• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How will silver help against CBDC’s

Organics

16 hours ago, Dankanugget said:

Will transactions be asked in metals as you won’t want to go back to cash as some are presuming?

Well this could run into some problems itself. When Roosevelt took the US off of gold in 1933-34, not only was private ownership of gold prohibited, but more importantly for your question above 'gold contacts' - i.e. transactions involving swapping precious metal for goods/services/land and settling debts were banned also.

On 29/10/2022 at 10:21, SidS said:

Well this could run into some problems itself. When Roosevelt took the US off of gold in 1933-34, not only was private ownership of gold prohibited, but more importantly for your question above 'gold contacts' - i.e. transactions involving swapping precious metal for goods/services/land and settling debts were banned also.

So......given new technology and mindset of our rulers, then stacking gold/silver may turn out to be a total waste of time and money.......

4 minutes ago, excollier said:

So......given new technology and mindset of our rulers, then stacking gold/silver may turn out to be a total waste of time and money.......

If you invest via ETFs or physical using a vault then you would be scuppered. Only physical metals are safe(r).

33 minutes ago, SidS said:

Physical gold and silver has always and will always be real money. No contest, but you already know that 😉

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

Long thread and I haven't read it all, I'll just answer the thread title...

Unfortunately, the sheep will go with officialdom's current invention, it will be rubber stamped with ministerial press conferences and even a Royal Coat of Arms to make it ooze even more authority. That still means silver helps US as a saving method long as it retains monetary value.

What I'm worried about is the abolishment of paper cash (gold & silver used to be real cash, BTW), which means CBDCs will now know how much silver you have sold, as well as how much new silver you buy from now on. Perhaps if silver was to go fractal, we can conceivably use it to buy coffee and shoes from willing shops, and even run businesses with silver as payment. Alternative currencies are practised in parts of the UK, you might be interested to know:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_community_currencies_in_the_United_Kingdom

Edited by bluemoon

41 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

Perhaps if silver was to go fractal, we can conceivably use it to buy coffee and shoes from willing shops, and even run businesses with silver as payment

Silver is fractional hence the price in grams/ounces/kilo,s 

I posted this somewhere else 

but a good video nonetheless

https://www.bitchute.com/video/9GmP2Ei5WFBk/ 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

16 hours ago, gji25 said:

Silver is fractional hence the price in grams/ounces/kilo,s 

I make a gram of silver to be about 59p. Possibly doable as a currency if we wanted to do it. Not sure how we'd carry something so small in our wallets, maybe if it was coated around a copper or nickel coin.

Edited by bluemoon

19 hours ago, gji25 said:

Physical gold and silver has always and will always be real money. No contest, but you already know that 😉

Yes, but seeing what FDR did in 1933, owning it or trying to spend it could land us in jail. Don't get me wrong, I understand the value of physical possession over etf or vaulting, they will have to come and physically take it, but that will be ugly.....they have all this well planned.

2 hours ago, excollier said:

Yes, but seeing what FDR did in 1933, owning it or trying to spend it could land us in jail. Don't get me wrong, I understand the value of physical possession over etf or vaulting, they will have to come and physically take it, but that will be ugly.....they have all this well planned.

I've spoken to local farmers and a local car mechanic about silver. Both would be willing to exchange their services for a silver coin or two.

Don’t worry about it. History shows that when the chips are down people will accept PMs or other barterable items like cigarettes, alcohol or chocolate. They even do it now in countries like Venezuela rather than use their own currency.

Edited by EdwardTeach

People already trade & more people than you think would be prepared to trade in silver.

Last time I got work done in the garden, I paid with a new pressure canner.

I had a spare one & the guys wife wanted a canner.
They even threw in a dozen fresh duck eggs as the canner was worth more than the work he did.

That's in a city too, so it's not just rural trading that happens.

That something is prohibited doesn’t necessarily mean that people stop doing it. A prohibition against holding and using silver and gold in barter trade would be very hard to enforce. Exchanging silver or gold coins for goods and services can be done without any third party knowing about it, and what they cannot know they cannot prevent, control, or tax. The authorities hate barter because they cannot track it or collect taxes, but barter has always existed and will always exist. All countries have underground economies, and such markets will only grow the more the restrictive rules the authorities will impose.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

11 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I'm hoping BTC will take another big drop over the next year or two so I can buy some at a good price. Some crypto (along with some precious metals) could make a good diversity hedge outside of the government controlled banking system.

Edited by EdwardTeach

1 minute ago, EdwardTeach said:

I'm hoping BTC will take another big drop over the next year or two so I can buy some at a good price.

