• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

On 04/12/2023 at 23:28, Napo said:

Some cheap deals on EuropeanMint, including Ram Of Cavalry silver coins.

Shipping is a bit pricy, but work out ok I guess if buying a tube at least.

https://www.europeanmint.com/2023-1oz-ram-of-calvary-silver-coin/

However not sure about if import charges must be applied extra on top.

Yes when ordering silver from outside the UK you'll pay vat on top at arrival... So 20% on top I believe 

3 hours ago, dmcac said:

Yes when ordering silver from outside the UK you'll pay vat on top at arrival... So 20% on top I believe 

So these are prices excluding VAT?

I might have misunderstood. I thought VAT was applied on the shipping only, or on the custom charges.

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

Boots already brimming unfortunately ☹️

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 hours ago, Chronos said:

Unfortunately they don’t deliver to the UK. See this page: https://www-zittergies-be.translate.goog/fr/informatie/veel-gestelde-vragen/?_x_tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

However on the good note, there is a link to reference The Silver Forum! 🎉 

https://www.zittergies.be/fr/stacking-verzamelinglinks/

38 minutes ago, dvl said:

The usual trick of making you believe that it is not too expensive, but it is actually the price excluding VAT! 😅

Does anyone really care about the price before VAT?

23 minutes ago, Napo said:

The usual trick of making you believe that it is not too expensive, but it is actually the price excluding VAT! 😅

Does anyone really care about the price before VAT?

Really rips my knitting, leading with the ex VAT price, when 99.99% of buyers will be VAT liable private individuals.

When you go to Morrisons are the beans priced ex VAT, with the VAT added at the checkout? Of course not...

On that subject- also pricing something as 'from' with the price break if you're buying 500 of whatever, again most people don't buy 500 of anything!!!

7 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

On that subject- also pricing something as 'from' with the price break if you're buying 500 of whatever, again most people don't buy 500 of anything!!!

Omg this “starting from…” concept, I have never understood why anyone would do that regardless if it’s selling coins, precious metals, pens, enveloppes, or whatever product.

Not only it gives you a false sense of “it’s cheap”, but it also disappoints you so bad that you don’t want to look at any other products on the website anymore.

Like from a buyer psychology point of view, you should be incentivized more when you see the price going down when you buy more or larger quantity. Like at the supermarket, buying the 2L bottle of coke is cheaper per liter than a small can. Or buying the large box of mincepies, of roast potatoes, etc… Yes you have spend more in the end (which is good for the seller, here the supermarket), but you sort of got the sense that you saved on the unit price. 

God daim it, what is the reasoning behind this “starting from”?! I would never understand. If someone as links around the psychology motive behind this, I am very curious!

Aside of that, thank you @TheShinyStuff for offering me this wonderful opportunity of ranting moment! 😅

To conclude, see picture below 👇🏻 

IMG_2785.jpeg

Edited by Napo
Update image

The 'From Price' is a tough one, there isn't a great solution. No dealer wants to put the single unit price front and centre, as that will put off the big buyers, and ultimately the one or two customers a month ordering 500+ Sovereigns are more valuable to a dealer than someone that buys a single Sov here and there.

32 minutes ago, boyle838 said:

https://www.chards.co.uk/1-oz-silver-bar-johnson-matthey-taxable/19302

I’ve never used Chards before, does anyone know if the above is likely to be restocked? Or does anyone know any other supplier selling these at a similar price? Thanks in advance 

@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer @LawrenceChard

1 hour ago, boyle838 said:

https://www.chards.co.uk/1-oz-silver-bar-johnson-matthey-taxable/19302

I’ve never used Chards before, does anyone know if the above is likely to be restocked? Or does anyone know any other supplier selling these at a similar price? Thanks in advance 

In stock when I clicked on link?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024