• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Sovereign Release Date

7 minutes ago, Mothballjim said:

2023 Sovereign Release Date

Hello all,

Does anyone have a release date for the above yet? Excited to get my hands on a couple when they are released🤴 

I think this has been discussed a few times already.

Anybody who knows is not telling.

There are a few existing Topics which mention the previous years' dates.

And you forgot to specify whether you meant bullion or proof!

😎

Chards

Bullion versions should be plentiful and no need to rush to buy? The release date for the much more limited proof coins would be good to know.

Slight tangent, does anyone have an estimate for the price of the proof version? I missed out on the 2022 which are now quite expensive at around £1000.

56 minutes ago, ant1882 said:

Bullion versions should be plentiful and no need to rush to buy? The release date for the much more limited proof coins would be good to know.

Slight tangent, does anyone have an estimate for the price of the proof version? I missed out on the 2022 which are now quite expensive at around £1000.

I’d have to agree with your thoughts on the bullion versions - after all, we can still buy 2022 bullion sovereigns (when in stock!) from most dealers…

As for a release date for the 2023… 🤷🏻‍♂️ Personally, I think it’s likely to be early 2023 - whereas in the past they seem to have been released around the end of the previous year (November has been mentioned a few times in posts I’ve read) But RM have announced the release of the new King Chaz 3 50p coins in to circulation in December (9.6 million mintage apparently - in memory of Her Maj’s 96 years), so could go either way?

As far as price goes, the Royal Mint do seem to be on a ‘see what we can get away with’ kick when it comes to pricing at the moment… 🙄

My guess would be around £750? 🤔

Be interesting to see what others think… @Orpster @James32 @modofantasma @LawrenceChard @Paul ?

Edited by Scootermuppet
Speeling mistooks…

27 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

I’d have to agree with your thoughts on the bullion versions - after all, we can still buy 2022 bullion sovereigns (when in stock!) from most dealers…

As for a release date for the 2023… 🤷🏻‍♂️ Personally, I think it’s likely to be early 2023 - whereas in the past they seem to have been released around the end of the previous year (November has been mentioned a few times in posts I’ve read) But RM have announced the release of the new King Chaz 3 50p coins in to circulation in December (9.6 million mintage apparently - in memory of Her Maj’s 96 years), so could go either way?

As far as price goes, the Royal Mint do seem to be on a ‘see what we can get away with’ kick when it comes to pricing at the moment… 🙄

Be interesting to see what others think… @Orpster @James32 @modofantasma @LawrenceChard @Paul ?

As I don't know anything relevant yet, I can comment.

Bullion versions will be unlimited, although supply might be short initially compared with demand. Expect to pay between about 6% and 10% premium.

Proof issues limits are likely to be similar to recent "special" years, but probably slightly higher, to meet expected high demand.

I would expect prices to be about double the intrinsic gold value, or slightly higher than last (2022) years.

😎

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Proof issues limits are likely to be similar to recent "special" years, but probably slightly higher, to meet expected high demand.

Thanks for that Lawrence - I wonder if the half sov proof / full sov proof ratio will be any different? I seem to remember that there were about 10,000 ful Sov proofs but only about 2,500 half sov proofs for the 2022’s? 🤔

39 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Not so sure at £750, more likely price at £695 of even £649. Gold has gone down quite a bit. Not sure what RM thinks of flippers, but that price might put them off.

8 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Thanks for that Lawrence - I wonder if the half sov proof / full sov proof ratio will be any different? I seem to remember that there were about 10,000 ful Sov proofs but only about 2,500 half sov proofs for the 2022’s? 🤔

Half sovs are a lot lower mintage in general I noticed, look at 2021... Only 1500 mintage for the standalone half proof Sovereigns. Seems to be around 2000 usually. 

1 hour ago, Scootermuppet said:

I really don't know, but I would expect ratio to be about the same.

😎

Chards

8 hours ago, Scootermuppet said:

2022 proof showing as £695, sure it was less than that so assume RM system updates the price depending on their premium levels, so I would guess £695

Morning all, any update on when this will be released? I've just reserved a couple of things from a reputable seller who sent an exclusive email to people who ordered the jubilee coins from them. 

While you lot are talking about I’m waiting on the queue-it system.  

1 proof full sovereign will be best part of £650

I can see the 5 coin sets £5,300-£5,500 

I’m basing this on the recent RM price bump, we will see higher mintages so it’s a case of price vs mintage for me anything more 1000 5 coin sets might just put me off.