Yes i dont think it we be back to ordering pizza levels mind 

On 01/11/2022 at 08:14, bluemoon said:

I make a gram of silver to be about 59p. Possibly doable as a currency if we wanted to do it. Not sure how we'd carry something so small in our wallets, maybe if it was coated around a copper or nickel coin.

thats how you carry it around in your pocket 🤣

combicoin.jpg

if/when cash goes, then after that it all goes CBDC your stash will be technically worth whats 'they' say it is.   but of course it will be worth much more.. also the rest of the world won't be following this trend. especially places like India and china.

hide it well  

On 23/03/2022 at 17:48, Organics said:

Hi All 👋

It’s a bit of a long one. So apologies in advance 🤦‍♂️.

I’ve been stacking for a little over two years now (basically since “this” all started). The other day I was talking to friend of mine (who’s heavily into crypto) and he asked me why I do it. I explained that I don’t do it as an “investment” or to “get rich quick”. I stack for several reasons. Savings, hedge against inflation, wealth preservation, staying out of the system and a protection against a financial meltdown. However I also added that I like the fact that there’s no third party liability (if you don’t hold it, you don’t own it, as the saying goes) and if (as is happening to many around the world right now for no apparent reason) my bank decides to press a button and freeze my account, I still have a way to feed my family. Sell some bullion to get cash and buy food, pay bills, etc. He understood this and thought it all made sense.
However he asked me a question that I couldn’t answer and one that I’m putting out there for some responses. He asked me what I would do when CBDC’s are introduced and cash is taken out of society. He acknowledges that I’ll still have the bullion to sell, but if cash doesn’t exist and banks are controlling what people can spend or not spend their money on (or even freezing accounts if you’re “not following the rules”), how will having bullion help? I can still sell my bullion but the money would go into a bank account that’s highly controlled and I’m back in the system. Now I did say that I’d use my silver as a form of bartering to pay for goods or services, but that’s going to take time and in a relatively poor western country like Portugal, I don’t think it’s going to be easy. If I was in the U.K, USA, or one of the other more affluent European countries, I think the barter system would be a possibility. I said I’d come back to him once I had a chance to think 🤔

Would love to hear some opinions. 

🙏🙏🙏

If i personally were to go down the route of bartering then i would have a bit of silver a bit of gold and a cunning plan.

I have a small garden at the rear of my garden so if everything went digital i would stay in the system so the banks stay away i'd grow veg, some fruit trees and keep chickens. I'd sell a few well chosen pieces that i would have to salvage from a boating accident, buy a hen coop and a run but i'd buy an egg incubator and start a egg farm with a few chickens as a side hustle. Would the government of the day be worried or concerned about a few eggs and some apples n pears?

With a wee bit of planning a few oz of silver and 1 or 2 oz of gold you can be looking at rich pickings.

Silver and gold will not save you against CBDC's.    And I'm saying this as someone who hates the idea of CBDC's and holds PM's.     You will not be able to escape the total control of CBDC's no matter how much you protest or don't like it, CBDC is 100% total control,   you will either have to comply or be kicked out of the system.   Try and spend a 1oz silver round today anywhere even if you try and spend £1.50 for example and you give them something thats worth about £18 99.99% of people would refuse the transaction as they don't know what it is,  if it's a British coin you could try and pass it off as £2 the face value but in almost all cases most will not accept it.   Yet when this whole encompasses new system kicks in all because you don't like it the masses will start to take silver?..........You are dreaming, it's like saying silver will go to the moon we have all herd that BS when it's plain for everyone to see it has not keep up with inflation, yet you still cling to the idea it will save you or make you rich.......Time to wake up folks!   Those magic beans you have been buying are not magic.     What this looks like is wishful thinking you have bought into PM's and you want to dream up scenarios to justify your purchase.   

I openly challenge anyone  in a barter situation I can barter cigarettes, alcohol, and medicine far more easily than you can with bars of silver.

41 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Silver and gold will not save you against CBDC's.    And I'm saying this as someone who hates the idea of CBDC's and holds PM's.     You will not be able to escape the total control of CBDC's no matter how much you protest or don't like it, CBDC is 100% total control,   you will either have to comply or be kicked out of the system.   Try and spend a 1oz silver round today anywhere even if you try and spend £1.50 for example and you give them something thats worth about £18 99.99% of people would refuse the transaction as they don't know what it is,  if it's a British coin you could try and pass it off as £2 the face value but in almost all cases most will not accept it.   Yet when this whole encompasses new system kicks in all because you don't like it the masses will start to take silver?..........You are dreaming, it's like saying silver will go to the moon we have all herd that BS when it's plain for everyone to see it has not keep up with inflation, yet you still cling to the idea it will save you or make you rich.......Time to wake up folks!   Those magic beans you have been buying are not magic.     What this looks like is wishful thinking you have bought into PM's and you want to dream up scenarios to justify your purchase.   

I openly challenge anyone  in a barter situation I can barter cigarettes, alcohol, and medicine far more easily than you can with bars of silver.

SPot on, one of the reasons I have started brewing.