• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

£755 for a 1957 Sovereign anyone?

Fishface220

Wow.... just wow! 

A two-coin Sovereign set representing a new chapter in the British monarchy

The 1957 Sovereign features the first definitive coinage portrait of Queen Elizabeth II by Mary Gillick

His Majesty The King’s official coinage portrait graces the obverse of the 2022 Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Sovereign 

Jody Clark’s depiction of the Royal Arms adorns the reverse of the Memorial Sovereign in a rare change of design

The Memorial Sovereign is struck in 22 carat and finished to the finest Proof standard

0C0DB2D6-80B0-46EB-A674-66D770733F37.png

Edited by Fishface220
Added text

RM old coinages are all very expensive comparing with outside n auction house, and they even do not have a picture to show the exact coin they are selling with such premium.  I remember I asked for a photo by email years ago, and they just reply sorry nothing is able to provide, in case you are not satisfied you can simply return it...customer service nowadays, ha.

There are still 218 of them available in stock, which means 782 of them have been sold.....

Wow

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I'm reading this with interest as I was one of the 782 who purchased one of these sets, and it seems the general consensus on here is I overpaid. I'm quite new to collecting so I'm sure I might make the odd mistake here and there but unfortunately it's a bit late now on this one. Having said that up to now I've bought a few things from the Royal Mint, one being a 2022 Proof sovereign for £585 I think it was. It's not been out of it's capsule and I considered selling it a few weeks ago and was offered the princely sum of £529 from a well known dealer.

It's hard navigating around transactions in these early days, but I hope to grow my collection by continuing to buy from people on here, The Royal Mint and other reputable online dealers. Hopefully things will average themselves out over the course of a few years, but next time a boxed set with an old coin pops up, maybe I'll tread with a little bit more caution!

2 minutes ago, ItsOurYear said:

I'm reading this with interest as I was one of the 782 who purchased one of these sets, and it seems the general consensus on here is I overpaid. I'm quite new to collecting so I'm sure I might make the odd mistake here and there but unfortunately it's a bit late now on this one. Having said that up to now I've bought a few things from the Royal Mint, one being a 2022 Proof sovereign for £585 I think it was. It's not been out of it's capsule and I considered selling it a few weeks ago and was offered the princely sum of £529 from a well known dealer.

It's hard navigating around transactions in these early days, but I hope to grow my collection by continuing to buy from people on here, The Royal Mint and other reputable online dealers. Hopefully things will average themselves out over the course of a few years, but next time a boxed set with an old coin pops up, maybe I'll tread with a little bit more caution!

You will be able to return this for a 100% refund my friend, easyily done and you might not even have to wait until you get the coins either. Just give the mint a call and cancel. Easy.

9 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

You will be able to return this for a 100% refund my friend, easyily done and you might not even have to wait until you get the coins either. Just give the mint a call and cancel. Easy.

Thanks for the advice that is very interesting to know. I also ordered a three coin proof set, I'm hoping that was a better choice to make and will be worth keeping hold of for a while so I'll give them a call and see if they can remove just the two coin set. I should be able to buy a nice bar on here instead with the money I'll get back.

Just now, ItsOurYear said:

Thanks for the advice that is very interesting to know. I also ordered a three coin proof set, I'm hoping that was a better choice to make and will be worth keeping hold of for a while so I'll give them a call and see if they can remove just the two coin set. I should be able to buy a nice bar on here instead with the money I'll get back.

You can still get the set just build it yourself.... buy the proof full sovereign from RM and pick up a 1957 from here. You can still use the left over change towards a bar!! 

5 minutes ago, ItsOurYear said:

It will be the best financial decision you can make regarding this release 

It basically shows the complete lack of intelligence of a significant chunk of the population. 

Honest to God I reckon if Kellogs marketing boys knocked out limited edition Corn Flakes at 4 x the actual retail price of ordinary Corn Flakes some numbnuts wokerati nincompoops would buy them.

No stealing my idea, I'll tap their marketing manager up, I sniff a percentage... 

Edited by MonkeysUncle
More typos than Lawrence 😉

14 hours ago, MonkeysUncle said:

Honest to God I reckon if Kellogs marketing boys knocked out limited edition Corn Flakes at 4 x the actual retail price of ordinary Corn Flakes some numbnuts wokerati nincompoops would buy them.

Where can I buy these? Will they be edible? 😁