• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

4 minutes ago, slack said:

Hi all, not sure why this 'set' is a thing other than one year follows the other but it is very well put together little velvet box and i was very lucky with the quality of the coins hidden within, I wish everyone all the best for this year

IMG_20240126_104455137.jpg

IMG_20240126_104725201~2.jpg

IMG_20240126_104752550~2.jpg

IMG_20240126_104808988~2.jpg

Oops! My photos seem to have fallen over.. one day I'll get the hang of these bloody phones

32 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Couple more beauties received this morning

The 1884M from the recent Coin Cabinet auction and the Viente Peso from HGM

IMG_6065.thumb.JPG.908c4a2b89e6065f50c0addfc6e2a895.JPG IMG_6064.thumb.JPG.8f18c07c0692b232c9d3323262b95d5a.JPG

It's a nice 20 pesos.  That's one I've got on my hit list.  Maybe also a 50 peso at some point.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

Just now, Kitalon said:

Nope. "This is not the coin you're looking for" that one comes next week. But you should've known Orpster cos I told you about it already. 😄 But it's a bit of a curve ball.

2002 QEII Golden Jubilee proof double sovereign.

(At PF69 for those who care about such things)

img_1_1705960361828.jpg

Double! Very Jelly. Just a Full & Half coming my way and not in a proof! Congrats 🥳 

1 hour ago, slack said:

Hi all, not sure why this 'set' is a thing other than one year follows the other but it is very well put together little velvet box and i was very lucky with the quality of the coins hidden within, I wish everyone all the best for this year

Great photos today 👍

The 2005 is my favourite sovereign design🌞

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

1 hour ago, slack said:

I nearly bought that 🤣

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

I nearly bought that 🤣

Two great minds eh Paul, I had to have a think before I bought it and I'm pleased with the condition of the coins but it's  rather a random 'set' isn't it

3 hours ago, Orpster said:

Couple more beauties received this morning

The 1884M from the recent Coin Cabinet auction and the Viente Peso from HGM

IMG_6065.thumb.JPG.908c4a2b89e6065f50c0addfc6e2a895.JPG IMG_6064.thumb.JPG.8f18c07c0692b232c9d3323262b95d5a.JPG

Is it an easy process to bid and did you have to pay a premium on the purchase?

3 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Is it an easy process to bid and did you have to pay a premium on the purchase?

I pre-bid rather than doing it live, there was 6% plus VAT to pay on the hammer price (the VAT is on the 6% not the hammer price)

6 minutes ago, Orpster said:

I pre-bid rather than doing it live, there was 6% plus VAT to pay on the hammer price (the VAT is on the 6% not the hammer price)

Quite amusing on TV when watching repeats of Flog It …. auction commissions of 15% etc.!😮🤔 seems like a long time since most places were that🤔😮

12 minutes ago, Petra said:

Quite amusing on TV when watching repeats of Flog It …. auction commissions of 15% etc.!😮🤔 seems like a long time since most places were that🤔😮

I wont bid live, I have buggered up too many times.
Once I won a batch of silver £2 coins, I had got distracted and thought I was bidding on the previous lot

Just now, Orpster said:

Once I won a batch of silver £2 coins, I had got distracted and thought I was bidding on the previous lot

I did a live bid a while ago after wine o'clock. I got the highest bid for about two hours and then spent every minute hoping someone else'd out bid me. They did so phew to that lol.

1 minute ago, Orpster said:

😮🤔Trouble is I have seen auctions where they have gone straight in with the top price some has left as a bid instead of working up to it. The person either doesn’t get the item or pays more than they should have. At the end of the day you can’t beat the adrenaline buzz of being in an auction room live bidding… unfortunately, virtually all coin auctions of any worth are miles from me🤔🙁

58 minutes ago, Petra said:

The coin collection and coins of the realm auctions are 6% and 0 for buyers. Most of the others are ridiculous at 30% plus