• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How many forum members as percentage have been scammed by new sellers

1 minute ago, James32 said:

100% your as entitled to suggestions as anyone. But if you want success on the forum you have to be open to compromise. Something we all did when joining TSF including our forefathers 😆 

To get the ball rolling, have you any good condition sovereigns etc? I'm happy to pay half upfront if we can agree a deal on price. 

But be warned I'm from the green Isle and have Liam Neeson on speed dial 😃 

Well not everyone is perfect 🤔🫢

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

100% your as entitled to suggestions as anyone. But if you want success on the forum you have to be open to compromise. Something we all did when joining TSF including our forefathers 😆 

To get the ball rolling, have you any good condition sovereigns etc? I'm happy to pay half upfront if we can agree a deal on price. 

c**p the hoover is out

Edited by Relm
Still can't spell

1 minute ago, Bigmarc said:

We collect gold ffs, if their was a table of groups of people that are stuck in there ways I think we are right up there. 

"Gold has been money for hundreds of years and we are still beating the drum"

Best comment of this whole thread 😆 🤣 😂 

1 minute ago, Petra said:

Well not everyone is perfect 🤔🫢

The fame is a burden tbh.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Ultimately @Spyder you get out what you put in.  Sometimes coins sell very fast some you can’t sell no matter how much you lower the price.  

It also helps to network this for me has years, dealers, the RM and lots of fellow collectors. 

This is a great forum and I hope it works out for you. 

3 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

We collect gold ffs, if their was a table of groups of people that are stuck in there ways I think we are right up there. 

"Gold has been money for hundreds of years and we are still beating the drum"

Well, I was selling gold, might the not be the gold you wanted but it was gold

Like Eric Morecambe said, ''I'm playing all the right note. but not necessarily in the right order''

Never Chase and Never Regret 

11 minutes ago, James32 said:

Sorry, I'm only trying sell that which I don't collect and got at a very good price.

Firstly, @Spyder welcome to the forum! As many have mentioned here, get involved on the forum, look at different threads and interact. That way when you post items on the sales page, people will know who you are. 
You can also always use an intermediary for transactions whereby a trusted member can hold the items, check and confirm that they are as genuine as they can ascertain without drilling them :D and then you pay a commission to that person. That gets you sales going and after you have a couple positive feedbacks then you're A away. 

HTH, as it was TLDR the first 4 pages. 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

6 minutes ago, Relm said:

Sadly when blocking someone you still get to see their post if they are quoted

If I was the sensitive type, I might take that personally

On 06/01/2023 at 10:42, Spyder said:

Well thank you Sherlock Holmes,

From my memory, I recall others thought that they might be edge knocks. It wasn't until Lawrence Chard said that he thinks that they could have been done by a jewelers file. At this point everyone also thought this was the case including me.

Anyway thread was not about attacking me and more about why new sellers are not trusted when there is very little scams on this forum.

Another explanation is possibly because established members are wary of new members, that there are few scams!

😎

Chards

5 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Another explanation is possibly because established members are wary of new members, that there are few scams!

😎

Hello Mr Chard, I have been waiting for a princess Diana Cook Islands coin from you for a long time. It has been 17 years since I made payment, I see now you have no feedback. I guess I will only buy from trusted members. I appreciate you might not have wanted to pass on such an elegant coin, but please get back to me.

Edited by Solachesis
Spelling

3 minutes ago, Spyder said:

I might put up Mickey Mouse Round for sell, Would anyone be interested?

Swing by the sell pages and look what sold and at what price. Also look at how the sale was presented as a professional sale style tends to discourage "helpful" comments

When I sold my first lot of silver on TSF I was PM'd by an established member who offered advice and support. I decided to accept the advice of this stranger and it paid dividends going forward. Basically it comes down to this; be honest, mark up your initial posts with forum handle/date/jolly thumbs up, take plenty of photos and price realistically. 

If you're looking to sell something that isn't 'the norm' you may be waiting awhile, new member or not. Mainstream bullion and recognised collector items may get a payment on receipt request if the seller's account is very fresh but often they just sell. If you have oddball stuff from unusual mints then even spot price may be too much for a lot of people.

I feel like those that grew up with the internet in the 90's/early 00's have a better grasp of forum etiquette. It may sound gatekeeperish (which it's really not meant to), but if you've grown up mainly within the Facebook/Instagram paradigm then there may be a learning curve...🤪