• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Sovereign Release Date

23 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

You mean the coins will be released now but shipped out in June 2023 around the Coronation?

That’s a loooooong wait. 

it was just a passing comment - as everything seems to be "to be delivered in next x16 weeks" on all RM items these days 

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Oh have preorders started already? 

I got an email saying I could pre order with the company I ordered my jubilee coins from. The same email said that they expect the sovs to be released in November, but it didn't mention anything about a long wait for production. 

I've paid a reasonable deposit which is refundaboe without question until the day of release and a guarantee that I won't pay more than the mint is advertising. My thinking is that we might find out mintages before the release date and that'll help me make my mind up ie high mintages and I won't bother, or unlimited mintage and an open window to order - again, I won't bother. 

As it's the new king and the first of his sovereigns, on a design specifically for 2022, I am interested in the lower mintages this time round. So a 5 coin set is on my list, but as Dave said, only if the mintage is sub 1000.

8 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

While you lot are talking about I’m waiting on the queue-it system.  

1 proof full sovereign will be best part of £650

I can see the 5 coin sets £5,300-£5,500 

I’m basing this on the recent RM price bump, we will see higher mintages so it’s a case of price vs mintage for me anything more 1000 5 coin sets might just put me off. 

I think it will be slightly higher than that.

sovereign 2022 showing at £695 on RM website so i am guessing thats the new price

8 minutes ago, BiigT said:

I got an email saying I could pre order with the company I ordered my jubilee coins from. The same email said that they expect the sovs to be released in November, but it didn't mention anything about a long wait for production. 

I've paid a reasonable deposit which is refundaboe without question until the day of release and a guarantee that I won't pay more than the mint is advertising. My thinking is that we might find out mintages before the release date and that'll help me make my mind up ie high mintages and I won't bother, or unlimited mintage and an open window to order - again, I won't bother. 

As it's the new king and the first of his sovereigns, on a design specifically for 2022, I am interested in the lower mintages this time round. So a 5 coin set is on my list, but as Dave said, only if the mintage is sub 1000.

I believe mintage will be higher. They will try to meet on demand and the demand will be very high, higher than the 2022 sovereign when it was released in my opinion. I hope the deaign will be nice

Design is strongly rumoured to be the jubilee design. I personally think mintages will be higher for single sovs, but limited for the sets, with the 5 coin set the lowest. 

Even if there were a few thousand 5 coin sets, I would be able to sell mine on for what I paid for it. I'm buying to hold, but I only want it if its low mintage

i very much hope they don't, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did the 3 month window of unlimited mintage on this release also, like they have on these current QEII memorials  

Gives RM the "get out of jail" card to account of delays in production, everyone gets what they want, much increased RM profits/revenue

11 minutes ago, BiigT said:

Design is strongly rumoured to be the jubilee design. I personally think mintages will be higher for single sovs, but limited for the sets, with the 5 coin set the lowest. 

Even if there were a few thousand 5 coin sets, I would be able to sell mine on for what I paid for it. I'm buying to hold, but I only want it if its low mintage

Speaking to the supplier i have bought from previously & they stated the mintage was higher for the forthcoming release of the 2022 memorial Sovereigns 

5 coin set 1200 £5595

1 Sov 17.5K £695

expected delivery Jan & the 2023 coronation sets & Sovs ordered April/May 

46 minutes ago, foinikas said:

I think it will be slightly higher than that.

sovereign 2022 showing at £695 on RM website so i am guessing thats the new price

I thought they would go to £675 myself (as crazy as even that sounds to me, as I roll it around my bonce) but wouldn't be surprised at £695 at all.

Good news for all the recent most desirable QEIIs of course (though I'd argue that is most of them).

Shocking how they can (and do) change 'past, sold out' prices to make it look like new releases are no different.

Edited by kimchi

23 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I thought they would go to £675 myself (as crazy as even that sounds to me, as I roll it around my bonce) but wouldn't be surprised at £695 at all.

Good news for all the recent most desirable QEIIs of course (though I'd argue that is most of them).

Shocking how they can (and do) change 'past, sold out' prices to make it look like new releases are no different.

Indeed, they should leave the actual prices of past coins, but if they do it people will realise the 15-20% increase from last year. 

The design will be a shield similar to the platinum jubilee, but i have heard it will be so much better and made from a well known engraver!  I am very excited as design is a very big deciding factor for my purchases.

if anyone has the design please share it with us 🥹🥹

47 minutes ago, Colnago said:

Speaking to the supplier i have bought from previously & they stated the mintage was higher for the forthcoming release of the 2022 memorial Sovereigns 

5 coin set 1200 £5595

1 Sov 17.5K £695

expected delivery Jan & the 2023 coronation sets & Sovs ordered April/May 

Mintage numbers seems to be higher to meet demand. I am pretty sure these will be quick sell out (within few days).

1 hour ago, foinikas said:

The design will be a shield similar to the platinum jubilee, but i have heard it will be so much better and made from a well known engraver!  I am very excited as design is a very big deciding factor for my purchases.

That sounds very exciting indeed. 😅

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

I thought the reverse design had already been announced in The Gazette as The King's Arms?

Basically, the same as the royal coat of arms used on the platinum jubilee sovereign but the crown is different on Charlie boy's version of it, hardly any noticeable difference really.

Whoever is designing the new coin will interpret it differently and hopefully we won't get two sovereigns in a row that look near enough identical.

24 minutes ago, SiCole said:

I do feel there will be one giant collective 'Oh., so that's how it looks' and then the moments over.

I think it will be just as popular if not more popular than the 2022.

Special reverse on a sovereign by itself makes people go crazy, but it also has the first obverse of Charles on the number one British collector's coin.

I can see it selling out just as fast as the 2022, secondary market prices going up straight away, flippers out in full force.

I want one and I'm going to try to get one on release day but I'm certainly going to avoid paying the secondary market prices.

There's going to be a load more coronation coin sets released next year for sure.

On 04/11/2022 at 03:28, Mothballjim said:

So I’ve been told a release date for the 2023 sov. the date I’ve been given is 13th Nov 2022. This is from a fairly reliable source! Let’s see if they are right! If they are we only have just over a week to wait 🤩

3 more days to see if my source is right! I agree with a few of you on this post that it’s likely to be the Monday instead of the Sunday but time will tell!