• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Sorry to be a poo poo

Isn't £635 quite a lot to pay for a poor condition 1819 and 1821

I have two of them that I bought for around £35 each...

Just saying you might want to re-think that purchase

Unless I am missing something?

Maybe I have 10x my coin values or the Royal Mint is scalping you

PXL_20240215_091834930.jpg

PXL_20240215_091827098.jpg

Isn't that just typical RM though?

Same with the 3 coin gold set. 1820 and 21 sovereigns and the new 2Oz coin for £19.5k 🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I don't rate the 10oz silver. Sure, the mintage will be much lower, but it uses the same upper and lower dies as the 5oz, so you're essentially paying a huge premium for the extra 5oz of silver sandwiched in the middle. And the edge lettering looks goofy with such a wide border.

I just hope they don't cancel the 5oz silver like they did with the petition crown!

Ah I see. Interesting.. yes 90 vs 450 mintage. 
they bette not cancel the 5oz! I suspect they will have worked on the minting tech/dumbed down the edge design to make sure they don’t lose the revenue… I mean customer goodwill 🤭

I was so blinkered on the 5oz I didn’t even see it first pass. 

Aaaahhh😉

NGL £284 for 2oz of Silver is a hefty price tag!

Wont even be opening the packaging box to look at it! This stays sealed and I either pick one up on secondary in a few years if price tanks for myself or just pass this one down to one of the kids with a never open clause! 

Im sure at some point in the bloodline it will be passed on to someone to young and grubb, sticky hands will be all over it and then subsequently sold to a bullion dealer for £50 🤣

Just now, cjbcomm said:

Isn't that just typical RM though?

Same with the 3 coin gold set. 1820 and 21 sovereigns and the new 2Oz coin for £19.5k 🤷‍♀️

Typical they take advantage of people that don't know better. 

I am currently doing a big investigation into their historic coin pricing, its shocking what they are up to in my opinion. 

More on this to come. 

I would highly recommend anyone that bought the 3 coin silver set to cancel/return as it is a TOTAL rip off. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

25 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Test it and it will go to 9999 silver. 

I had it on an xrf machine and it went 999 silver as it said on the coin tried with others and it said 9999 on the maples. Gold britannias state 9999 gold on the coin and came up 9999 gold on xrf machine. 

Like wise with acid tests I was having issues with sovereigns and the 22k acid was making it fade yet I had bought the sovereigns being tested direct from the mint. 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Is it just me but the lettering on the rim just looks oversized and odd ? 🤔 If they had @Charliemouse as head of photography it would be better than these CGI Photoshop junk on the web site 

It's quite big on the real coin

9514-original.jpg

2 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

NGL £284 for 2oz of Silver is a hefty price tag!

Wont even be opening the packaging box to look at it! This stays sealed and I either pick one up on secondary in a few years if price tanks for myself or just pass this one down to one of the kids with a never open clause! 

Im sure at some point in the bloodline it will be passed on to someone to young and grubb, sticky hands will be all over it and then subsequently sold to a bullion dealer for £50 🤣

Oh, you definitely want to open it and check it's not awful quality!

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Typical they take advantage of people that don't know better. 

I am currently doing a big investigation into their historic coin pricing, its shocking what they are up to in my opinion. 

More on this to come. 

I would highly recommend anyone that bought the 3 coin silver set to cancel/return as it is a TOTAL rip off. 

They called me to offer the gold 3 coin set and had to laugh. 2 average grade sovereigns and the £5k 2 Oz for £19.5k..... 

They do this all the time and good that you're investigating as needs to be called out and people educated

2oz silver still available from Crawley coins.

£273.64 inc postage + 1% discount if you pay by bank transfer. 

3 in stock 🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

More on this to come.

Good to read this and hope something comes of it. I've expressed my own thoughts on this subject in other threads so won't dwell too much on it but I do very much see what they're doing as just taking advantage of those who don't know better and do feel it is wrong.

As for this coin I'm very glad we've reached a point where I could completely lose track of these releases, not get up early, not queue yet still get the 2oz silver to keep my Great Engravers set going. No stress.

The issue I see is the 2oz silver is more than double the weight of the original 1818 crown but only 3mm more in diameter making the coin a fatty and hence, the edge looks too big. The 5oz diameter I think is 60mm so despite it’s even heavier the coin seems to present better