• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

49 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

.I'm 95%...I got those expensive ones first...now only 2013, 2018 regular and 2019 regular.

Good going. Last expensive one I need is 1997. The rest are from 03-08 ish I think.

I also have a date run of Pandas. 

55 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

What you missing? Might have a bead on a few ;) 

A 1997 and some in the 00's I think. Im not actively searching, just when they pop up 🙂

7 hours ago, tallthinkev said:

Where do you think they came from?

Thought they were from @ilovesilverireallydo but I was wrong I know he had some really nice ones 

Only thing about the junk silver it's very addictive and then it develops into getting date runs etc

On the upside its priced well and saving them from the melt pot

23 hours ago, Caratacus said:

Wow! some of these look very good; miles better than the few worn out tats I have.

Should we call these constitutional currency or Imperial currency??   I recently watched a US youtube prepa chat about the flexibility of holding dimes for trading as they were recognisable; but I don't know if the 50% tanners/bob/half crowns would have the same flexibility if we have a currency failure. Any "wise" collector have an answer?

Can't call it constitutional, the UK hasn't got one! But how about Imperial Silver?

2 hours ago, tallthinkev said:

Can't call it constitutional, the UK hasn't got one! But how about Imperial Silver?

I think "Imperial Silver" has a quality feel about it... although those Cromwellian Crowns collectors might prefer "Revolutionary Currency" ?

Perhaps the "Forum" has a view.......

21 minutes ago, Xander said:

I sometimes wonder, If it could talk, what stories it would tell. 

That's what I think about my roman coins from England, or my hammered silver coins from Henry 8th or Elizabeth the first, that even if they were sat in a draw, the whole country was in uproar and lives were being destroyed or being vastly paid for being a friend to the empire....villages burying their money in single pots, traders burying their worldly wealth incase they are set upon while in town, so many things could happen.

4 hours ago, Murph said:

2000 years old?  The fanams?  I thought they were mostly a couple of hundred years old?

If you'd read a later comment you'd have seen that I admitted I made a mistake as they looked like celtic potin's I have which are over 2000 years old.

On 02/07/2019 at 13:32, DarkChameleon said:

my mistake, looks like stators.

I wonder if that is because they were influenced by the Graeco-Indian culture which still has an influence in what is now  North West India?  Just a thought...

(This was the Kingdom post Alexander and would include the Bactrian influence). Perhaps someone may collect  Bactrian coins and be able to comment??)

On 25/07/2019 at 11:58, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Finally completed my set of these Intaglio Greek  coin inspired 2 oz rounds. Thanks to @SilverStan

780F0A82-2069-41F6-87BD-03E6A252C901.jpeg

06AB3557-DA51-4172-BD84-46C6F5CE9966.jpeg

Who makes them?  

Are they intaglio rounds as your pics make them look like normal relief rounds?  Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks because that's what I expect to see.

I wish I had a real Akragas obol although I do like the Ephesus bees and Attic owls as well.

Edited by Murph

59 minutes ago, Murph said:

Who makes them?  

Are they intaglio rounds as your pics make them look like normal relief rounds?  Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks because that's what I expect to see.

I wish I had a real Akragas obol although I do like the Ephesus bees and Attic owls as well.

They are high relief cast rounds. By Intaglio Mint. No longer in production unfortunately. I have a spare akragas if you interested ;) 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

17 hours ago, Murph said:

SAme thing happened a couple of days or so later when someone grabbed the $10 indian head.

I know the feeling.

HGM have a $10 Dollar Liberty head in stock.