• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold high spot price

2 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Short term reversal likely, although a renewed, stronger uptrend is probably not far away. Could be time to load up on more gold! :)

As we are coming to the month end, I've seen it said that some traders may want to sell in order to realise their gains.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Short term reversal likely, although a renewed, stronger uptrend is probably not far away. Could be time to load up on more gold! :)

I'm expecting those who have taken profits

recently to not get an opportunity to reinvest

for weeks if not months.(if it happens this way)

those trading would be most interested in

possible reversals.

HH

4 hours ago, Zhorro said:

As we are coming to the month end, I've seen it said that some traders may want to sell in order to realise their gains.

you mean they don't know what they are doing and really they should be holding forever?😁

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

It seems the over 1425's pushed gold back down but haven't been able to get it under 1400, os it's going to be going back up..,there were three big sell offs overnight but enough buyers to keep it from free falling....I think a steady rise is now on the cards, woukd love to know who sold off gold when it was skyrocketing, that hedge fund manager will gave some big explaning to do.

14 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

woukd love to know who sold off gold when it was skyrocketing

Unlikely to find out either way who was buying or selling. On the exchange website see the volume of future contracts traded and time and sales tab view August future expiration and time when trades took place but cannot find out if these were new long/short positions or closing an existing position.

https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/metals/precious/gold_quotes_volume_voi.html#tradeDate=20190626

Can someone explain this flat line for almost one hour from about 10pm UK time on?

I know manipulation, gold price suppression but more concretely, how can the curve be completely flat for so long, it seems statistically this is more than unlikely given the many prongs the rest of the time and surely also if you look at trade volume, number of trades per time etc, this should be next to impossible.

image.png.5cc2836007e734be1b7ecc347b185141.png

12 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

Can someone explain this flat line for almost one hour from about 10pm UK time on?

that's from 5pm new york time, probably all the traders knock off and go for a cocktail. Sydney traders will clock around 11pm uk time or thereabouts

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

7 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

that's from 5pm new york time, probably all the traders knock off and go for a cocktail. Sydney traders will clock around 11pm uk time or thereabouts

It's the first time I have noticed this, should this not happen every day or at least every Thursday at the same time? But maybe I have just missed it, before

11 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

It's the first time I have noticed this, should this not happen every day or at least every Thursday at the same time? But maybe I have just missed it, before

it happens every trading day. even with the futures,

markets are not 24hrs.

HH

4 hours ago, KDave said:

Incredible how quickly gold has risen, I turn my back for a moment and bam £150 more an ounce. Whats up with silver? 

so far it looks to be a stronger move in gold.

(maybe similar to the beginning of the last

bull run starting ~2002, which was what I

suggested (on the gsr threads) could happen.

recent data suggesting this could be normal

behaviour for the part of the cycle that we are

in)

HH

On 28/06/2019 at 02:43, KDave said:

Incredible how quickly gold has risen, I turn my back for a moment and bam £150 more an ounce. Whats up with silver? 

It's like an elastic band, slow to start but does catch up...good thing too, gives you longer to stash before it does.

17 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Is this a hoax?

A hoax has to be credible to at least some people - that isn't credible to anyone on the silver forum.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 minute ago, Abyss said:

GBP/USD moved very little in price and Gold USD yesterday high price so gold down from 1133 to 946 wrong unless this different currency that @Spanishsilver using.

USD Gold $1422

GBP Gold £1129

What currency is that? Gold down from 1133 to 946 - i will not say more b/c it could be construed as insulting. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

41 minutes ago, Spanishsilver said:

Gold down from 1133 to 946   In half a day. 

I noted this earlier - I think the Kitco app is playing up, still has gold at £944 (-15.5%). Hasn’t moved in other currencies.

Archived