• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Just now, James32 said:

Would it fit 1oz coins ? 😆 

I dunno. It’s got holes for something.

19 Sovereigns and Aladeeeeens underneath to hide my shame.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

30 minutes ago, NGMD said:

Just thought I would post this from what I received from RM today because I was impressed.

It’s a velvety lined 19(?) coin insert in a rather nice box. What the description didn’t say is the size (wrote on old and new money) and the tray lifts for an extra compartment. There is a black liner cover on top of the coins (aka Perth Mint style) and tabs to lift the tray. It’s £49.99 and better quality than their Proof coins.

Like I said, nothing spectacular, but pleasing to the eye.

IMG_6456.jpeg

IMG_6457.jpeg

IMG_6458.jpeg

Bit big for the safe?😮🤔

18 minutes ago, Petra said:

Bit big for the safe?😮🤔

You could probably saw a bit off the side.😁

It’s not that big really and unless you have a really small safe/Safety Deposit Box then should be fine. That’s why I marked the size- especially for you.👍

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 hour ago, James32 said:

What will you use it for?

I'm going to go with storing coins in, just as a wild guess.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

1 hour ago, NGMD said:

Just thought I would post this from what I received from RM today because I was impressed.

Very nice box and insert! I think The Royal Mint is quite good at that tbh. Better than its pricing on some coins + using the motto « the original maker » to justify huge premiums 😅

However, I talked to them recently and they also do bespoke Coin cabinets on demand, but it takes around 6 month to manufacture them by hand.

Despite that, they have some nice coin cabinets for sale already in their website. Not very talked and promoted much unfortunately.

https://www.royalmint.com/shop/coin-care-and-display/coin-cabinets/

39 minutes ago, NGMD said:

You could probably saw a bit off the side.😁

It’s not that big really and unless you have a really small safe/Safety Deposit Box then should be fine. That’s why I marked the size- especially for you.👍

Too big!🤔 only things in my safe that are in anything that could be described as a display case are the two or three silver Britannia proof sets!🤔🫢

15 hours ago, NGMD said:

It’s a velvety lined 19(?) coin insert in a rather nice box. What the description didn’t say is the size (wrote on old and new money) and the tray lifts for an extra compartment. There is a black liner cover on top of the coins (aka Perth Mint style) and tabs to lift the tray. It’s £49.99 and better quality than their Proof coins.

Like I said, nothing spectacular, but pleasing to the eye.

IMG_6456.jpeg

IMG_6457.jpeg

IMG_6458.jpeg

Needs the mandatory biro next to it .. 😉