• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Vor 12 Stunden sagte Aldebaran:

Hallo Maxe, das sind atemberaubende Medaillen. Können Sie mir bitte den Namen und die Münzstätte Ihres Ureinwohners nennen? Ich gehe davon aus, dass auf der Rückseite der Buffalo steht. Danke🌞

Hallo Aldebaran, ja, der Büffel ist der Hinterkopf des Indianers. Leider kann ich keine Angaben zur Minze machen, das tut mir sehr leid. Ich habe die Medaille als Beifang bestellt, weil sie mir einfach gefallen hat. Bestellt bei Metal Market in Polen, dort nicht mehr zu finden. Ich habe auch gerade bei Google im Internet gesucht, aber nichts gefunden. Vielen Dank trotzdem für Ihre Anfrage, aber leider kann ich Ihnen nicht weiterhelfen. Grüße von Maxe.

Just read that ak74 had already replied, so it's the Mason Mint.
Thanks to ak74.

Edited by MaxeBaumann

1 hour ago, slack said:

Very nice, I'm expecting a 1965 myself tomorrow, for no other reason other than it's my birth year so though I'd best have one

I'm 1972 so cant get one :(

I have a few silver bits and bobs from 1972 but no gold

Just now, Brit2023 said:

Liberia and Jamaica had independence anniversaries in 72, they must have produced something g more palatable ??

Lol what about Botswana 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Lol what about Botswana 

The Gods Must be Crazy

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

2 hours ago, Orpster said:

Go 1872 then, more options there.

The coin will always be a century older than you, and still look better than you in a century ;) :)

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

2 hours ago, Orpster said:

They were producing Krugerrands in fairly large numbers by 1972 (550k), so you could go for the authentic Krugerrand experience and get a crusty old 1972 example.  They were, at least, still yellow then.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces169894.html

Another option might be a Maltese 50 lire Neptune.  They also make smaller denominations.

Looks like the budgie smugglers have got one - 

https://www.chards.co.uk/1972-malta-gold-statue-of-neptune-50-lira-bullion-coin/13129

Edited by Silverlocks

40 minutes ago, MaxeBaumann said:

Hello, I don't know where to ask this question, so I'll try here. A new 10oz Britannia 2024 silver coin is now being released after 2021. Is there a mintage limit or can they be minted in large quantities? Maybe one of you experts knows. Many thanks and greetings from Maxe.

It doesn't appear to have a specified mintage limit -- they will probably mint them according to demand over the next few months.

Yes, I also wondered when we would get another 10oz, since we haven't seen it again since 2021. I'm glad it's available, I want to get one (missed out in '21).

46 minutes ago, MaxeBaumann said:

Hello, I don't know where to ask this question, so I'll try here. A new 10oz Britannia 2024 silver coin is now being released after 2021. Is there a mintage limit or can they be minted in large quantities? Maybe one of you experts knows. Many thanks and greetings from Maxe.

To my knowledge no mintage limit has been revealed but I’ll definitely pick one up 😀

1 hour ago, JohnV66 said:

Nice "fat" sovereign arrived today. 2017 Piedfort Proof 200th Anniversary. This'll be handed over to @GoldDiggerDave for intensive scrubbing with Brasso and iron wool before winging it's way to NGC.

2017_piedfort1.PNG

2017_piedfort2.PNG

2017_piedfort3.PNG

2017_piedfort4.PNG

Phat, phat.... chonky is how I'd describe it... looks like it needs to go on a diet! :D 
Lovely looking coin that, and as you and @Leonmarsh say, get it across to @GoldDiggerDave to be proofed!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/