• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

12 minutes ago, mongo28 said:

Hmmm not sure why I can see it and so can Chewy and you cant...

Did you use Tapatalk?

If you did then that will be the reason.  With Tapatalk you have to use the "attachment" option rather than the "photo" option when adding pics.  Using attachment means the pics are hosted on the silver forum whereas using the photo option hosts it on Tapatalk and there seems to be an issue when viewing photos hosted on Tapatalk.  I believe this is being looked into by Tapatalk.

1 hour ago, MerlinAurelius said:

Just got these yesterday.  
Bought directly from a coin shop in Japan in Japanese.
こちらにも誰か日本語が話せる方居ますか?
Small gold and silver bars directly from Japan, the money during the samurai era of Japan.

Very happy with the quality and packaging.  

From several different eras, Ansei, Meiji, etc.
All from around 1850.  More than 100 years old.  

20170331_181927.jpg

20170331_181931.jpg

20170331_181936.jpg

20170331_181941.jpg

20170331_181943.jpg

20170331_181950.jpg

What size, purity are these? Can you post any close up pics? 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

4 hours ago, Stu said:

What size, purity are these? Can you post any close up pics? 

Hmm Check my thread in The Rest of the World.  I will post some individual pictures.

Here is a tidbit from Wikipedia about Tokugawa coinage

Nibuban and Ichibuban[edit]

100px-Tokugawa_coinage_Ichibugin.jpg

A Tenpō silver Ichibuban (1837-1854).

The Nibuban (二分判) was worth half a Koban and was rectangular gold coin.

The Ichibuban (一分判) could be either made of silver or gold, in which case it was a quarter of a Koban. The gold Ichibuban of 1714 (佐渡一分判金) had a weight of 4.5 g, with 85.6% of gold and 14.2% of silver. The silver Ichibuban from 1837 to 1854 (Tenpō Ichibugin, 天保一分銀, "Old Ichibuban") weighed 8.66 g, with an alloy of 0.21% gold and 98.86% silver.[4]

Nishuban and Isshuban[edit]

There were then Nishuban (二朱判) and Isshuban (一朱判) small denominations of silver or gold, before getting to the Mon or Sen bronze coins.

From 1853 to 1865, the silver Isshuban (Kaei Isshugin, 嘉永一朱銀) weighed 1.88 g, with an alloy of 1.7% gold, 98.7% silver and 1.12% copper.[4]

• 109px-Genroku_gold_coinage_1695-1710_Nis

Genroku gold Nishuban (1695-1710).

•  
  • 109px-Bunsei_gold_coinage_1819_1828_Issh

Bunsei gold Isshuban (1819-1828).

•  
  • 94px-Tokugawa_coinage_silver_Isshuban.jp

The sizes are small, The largest is the Ichibu Gin or Ichibuban Silver bar about 1/2" x 1" the others are smaller.  I have one that is about 3/4" by 2 inches.  

13 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Lol, i won't say just yet, let Steve at least get the hankies and stop shaking and see if he goes in for the kill. I'll just say more than €100 and less than €1k :ph34r:

It's a tidy sum but I'm thinking about it :wacko:

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

China Construction Bank 1g Gold Lunar Rooster - Chicken Little note

China Gold Coin Investment Ltd 2g Gold Lunar Sheep note.  This one has sheep + boy with carp.  I do have another from CGCI with the same sheep design on the front but with god of wealth on the back instead of boy & carp and was a collaboration with Minsheng Bank.

2017-04-03 11.31.10.jpg

2017-04-03 11.31.18.jpg

2017-04-03 11.32.09.jpg

2017-04-03 11.33.41.jpg

2017-04-03 11.37.27.jpg

2017-04-03 11.37.42.jpg

3 minutes ago, lubi29 said:

@morezone is CGCI 2g gold sheep note the same series as CGCI 2g gold note monkey, there is no carp? Any idea when this series start? Will be 2g rooster released any time soon?

Thanks

I think so but can't be 100% sure.  I have 2 sheeps.  The one which came in today above which is from CGCI with a COA from Shanghai Mint.  I also have this one below which is also from CGCI but if I remember correctly, the COA has something to do with China Minsheng Bank.  I'm just guessing but this other one was probably a China Minsheng Bank exclusive.  Not sure when the series started but so far I have only seen notes from the sheep onwards so my guess is this is when they came up with the idea and technology.  I have no idea when the 2g Rooster will be released or whether it's already been released.  I would have thought it would have already been released.

2017-04-03 17.18.05.jpg

2017-04-03 17.18.17.jpg