• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

20 hours ago, Silvergun said:

....the swans are beautiful coins....

swan 1.jpg

swan 2.jpg

Very nice indeed.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

22 minutes ago, sixgun said:

These items would not be VAT exempt but taxed at 5% VAT. There is a longish discussion on this here.

The custom's code you elude to is:

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/measures.jsp?Lang=en&Area=&Taric=9705000090

Goods nomenclature code: 9705000090

SECTION XXI WORKS OF ART, COLLECTORS' PIECES AND ANTIQUES
CHAPTER 97 WORKS OF ART, COLLECTORS' PIECES AND ANTIQUES
  Collections and collectors' pieces of zoological, botanical, mineralogical, anatomical, historical, archaeological, palaeontological, ethnographic or numismatic interest :   (TN701)
9705 00 00 10
-   Collectors’ pieces of wood
9705 00 00 20
-   Collectors’ pieces of silver or gold
-   Collections and collectors' pieces of zoological, anatomical, historical, archaeological, palaeontological or ethnographic interest containing animal products

Pete has reclaimed overpaid customs levied VAT - you might wish to ask him.

Thanks @sixgun , this could prove useful as I did indeed pay 20% VAT, I think I shall have to be quick though, I paid ParcelForce on 18/03/2017. I shall investigate! :)

To anyone in the UK interested in purchasing from silverstatues.com: I would ask them to print the above and include it in your parcel and with any relevant documentation.

How is this little chunky, antiqued, high relief, 2 oz beauty flying under the radar at 1,000 mintage from Perth?  I'm working now so the latex gloves and fondling must wait until later (wow that sentence by itself could be taken WAY wrong).  I snagged this from Talisman Coins for around $155 all in.

PerthDragon.jpg.75b2654a956e925fa1a9af32bbc916d5.jpg

Some rounds - Heroes War is Hell, Apmex Lunar Horse, Sunshine Mint Route 66, Element Mint Statue of Freedom

Niue Gardian Angel, Canadian 1.5oz Grizzly, Canadian Maple Leaf - Privy (150th Anniversary of the Confederation of Canada) & Canadian Maple Leaf - Privy (Panda V2).

The 1.5oz Coin baffles me as to what series, if any it belongs to.  Originally we had the 1.5oz Arctic Series (According to JM Bullion) with Polar Bear, Arctic Fox, Polar with Cub and Snow Falcon.  Grizzly bear does fall into the Arctic category.  Is it a new series or just a follow on.  Was it an Arctic series or just a 1.5oz series or a release without any any name associated?  There is no consistency between dealers as to how it's/they've been categorized.  The release schedule of the 1.5oz was Polar Bear, Arctic Fox, Polar Bear with Cub, 2016 Multi Leaf, Snow Falcon, 2017 Multi Leaf, Grizzly Bear.

2017-04-18 15.13.48.jpg

2017-04-18 15.14.12.jpg

2017-04-18 15.14.58.jpg

15 minutes ago, sbxsat said:

Shout out to Backyard Bullion for making the video on the 1/4 oz proof QB lion. Got mine in the post today. 

This coin is a real beauty. Some scratches on the capsule but not the coin. The box it came with is really nice as well. Part wood with detachable magnet piece that holds the coin. No regrets buying it.

Queen's beast lion 1.jpg

Queen's beast lion 2.jpg

Queen's beast lion 3.jpg

That's one great looking coin!! Congrats! :) 

Well Lightning has struck twice on me as the other day I recieved a carded silver Britannia through the post that I never ordered?!!

Don't know if the eBay seller I bought one off previously sent it to me or Yorkshire Bullion who now sell them as well, considering Yorkshire Bullion sent me a duplicate order the other month. All a bit odd as there wasn't any note inside the envelope that was torn at one end. 

It will sit to one side until I hear from either one of them.

i got these Royal Mint 'Treasure for Life' 2016 Britannias.

i can't find anything about this particular year of Britannias packaged as 'Treasure for Life'.

IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 hours ago, MickB said:

Well Lightning has struck twice on me as the other day I recieved a carded silver Britannia through the post that I never ordered?!!

Don't know if the eBay seller I bought one off previously sent it to me or Yorkshire Bullion who now sell them as well, considering Yorkshire Bullion sent me a duplicate order the other month. All a bit odd as there wasn't any note inside the envelope that was torn at one end. 

It will sit to one side until I hear from either one of them.

It'll be a present, in lieu of an apology, from DJ. You know who I mean:P

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 items arrived today, a dutch ducat, and a platinum "love angel" (bleaurgh).
I decided i needed a little platinum in my life.
20170418_171033.thumb.jpg.57efea13586442835f73e7c508865db5.jpg

Lightjaw - now time for a little palladium next in your life?!
2 items arrived today, a dutch ducat, and a platinum "love angel" (bleaurgh).
I decided i needed a little platinum in my life.
20170418_171033.thumb.jpg.57efea13586442835f73e7c508865db5.jpg

Lightjaw - now time for a little palladium next in your life?!