• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New bullion coin from Spain

sori

3 hours ago, SilverStorm said:

I wonder which online bullion dealer will sell this coin?  🤔

The online german company Degussa is selding the money right now, he has a online shop in english. The online shop of the FNMT will sell the coin from 1st december https://tienda.fnmt.es/fnmttv/

And there are other sellers also, for sure. The problem is that there are only 12000 coins this first year.

Spanish collectors thinks that if this coin is successful, the first edition of 2021 will go up in price in the future.

18 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Is it a private mint?    1,5 euro seems a very low amount on a 1oz gold coin 

It's the Spanish Royal Mint. And the denomination is a joke. Of course denomination on buillon coins does not really matter as such, but how do they want to create a valuable and sought after coin if the first perception you get is seeing 1,5 euro value? Not good decision in my opinion...

30 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

That seems rather a good question. It doesn't look anything like traditional Spanish coins. Not that I am an expert on the modern ones: my knowledge starts in the mid 18th century and ends in the late 19th century.

2 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

The FNMT is the official Spanish Royal Mint. There has been controversy over the value of 1.5 euros, the explanation given by the FNMT is that by Spanish law, it has to deliver to the Bank of Spain the same amount in euros that is indicated in each currency it issues. If the coin is worth 100, it gives the Bank of Spain 100 euros, if it is worth 1.5 it gives it 1.5. In this case, the value of the currency is determined by its weight in gold and not by the face value and the FNMT has chosen a very low value to make it clear that it is only a symbolic value. I did not like it, but that was the decision of the FNMT.

Do you know the Money Heist series? In this series, the most watched of its time on Netflix, thieves rob the FNMT. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_Heist

The FNMT web site: https://www.fnmt.es/en/home

In the video2:27
Is the bounce power at the moment when the coin imprinting is complete...
Or is it normal, but my fantasy has always been that they picked it up carefully...🤣🤣🤣🤣

Looks very nice. The history of Spain, dating back to the Carthaginians and Romans to exploring the New World ,has been shaped by precious metals more than any other country. It's about time the Spanish had a bullion coin. I would love to see more variety than the mints we have(Hoping for Swiss, Italian, Japanese to make bullion coins and for the Russians to be more active) The pieces of eight design is so beautiful and iconic.

Will this be available to US investors and will there be a silver version?

Edited by AgCoyote

1 hour ago, AgCoyote said:

Looks very nice. The history of Spain, dating back to the Carthaginians and Romans to exploring the New World ,has been shaped by precious metals more than any other country. It's about time the Spanish had a bullion coin. I would love to see more variety than the mints we have(Hoping for Swiss, Italian, Japanese to make bullion coins and for the Russians to be more active) The pieces of eight design is so beautiful and iconic.

I have many Japanese gold coins
But except for some special occasions such as EXPO 311 earthquake treasury bonds, Olympics, etc., they are issued almost every 10 years, so you can’t expect them to be more.

9 hours ago, Centauri167 said:

Marketing it is 100%, a new member and all his postings are about this coin ...

For me it is a big NO GO, but that is just my opinion.

I am not the FNMT, I am a normal user and I have registered in the fórum and I have opened this thread because I want to know the oppinions of investors in gold from other countries. I already know what the Spanish investors thinks
Edited by sori

7 hours ago, AgCoyote said:

I do not know, I suppose that if you order them from a seller in the United States, he can get it, since the sale is free.You can buy online also. The problem is that the first edition only has 12,000 copies.
If successful, it will be end soon and I think that is the intention of the fnmt.

I Don’t know about Silver versión,not this year for sure.
sorry, I'm copying Google Translator in my cell phone and it writes me very large font
Edited by sori