• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How will silver help against CBDC’s

Organics

4 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

I'm a registered keeper of a car which I don't own... My father-in-law passed away last year, and when I informed the DVLA and completed the required form, became the registered keeper of his car.

Ownership can only be transferred, once probate has been granted and the executor does their thing...

Yes, there is a limbo period, like purgatory. There is always an owner, in this instance, it is the estate which, in the event of intestacy and no issue, will revert to the state.

Edited by HillWalkerDundee

3 hours ago, goldsilverdash said:

I don't disagree with that, I understand the benefit of an "analog" way of payment. Indeed, it is part of why I stack silver and fractional gold coins, for barter. And I don't wish that cash goes away before there are better alternatives in place. All I'm saying is that those of us who believe in financial freedom and privacy should take a more proactive approach than just hoping that cash will stay, because the "cashless society" is probably coming and we better be ready.

I can see the gov not banning cash but making it costly for business to handle. Almost as if their is an alternative but we would prefer you to use the other one. There could be a section of society that are missed during the change over like the homeless, charity collectors, elderly and preppers. If it would be possible in the future just to download the wallet and use it without needing identification and an address then I feel the system would be an improvement on our fiat one but I just can't see it happening. At some point the gov are going to want to know where that money is coming from, currently we are at the point where we are witnessing crypto evolve, go back 10 years and it was only drug dealers, nerds and hit men that would use it and now countries, hedge funds and the future generation (and a few of us oldies) are adopting it. 

To be financially free may not be to do with the payment method and more to do with not having debt and bills to pay. The majority of society have the majority of their monthly money leaving their account for mortgages, rent, water ,gas ,elec, tax ect and these would probably need to be paid in a cbdc and would be free to use and simple to use for it to work. 

23 hours ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

I thought that the difference was clear. There certainly doesn't have to be a financial security as the text refers to purchase or gift. An interpretation (and I never like those) is provided here https://www.autoexpress.co.uk . The emphasis on the keeper is simply that speeding fines, accidents, criminality are levied against the keeper - the person who would normally drive the vehicle.

Im not saying you are wrong here but autoexpress is not the law. What is the statutory law behind "owner" and "keeper"

5 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

I can see the gov not banning cash but making it costly for business to handle. Almost as if their is an alternative but we would prefer you to use the other one. There could be a section of society that are missed during the change over like the homeless, charity collectors, elderly and preppers. If it would be possible in the future just to download the wallet and use it without needing identification and an address then I feel the system would be an improvement on our fiat one but I just can't see it happening. At some point the gov are going to want to know where that money is coming from, currently we are at the point where we are witnessing crypto evolve, go back 10 years and it was only drug dealers, nerds and hit men that would use it and now countries, hedge funds and the future generation (and a few of us oldies) are adopting it. 

To be financially free may not be to do with the payment method and more to do with not having debt and bills to pay. The majority of society have the majority of their monthly money leaving their account for mortgages, rent, water ,gas ,elec, tax ect and these would probably need to be paid in a cbdc and would be free to use and simple to use for it to work. 

They can make undesirable like, for example, by telling you that there is a deadly virus that can spread when you touch items, so that everyone switches to card for their own safety, to the point that some businesses find comfortable the idea of not having to collect big lump of cash, hold and deposit them. At that point the cash is removed by virtue of businesses refusing them.

There are already several places around here that deal with a card only policy, I usually avoid them like the plague.

1 hour ago, Minimalist said:

Im not saying you are wrong here but autoexpress is not the law. What is the statutory law behind "owner" and "keeper"

Autoexpress was a simple to understand snippet. I pointed you to the law on the DVLA web site but you seemed to cast doubt on their understanding of the legalities.

9 hours ago, goldsilverdash said:

those of us who believe in financial freedom and privacy should take a more proactive approach than just hoping that cash will stay, because the "cashless society" is probably coming and we better be ready.

It willl become like porridge, where fags, loo roll, chocolates and a tin of pineapple become currency. I remember the start of car booting and the government getting in atizzy and wanting regulation, worrying they were not getting their cut, and maybe worried that the plebs might get ideas about how they did not need the political class to get a better . People have an awareness of priorities and would do very well if government and bureaucracy just went away.

32 minutes ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Autoexpress was a simple to understand snippet. I pointed you to the law on the DVLA web site but you seemed to cast doubt on their understanding of the legalities.

It literally says on the gov website that the legal obligation is only through the V5C - that is to register an owner of a vehicle

link below

What what I am reading on the gov website is that if a car is produced or imported within the UK, it gets "registered" through a V55/4 or V55/5 form for tax purposes/obligations only within the UK jurisdiction. For used cars, we "register" through the V5C form for only tax purposes. No form indicates ownership.

@HillWalkerDundee

1 hour ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

They can make undesirable like, for example, by telling you that there is a deadly virus that can spread when you touch items, so that everyone switches to card for their own safety, to the point that some businesses find comfortable the idea of not having to collect big lump of cash, hold and deposit them. At that point the cash is removed by virtue of businesses refusing them.

There are already several places around here that deal with a card only policy, I usually avoid them like the plague.

I was thinking more like charging you to deposit it into the bank.

18 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

here is a V5C form (im assuming we all know this) "NOT PROOF OF OWNERSHIP"

This how corrupt our system is that the common man does no know what these terms mean, it is very much like if when you "at the wheel - are you a driver or atraveller? They are actually differences, but the legal system wants you as a driver as this is a commercial activity.

22 minutes ago, ady said:

This how corrupt our system is that the common man does no know what these terms mean, it is very much like if when you "at the wheel - are you a driver or atraveller? They are actually differences, but the legal system wants you as a driver as this is a commercial activity.

I was genuinely under the impression most people knew this as it literally states this on the V5C form. Even when its blatant, its still not enough for people to figure it out. Astounding tbh.

1 minute ago, Minimalist said:

I was genuinely under the impression most people knew this as it literally states this on the V5C form. Even when its blatant, its still not enough for people to figure it out. Astounding tbh.

Unfortunately everyone likes ( or convinced to think ) admiralty law is how we should be governed.

It’s not rocket science? If someone steals your vehicle and you are silly enough to leave paperwork in it, then even though it may make it easier for them to get rid of it, but proves nothing.

Just remind me next time not to get into a discussion on this board. The DVLA, a Government Agency, spells out the law that they live by day in, day out, week in, week out, year in, year out. But, apparently, they are wrong according to the superior experts here. Nobody, not even the DVLA, says that the VSC form is proof of ownership. The fact that there is always an owner seems to be in dispute, apparently, ownership can be dipped in and out of and, for the rest of the time, it just floats in the ether. I will let you carry on with this. 

1 hour ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Just remind me next time not to get into a discussion on this board. The DVLA, a Government Agency, spells out the law that they live by day in, day out, week in, week out, year in, year out. But, apparently, they are wrong according to the superior experts here. Nobody, not even the DVLA, says that the VSC form is proof of ownership. The fact that there is always an owner seems to be in dispute, apparently, ownership can be dipped in and out of and, for the rest of the time, it just floats in the ether. I will let you carry on with this. 

Im asking where there is a form to prove ownership. What you on about?