• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

41 minutes ago, slack said:

Just received.. 2oz George and the Dragon.. it's here at last..

IMG_20240308_094834517.jpg

Got to say the edge lettering doesn't look as bad as in the promo photos from the RM. Those photos didn't do it justice. 

17 hours ago, James32 said:
17 hours ago, James32 said:

I use these for graded coins. I get them from amazon ( there's different sizes for various items)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BCPLTS71?ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details&th=1

PXL_20240306_2117161962.thumb.jpg.75a11d036df428f1665418ee24c2fee1.jpg

17 hours ago, AOB said:

Do you have a link James, I know someone posted a link ages ago but forgot who?

It would be much appreciated good sir

See above bud.

Just picked these plastic wallets up for my graded ones 20240308_110204.thumb.jpg.6489b2b8ce4a7905a7ee93d5852e652b.jpg 

Why do I feel so cheap.

23 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

BRAND NEW !! Pistrucci St George and the Dragon 2oz Silver Proof Coin !!!

WP_20240308_10_51_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20240308_10_50_50_Pro.jpg

WP_20240308_10_51_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20240308_10_51_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20240308_10_49_02_Pro.jpg

Is the lettering on the rim pissed?

It might be the case, I hope it is!!!

U would think an even gap wouldn’t be that hard to achieve!

Edited by SovereignBull

Just now, SovereignBull said:

The lettering on the rim is pissed! U would think an even gap wouldn’t be that hard to achieve!

Crikey yeah that looks so wonky. Bracing myself for the 5oz to be cancelled already!

Just now, paulmerton said:

Crikey yeah that looks so wonky. Bracing myself for the 5oz to be cancelled already!

Might be the case on further inspection. Edited my post. I hope it is. Waited a long time for this coin

1 hour ago, SovereignBull said:

Is the lettering on the rim pissed?

It might be the case, I hope it is!!!

U would think an even gap wouldn’t be that hard to achieve!

Could just be the curvature of the case distorting it.  While the Mint is justifiably famous for its quality control, It would take a concerted effort to get wonky lettering in this day and age of CAD/CAM for die cutting.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

Just now, AOB said:

Looks like a lovely coin - what are the lines in the surround of KC111 head?

IMG_3882.jpeg

Little hairs I imagine. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

IMG_1221.jpeg

IMG_1220.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg

IMG_1226.jpeg

IMG_1225.jpeg

IMG_1218.jpeg

IMG_1222.jpeg

How much of that is crud on the capsule, dust in the capsule and scratches on the surface of the coin?

Royal Mint's legendary quality control in action, I see.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

Just now, James32 said:

Little hairs I imagine. 

Just now, 9x883 said:

Took it to show the local barber?😉😉😉😉😂

Yeah, was thinking that or either it’s the case maybe.. 

@9x883 you shout I need the barbers myself 😁

I will be very interested on what the sale price demand will be when 2oz gold is graded at 70?🤔