• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New bullion coin from Spain

sori

Que quiero decir es que el valor nominal es estraño. Por este razón es algo un poco raro y curioso. Y también que hay pocos fabricados en el primer año. El valor intrínseco es igual que cualquier onza troy de oro. 

El nombre "lince ibérico" es bueno. Me gusta el nombre Lince Dorado pero el es un luchador mexicano.

Translation- 

What I wanted to say is the nominal value is strange. For that reason it's something a bit rare and curious. Also there are few minted in this first year. The intrinsic value is the same as any ozt of gold.

The name iberian lynx is good. I like the name Golden Lynx but he is a Mexican wrestler.

Edited by sjhdesmond
Translation

Here a review of the coin. The video is in Spanish, but on YouTube you can choose English subtitles. The video is not made by me.

Edited by sori

18 hours ago, xthomasx said:

12000 is a hell lot. I guess they will not sell out too fast. 

I don't know. In Spanish numismatic forums it is said that the coin is selling well and it is said that a group is already destined for sellers from the United States as well. I cannot confirm it, the FNMT has not said anything officially.

I like it, weird denomination but I find that a fun quirk. Not sure why there's a lynx on it if it's spains first bullion coin, I'd have thought something like the sagrada familia, a monarch, a bull or possibly a brit being sick after 10 pints of San Miguel may be an image more representative of the country?

18 hours ago, apachebleu said:

I like it, weird denomination but I find that a fun quirk. Not sure why there's a lynx on it if it's spains first bullion coin, I'd have thought something like the sagrada familia, a monarch, a bull or possibly a brit being sick after 10 pints of San Miguel may be an image more representative of the country?

Why are you asking me so many questions? Why so curious? I did not expect this Spanish Inquisition!

6a248517c2e6a05607ca53c07db165a3.jpg

I think that the Iberian lynx is a good option. Most people do not like coins with the face of a king who is not the king of their country, there are even those who do not like the face of the king or queen of their country. The bull is discarded immediately because it has the problem that there are many people in Spain who hate bullfighting and the English drunk of San Miguel beer (very good idea, I think) has the problem that it would be to advertise a specific brand and the other manufacturers would get angry .
The Iberian lynx is a very rare animal on which a lot of money is being spent to preserve it. Even the few lynxes now in Portugal have been reintroduced by the Spanish government.

I like the design, the value of 1.5 euros does not, but the rest yes and I am curious to see if it also likes the rest of the world.

Edited by sori

For those who live in the United States, the Kagins firm has achieved the exclusivity of the sale of the coin there. The case is that the price of the currency in Spain is set by law (Spot + 10%), but not in the rest of the world and you can see that the Kagin firm values the currency differently. In Spain there are already places where the currency has been used up.

https://www.kagins.com/inventory/coins/modern-coins.html

On 03/12/2021 at 02:01, apachebleu said:

This lynx is endemic to the iberian peninsula so very representative

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
24 minutes ago, JJH said:

The last release was towards the end of the year. why so early this time

Really I don t know, but the FNMT made the official announcement of the Lince last year in August, and started selling it in December. This year they announced the bull in July and I assume that they will start arriving in the shops in October or November. It is better this way, so that the 2022 coin can actually be bought in 2022. The maximum mintage, will be 15,000, considerably more than the Lince, a sign that the FNMT is confident that the coin will be a success.

Edited by sori