• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold high spot price

22 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

I noted this earlier - I think the Kitco app is playing up, still has gold at £944 (-15.5%). Hasn’t moved in other currencies.

Yes kitko app I must admit I didn’t check other sources my bad

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, sixgun said:

What currency is that? Gold down from 1133 to 946 - i will not say more b/c it could be construed as insulting. 

Think I jumped the gun on that one but the kitco app is my go to for price opened it up and couldn’t believe my eyes 

i turned on the news thinking something big must have happened lol

Check out the BullionVault app, Gold, Silver, Plat, $,£,€ and spread from 1 hour to 5 yr. Easy to use and more importantly for me easy to understand.NO ADS and free to download. 👍👍👍

I have no connection with BullionVault 😁

On 28/06/2019 at 02:43, KDave said:

Incredible how quickly gold has risen, I turn my back for a moment and bam £150 more an ounce. Whats up with silver? 

It's like an elastic band, slow to start but does catch up...good thing too, gives you longer to stash before it does.

Added 0 minutes later...

I use goldprice.org...it has quick updates and you can adjust the graphs easily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Either it will be a cheap winter for us when the extreme bounce back in the £ from these multi year lows while gold drops in USD, or Boris will get his way and we will be looking at a £ equivalent to the SA Rand, a once great currency devaluing 20% every 3 years. :)

We might be waiting a while for the USD high I reckon though. 

I repeat:

I repeat:

PEOPLE: Recalibrate your expectations. 6 years of low prices have conditioned you to expect ongoing low prices. When the market changes then you need to hold for the long term. Taking short term profits is how you miss out on the massive long term moves.

We are a whisker from setting new ATHs and yet some people are still not convinced that we're in a bull market.. LOL

Here is a very interesting comparison for gold.

US $ vs UK £

Screenshot_20190730-195630.thumb.png.75d3ec71c970fb560bcb6690f6e69f4e.png

Screenshot_20190730-195555.thumb.png.805da9759dfbb1111640267021269cb5.png

As you can see the huge gains seen recently in UK £ are more about the value of our currency rather than a general rise in gold.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Archived