• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Sovereign Release Date

In a historic moment for The Royal Mint’s flagship coin, the official coinage portrait of His Majesty The King will soon feature on a memorial edition of The Sovereign.

King Charles III will become the fifteenth monarch and eleventh king to feature on the ‘chief coin of the world’, which has been associated with the British monarchy for centuries. In a poignant tribute to Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, this memorial edition of The Sovereign will also be dated 2022 and feature a rare change of reverse design.

This a rare opportunity to own the second Sovereign of 2022, which launches on 15 November 2022 at 9am (GMT).

12 minutes ago, ant1882 said:

Anyone know how the queue system works for the RM website? I'm assuming it will just be from 9am on the 15th... lucky dip as to whether you get through in time.

Same as before just get on the website at 8.30 and get in the queue 

6 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

So what are people going for with a few denominations I’ll be going for the half sovereign, quarter sovereign and a three coin set hopefully 

Thinking just the half Sovereign for me, I wonder if we will get to see the new design in advance of the 15th 🤣

5 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

Start spamming F5 a few minutes before, as usual. 

Thanks, thinking it might be easier to add funds to my account beforehand as well to save time (and reduce probability of screw ups) during checkout... Just have to guess how much for the half Sovereign.

https://www.royalmint.com/my-account/investment/add-funds-to-wallet/

They've killed the total 1 sovereign mintage, it was 12,700 for the QEII jubilee, for Charles it is 20,950.

And why is this dated 2022? So another special reverse for 2023?

It's being milked way more than I was expecting, I've really got to think long and hard about whether I should continue purchasing these!

On 04/11/2022 at 03:28, Mothballjim said:

So I’ve been told a release date for the 2023 sov. the date I’ve been given is 13th Nov 2022. This is from a fairly reliable source! Let’s see if they are right! If they are we only have just over a week to wait 🤩

2 days out, that’s not bad! 

1 hour ago, ant1882 said:

Anyone know how the queue system works for the RM website? I'm assuming it will just be from 9am on the 15th... lucky dip as to whether you get through in time.

You queue, you wait, and at some point you will probably end up disappointed!  I would suggest that you try and pre-order with a reputable dealer who should also quality check your coin.

14 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

You queue, you wait, and at some point you will probably end up disappointed!  I would suggest that you try and pre-order with a reputable dealer who should also quality check your coin.

Good shout, BBP have the prices listed on their site:

Full Sovereign: £695
Half Sovereign: £375
Quarter Sovereign: £230

Three coin set: £1120
Five coin set: £5595

Piedfort: £1280
Five Sovereign piece: £2900

Please note The Royal Mint have advised these coins should be available in January 2023.

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/royal-mint-proof-collections/proof-her-majesty-queen-elizabeth-ii-2022-commemorative-coin-range/

Edited by ant1882