• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

7 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

Very Nice pick up for not much more than bullion!

Ive pretty much overpaid on all my special dates compared to whats been listed after ive paid! I think a little more patience and faith that another one will come along for me! 

I also think that some sellers took advantage of you, but it in the end, it will be a cheap lesson

Never Chase and Never Regret 

Just now, Artictim said:

Someone more expert than me may know, but that mintage figure includes the St George Reverse. 

I'm dying to know what my 1861 and 1874 London sovs from the Douro shipwreck come up as now, but I should probably just buy the book anyway as it looks useful. Where's the best place?

1 minute ago, Richard82 said:

I like my 1989 sovereign set. Its a shame I have store them away because they are too valuable to have in the house. I don't know much about sovereigns, but I loved the design and they were reasonable priced. I don't plan on selling them though. 

Hate selling gold. Only do it when i have too. Very rarely thankfully.

12 minutes ago, Artictim said:

Amazon

Chards are cheaper at £28.50, get a cheap sovereign and absorb the postage. 

Forget that, just noticed Chards have none available. This was were I bought mine

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

1 minute ago, Aldebaran said:

I have recently received these two beautiful coins a 2022 Perth Mint Phoenix and a 2024 Durga.

The photographs are through the capsules - I couldn’t remove the lids😎

IMG_5910.jpeg

IMG_5912.jpeg

I got 4x1oz delivered from @ryanwinter73 I can’t open them either 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Kitalon said:

Yes. You're right, I was actually looking for the 1oz regular proof and then these guys here turned my head by posting about the 'reverse frosted proof edition'. Then I had a big dilemma about which one to go for, I still prefer the legend on the coin in original proof , but the main thing I disliked about that coin was how the central garter and shield didn't stand out very well (which was fixed by the reverse proof - it looks incredible and the words in the garter stand out really well. "Honi soit qui mal y pense" Wow, a coin with a moral message. On the reverse proof I disliked the shiny proof Charlie at first but it has since grown on me. In the end it just came to fate, destiny, accident or sheer luck take your pick and I ended up with the rarer variant with 210 minted instead of 500. So I'm counting that as a win, and I'm more than happy with the coin I have. :)

Wow!  First 1oz coin.  That quite the start to live up to.

I say "embrace the power of AND".  (buy both)

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

Just now, Jeffers46 said:

Some lovely bits there. Do you know how much you paid per gram or per ounce?

Thank you.

I use to pay for flatware / hollowware in good functional condition from spot, up to 10% over spot if are really nice.

For coins, of course more, depending of rarity, scarcity and condition.

For example, for 1 kilo of sterling silver spoons I have paid £560 posted. This is 4.6% over today's spot.

For the egyptian set (.900 silver) I have paid @12% over today's spot.