• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

886 from the Royal Mint

Just now, GoldDiggerDave said:

FFS.......What's the waiting time for coins going to be once they launch this crock.  

21.264 cart gold..   886?  

I know it's the scrap out of the iPhones they are melting down!!!!! 

If every item of jewelry weighs 1 or 2 ounces, then we know what's really going on with all those returns!

The original London Mint started in 886AD so it's an interesting reference, I wonder how many who will buy any of this jewellery will get or care about that though? Funny thing for them to invest in, but then maybe they're projecting a big uptake in all precious metal buying going forward, not just bullion/proof coins. I bet the purchase premiums will be immense though so can't see it working as a savings mechanism.

Edited by Arganto
Changed 'an' to 'a'

The RM has released jewellery in the past so this isn’t a completely new foray for them.

I remember a few years back they had cuff links, tie bars, and money clips for men, and earrings, rings, and pendants / necklaces for women.

Yes the premiums were high, but that’s the case for all jewellery. They will probably be targeting the same demographics that buy jewellery anyway.

11 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

On a serious note, I really enjoyed this video. I love how the edge inscription is preserved too.

New found respect ,for the effort that goes into one ring.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

58 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

bullion grade jewellery.

It would never happen but it would be nifty if they did what some cultures do and knock out 22ct low premium chains and such as an alternative to stacking coins. Come the zombie apocalypse it would be much easier to escape the house looking like Mr T's flamboyant cousin than hauling around a big ol' sack full of sovereigns...

5 hours ago, Arganto said:

The original London Mint started in 886AD so it's an interesting reference, I wonder how many who will buy any of this jewellery will get or care about that though? Funny thing for them to invest in, but then maybe they're projecting a big uptake in all precious metal buying going forward, not just bullion/proof coins. I bet the purchase premiums will be immense though so can't see it working as a savings mechanism.

@GoldDiggerDave

The Royal Mint doesn’t just make objects:
It makes memories and values which can be passed down through generations.

Yes it does.  Generally it makes bad memories, and passes down the values of not giving two figs about quality or indeed the purchasing experience.

886?  404 more like 😁

The RM have delved into the jewellery business before - usually with coin themed objects. I purchased the Queens Beasts (lion, dragon and unicorn) and Britannia cufflinks and tie-pins a couple of years ago - they were all for sale at 50% off. I can only assume that there was no demand. Not sure what's changed now.

Just can't see this working.  Unless they are going to try and copy Pandora business mode, sell loads of cheap silver tat pretend it's exclusive and charge a fortune for something that will be lucky to get 10% back as scrap.