartel will smash this down, thereby giving me an opporunity to buy more for less. However, we all know the market can behave like a woman scorned and I could come home from the party to find all my clothes have been thrown out of the bedroom window onto the front lawn in bin bags.

49 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Yes absolutely ageed vand. The drop last night was after the Fed lowered interest rates, which is interesting. I don't pretend to understand all the intricate market arguments involved in that, but this surely looks just like a case of buy the rumour, sell the news...I think it's just a temporary profit-taking or something. Outlook for gold remains bullish, especially if the American economy keeps on getting more and more indebted. And the scope for the Fed for cutting rates is becoming very narrow, rates are at historical lows. If the economy runs into trouble again the Fed doesn't have many tools left to stimulate it with in the future. The noose is tightening around the neck...

What was the point of the Fed's rate cut?  Share prices are down, gold is down... yet before it happened, most "financial experts" were saying a rate cut would boost share prices and push gold up!

I think the BoE Governor is speaking at lunchtime to explain the BoE's decision on UK interest rates.  I wonder if he will notice that the Pound has fallen (currently $1.2088)?  In the past, interest rates were increased to support the Pound.

2 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

What was the point of the Fed's rate cut?  Share prices are down, gold is down... yet before it happened, most "financial experts" were saying a rate cut would boost share prices and push gold up!

I think the BoE Governor is speaking at lunchtime to explain the BoE's decision on UK interest rates.  I wonder if he will notice that the Pound has fallen (currently $1.2088)?  In the past, interest rates were increased to support the Pound.

I also heard them say that a rate cut would boost gold prices... but seemingly not this time. Or perhaps a delayed reaction? What it could be, is that it was expected rates would be cut more than what they did... that is certainly what Trump is saying... he's complaining that the Fed didn't do enough... 

A cut in rates does not help gold; remember the first time the FED raised everyone said it would be bad for gold as it increased the opportunity cost of holding (and the logic in reverse was applied this time by the MSM) and that led to the spike in 2016. FED cutting rates will have the opposite effect.

24 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I also heard them say that a rate cut would boost gold prices... but seemingly not this time. Or perhaps a delayed reaction? What it could be, is that it was expected rates would be cut more than what they did... that is certainly what Trump is saying... he's complaining that the Fed didn't do enough... 

Yes, the market had priced in a 0.50% rate cut, the 0.25% cut caught out quite a few. 

The story I have heard is we should retest the former resistance that gold broke through recently as a support level, this will happen over the next couple of months, cheaper gold in the meantime as we reach that support level. Then we will see what happens, if it holds then I will join the rest of you in the bull camp. I reckon it will hold at the support but who knows, depends mainly on the actions of the Federal Reserve it seems. 

Archived