• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

Five coronation coins are plenty for me.  I'm saving my big money for the next SOTD Sovereign - when the newly crowned KCIII sits on the throne and does his business there.  Freshly minted in a pleasing shade of brown gold.  😝

2 minutes ago, MapleLeaf said:

Wow the price on feebay is soaring 🤣

A2232C61-CD10-4002-B726-FDCF3FD8B74C.png

Understood.  Mintage is very limited, and demand is high due to the uniqueness and historical significance of the event and coin.

2 minutes ago, MapleLeaf said:

Wow the price on feebay is soaring 🤣

A2232C61-CD10-4002-B726-FDCF3FD8B74C.png

could list it for a £1,000,000 still doesn't mean it'll sell.

Sold, paid for, delivered and feedback left shows a completed confirmed sale 

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

could list it for a £1,000,000 still doesn't mean it'll sell.

Sold, paid for, delivered and feedback left shows a completed confirmed sale 

By all means. I’m just stating that flippers are trying to sell to FOMO people for all kinds of sums. 🙂

Edited by MapleLeaf

I might be wrong as it's a while since I bought anything being auctioned on eBay but, I think I'm right in saying, that if one puts in a bid on something - then one is obligated to buy it? A question mark as I'm not 100% certain about that but, if that is the case, then the flipper of this SOTD sovereign will be chuffed to bits with how this auction is going . . .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204315474308?mkevt=1&mkpid=2&emsid=e90001.m43.l1123&plmtId=700008&mesgId=3024&mkcid=8&ch=osgood&bu=44093444117&trkId=4c6a0f22-1a65-4cbf-a22c-1528fd8f8b61&cnvId=700003&recoId=204315474308&recoPos=1

Edited by timsk

6 minutes ago, timsk said:

I might be wrong as it's a while since I bought anything being auctioned on eBay but, I think I'm right in saying, that if one puts in a bid on something - then one is obligated to buy it? A question mark as I'm not 100% certain about that but, if that is the case, then the flipper of this SOTD sovereign will be chuffed to bits with how this auction is going . . .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204315474308?mkevt=1&mkpid=2&emsid=e90001.m43.l1123&plmtId=700008&mesgId=3024&mkcid=8&ch=osgood&bu=44093444117&trkId=4c6a0f22-1a65-4cbf-a22c-1528fd8f8b61&cnvId=700003&recoId=204315474308&recoPos=1

You are obligated to buy it only if you are the winning bidder.  You won't know if you won until the auction ends.  So, if you are the top bidder before the auction ends, there are no guarantees because you can be outbid.  You can enter a very high bid and if it exceeds the last bid just before closing, you would win.  Of course, the easiest type of purchase is Buy it Now.  Some sellers may also accept a best offer.

Edited by JeffM

No longer available usually means completely sold out as all available stock has been allocated. Sold out usually pops up when they have some stock available and they'll probably release it in limited quantities over the next few days. So maybe worth checking the RM site later this week if you're after a 'sold out' item as it may be back in stock at some point. 

Or you could call RM and ask them if they have any stock available for sold out items.

1 minute ago, Praetorian said:

No longer available usually means completely sold out as all available stock has been allocated. Sold out usually pops up when they have some stock available and they'll probably release it in limited quantities over the next few days. So maybe worth checking the RM site later this week if you're after a 'sold out' item as it may be back in stock at some point. 

Or you could call RM and ask them if they have any stock available for sold out items.

That's very helpful. Thanks!

1 hour ago, timsk said:

i dont understand why people would bid and wait 7-8 days instead of buying it immediately for the same price...

current auction is around 1750 gbp and for a little bit more there are several available..

4 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

The 1/40 Britannia's proofs are sort after by collectors so this would appeal to them maybe.

8mm is the same diameter as Bic biro pen yes it's very small but all the detail is there 😅

They have done the 1/40 before, not only in the newer Britannia sets but also individually. I have a couple of carded ones, to say they are small is an understatement! However, they are ok to look at😮🤔

38 minutes ago, Petra said:

They have done the 1/40 before, not only in the newer Britannia sets but also individually. I have a couple of carded ones, to say they are small is an understatement! However, they are ok to look at😮🤔

I really like them and managed to get some in the end. Really happy with them despite the high premium. Will keep them for a long time I think. Make them worthwhile at some point. They cost £85 each and in ten years I may sell them for £86 each, knowing my luck. 

12 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I really like them and managed to get some in the end. Really happy with them despite the high premium. Will keep them for a long time I think. Make them worthwhile at some point. They cost £85 each and in ten years I may sell them for £86 each, knowing my luck. 

Don't forget to adjust for inflation!

54 minutes ago, Petra said:

Oh, what the heck!  It's a novelty.  Plus, I get to whip out my magnifying glass to make it look bigger.  I have a lot of experience in that area.  😭

3 minutes ago, JeffM said:

Oh, what the heck!  It's a novelty.  Plus, I get to whip out my magnifying glass to make it look bigger.  I have a lot of experience in that area.  😭

A novelty maybe; i was tempted just to get 6 for family members kids

8 minutes ago, JeffM said:

Excellent idea.  It's a great gift and makes them feel like a part of the coronation.

Yep; my idea isn't a gift to be part of the coronation, more something when i'm gone and a package of other coins 

54 minutes ago, Figgins said:

A novelty maybe; i was tempted just to get 6 for family members kids

Agree would make an affordable gift and had the same idea.

Bought 2 yesterday and 2 today, however RM cancelled one of my order for 2.

Did not see any limit placed on the RM website for these coins.

Just now, goldhunter said:

Agree would make an affordable gift and had the same idea.

Bought 2 yesterday and 2 today, however RM cancelled one of my order for 2.

Did not see any limit placed on the RM website for these coins.

yes; i was limited to 2. they couldnt process payment, i gave up, which is pretty sad

22 hours ago, paulmerton said:

So tiny 🤣

image.png.e2fc8b5a3c3609ad6dff89f5e81bb134.pngimage.png.f96e6b2e7ed6f706cf49cd26b35d46ff.png

Did they put it on such an oversized card so that can find it if you put it down? 😄Without zooming in the picture I can literally see a gold coloured round bit in the middle. My eyesight is bad, this is maybe one reason for liking silver 1kg monster sized coins - I can see and enjoy the detail.

1 minute ago, MonkeysUncle said:

Did they put it on such an oversized card so that can find it if you put it down? 😄Without zooming in the picture I can literally see a gold coloured round bit in the middle. My eyesight is bad, this is maybe one reason for liking silver 1kg monster sized coins - I can see and enjoy the detail.

I quite like it personally. I just think it's a shame they didn't card it inside a capsule like they do with the fractional coins in the similarly sized trial of the pyx blister cards.