• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tudor beasts 2oz lion bullion??

Fishface220

Just saw this on one of the FB groups. 

Lion not panther 1st then??

(( Release schedule will be different for each metal type - Proof has its own schedule, Bullion has its own schedule and 10 oz will have its own schedule))

Tudor Beasts No. One - Lion of England

2022 Royal Mint 2 oz Tudor Beasts - Lion of England Bullion 9999 Silver Coin 

FF66C8BE-8366-483C-AE1C-3244A45B9217.jpeg

Edited by Fishface220

1 hour ago, DHD2020 said:

Does it Look better in gold or just more angry?Untitled.png.1ac78426fd7eb159309061149ea7f268.png

I think it looks better in gold but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that in nature Lions are essentially gold in color. Kinda like how a silver Koala just looks natural as can be but it wouldn't look so in gold.

23 minutes ago, AgCoyote said:

I think it looks better in gold but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that in nature Lions are essentially gold in color. Kinda like how a silver Koala just looks natural as can be but it wouldn't look so in gold.

"... silver or platinum Koala..."

I can’t understand why RM don’t release these in bullion in order.

Is there a reason why?

Surely they would create more demand by releasing the proof versions then the bullion of for example, The Seymour Panther in proof followed by the bullion. Then The Lion of England proof releases followed by the bullion.

7 hours ago, Foster88 said:

I can’t understand why RM don’t release these in bullion in order.

Is there a reason why?

Surely they would create more demand by releasing the proof versions then the bullion of for example, The Seymour Panther in proof followed by the bullion. Then The Lion of England proof releases followed by the bullion.

They did the same with the Queens Beast. The Griffin Proof and bullion were released 4 years apart!

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

Liked it enough to order the 1/4 gold with our Belgian friends during yesterday's dip: https://goldsilver.be/nl/goud/9014-uk-14-oz-gold-tudor-beasts-the-lion-of-england-2022-bu-25.html

Probably will still take a while before it will actually become available, but I'm not in a rush. Gives me the time to place another order or two in due course, long live GSBE's storage possibility. :)

And otherwise it also seems to be available with our Polish friends (and apparently ready to ship in 33 days): https://www.metalmarket.eu/en/products/the-royal-tudor-beasts-lion-of-england-1-4-oz-gold-2022-5927.html?rec=302854109

*edit* Woops, just saw I posted this in the thread in the Silver sub forum rather than in the thread in the General Precious Metals sub forum. Sorry...

Edited by FunkyChicken

I am still undecided about whether to buy into this series.  I don't think that Tudor Beasts Lion of England is anywhere near as nice as the Queen's Beasts Lion of England design, and I wasn't keen on the Seymour Panther design either.

If I do commit, I would then aim to buy all ten in 1/4 oz gold and all 10 in 1 oz gold, so it will be a very expensive commitment over the next four year, and one that I will probably look to hedge at or near today's gold spot price.  Still very much on the fence but currently more likely to pass than to commit.

I reserve the right to change my mind 😉

18 hours ago, Stuntman said:

I am still undecided about whether to buy into this series.  I don't think that Tudor Beasts Lion of England is anywhere near as nice as the Queen's Beasts Lion of England design, and I wasn't keen on the Seymour Panther design either.

If I do commit, I would then aim to buy all ten in 1/4 oz gold and all 10 in 1 oz gold, so it will be a very expensive commitment over the next four year, and one that I will probably look to hedge at or near today's gold spot price.  Still very much on the fence but currently more likely to pass than to commit.

I reserve the right to change my mind 😉

Next week is the new proof coming out … the lion, the first bullion will also be the lion. I believe it wasn’t until the second queens beast came out that they started with the bullion ones.

FYI, was looking to order 4 X 2oz Ag bullion. RM wanted £260ish delivered. Chards charged me £240ish delivered although not in stock yet and we are looking at March. Worth 20quid wait to me🤷🤷. Just a heads up

2 hours ago, FFposh said:

FYI, was looking to order 4 X 2oz Ag bullion. RM wanted £260ish delivered. Chards charged me £240ish delivered although not in stock yet and we are looking at March. Worth 20quid wait to me🤷🤷. Just a heads up

Yeah the royal mint like to whack on a nice cut up to other dealers... 

I’m always happy to wait if it brings my £ per oz average down. 

I took the plunge this afternoon and ordered a 1 oz Lion from Sharps Pixley and a 2 oz silver from Atkinsons after shopping around the usual suspects.
That's me committed now - 10 oz silver and platinum to follow, but we might all be under a metre of dust if WW III kicks-off so what the heck !!