• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Great Engravers - Petition Crown (Gazette Proclamation)

2 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

My account manager is useless she just apologies every time she finally replies to me. 

On that topic, does anyone know what "access to a discount day" is meant to mean, as that's one of the supposed perks and I've never been told about one.

Just now, paulmerton said:

On that topic, does anyone know what "access to a discount day" is meant to mean, as that's one of the supposed perks and I've never been told about one.

I am unsure to be honest. Maybe on your birthday? Could be wrong though. 

Another point to add to the Petition Crown. 

If you were a collector and wanted an original you are probably needing at least £500k to obtain one.

With the Gothic Crown you probably need 10k for a decent example.

So maybe more people will want this as it is such a high barrier to an original?

10 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Discount day only of benefit if your interested in historic coins. Not on modern coins.

Then there's Birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, discounted coin cabinets, or free depending on how much your spending. Vip tours and other little benefits like that not of much interest to majority 

Just now, BullionBuyerUK said:

The previous one I had before she moved up the chain was brilliant, couldn't of asked for more. Then I was given this new one, polar opposites 

I do understand they are mobbed this year but only notifying me of the good releases too late and the bad ones in plenty of time and saying 'they will run out quickly' is annoying. 

4 minutes ago, NumismaticNI said:

Discount day only of benefit if your interested in historic coins. Not on modern coins.

Then there's Birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, discounted coin cabinets, or free depending on how much your spending. Vip tours and other little benefits like that not of much interest to majority 

I qualify for most of that, but don't get offended any of it. Mind you, I buy the coins and they don't turn up either. 😟

Just now, BullionBuyerUK said:

I qualify for most of that, but don't get offended any of it. Mind you, I buy the coins and they don't turn up either. 😟

Your totally correct. There's some 2oz Gold still not received from back in December. Happened to me once I waited 4months afew years back. Been generally quick since then hope they keep it that way. 

25 minutes ago, dirt94 said:

Does everyone think if this is actually a low mintage (possibly the key in the series) that this would renew interest in the series and this issue will do quite well?

Ultimately impossible to say but it surely couldn't be a bad thing for the coin and those who manage to get them if the mintages are much lower. From my own observations what seems to make the key difference with coins in this series value wise is how widely available they become on the secondary market. The Una mostly disappeared into peoples collections with only a few examples bought and resold so its value went up and up and up to match the demand. With the 3Gs and GC releases the secondary market was flooded with them and they're still quite easy to get so the values are what they are. If the mintage hasn't dropped dramatically the same will happen with this coin as the last two releases. The rumours sound good to me though and it certainly could help get the series back on the right path if they pan out.

18 minutes ago, NumismaticNI said:

205, 325 and 350

14 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

Silver Maximum coin mintage - 2oz

Una - 3,000

Three grace - 3,510

Quartered arms/ Portrait - 4,006

Thanks

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon