• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

HMRC Trawling for Sellers using Social Media

Came across this earlier today in a blog -

"HMRC probably knows more about you financially than you do!"
When it comes to social media, HMRC apparently scrapes public-facing social media websites.
If your Facebook profile is set to public and is listed in the likes of Google, you may not want to be posting about your expensive five-star holiday if you have any tax arrears.

Any micro-business using social media to sell their products and services from the kitchen table better make themselves aware to HMRC because Facebook pages are public, and they will find out what you're up to, then figure out how much money you're making.

Hmmm well after my tragic boating accident i need a rebate.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Indeed its true, mate of mine if a DEFRA investigator and he spends one day a week on ebay looking for people selling unlicenced/fake vets medicines, they buy one and as soon as it arrives to the PO Box they make the arrest.. 

Just now, Gordy said:

Indeed its true, mate of mine if a DEFRA investigator and he spends one day a week on ebay looking for people selling unlicenced/fake vets medicines, they buy one and as soon as it arrives to the PO Box they make the arrest.. 

may i also add that every single insurance company out there have a dedicated fraud department looking at social media for posts following P.I claims... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

I have often been accused of too much of a rule follower - but lets be quite honest, HMRC are always in the know about what is meant to be paid to them and they will always catch you in time. 

Anyone who fudges the rules or their own books to make themselves pay less tax than they should is just asking for trouble. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

HMRC have more legal powers than the police and the armed forces. They are right up the top of the tree, in the stakes to poke people right up the fartpipe!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

They (HMRC) have to prove it first.

Pretty stupid to rely on this. 

Also, last thing I would want (and I would imagine lots of people too) is to have to defend yourself in court over this kind of situation. 

Just abide by the law and pay taxes honestly, is it that hard to do?

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Pretty stupid to rely on this. 

Also, last thing I would want (and I would imagine lots of people too) is to have to defend yourself in court over this kind of situation. 

Just abide by the law and pay taxes honestly, is it that hard to do?

self employed since coming out of the protection bubble of HM since 1988 and never fell foul of the taxman or even worse the VAT MAN (He has mighty claws) .. ypu break the law and get caught you deal with the fall out... just ask Lester Piggott about tax evasion 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

36 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I have often been accused of too much of a rule follower - but lets be quite honest, HMRC are always in the know about what is meant to be paid to them and they will always catch you in time. 

Anyone who fudges the rules or their own books to make themselves pay less tax than they should is just asking for trouble. 

True.... but when they can arbitrarily change laws and retrospectively go back and get taxes I think its criminal... 🙂 .... I wish I could go back and do that sometimes

20 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

They (HMRC) have to prove it first.

Have you had any contact with a HMRC investigation?  They are ruthless. They have the power to demand every detail and proof of your income and expenditure, down to everything you spend of food etc, you name it. If it doesn't add up you are in the crapper.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Just now, Minimalist said:

Are you insinuating I dont?

Not at all, the comment was directed at those that do not. 

Just now, sovereignsteve said:

Have you had any contact with a HMRC investigation?  They are ruthless. They have the power to demand every detail and proof of your income and expenditure, down to everything you spend of food etc, you name it. If it doesn't add up you are in the crapper.

No, I pay what I declare.

33 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

No, I pay what I declare.

Not caught you on the pandora papers yet then mate?😜

Eating filet minion, with a side of haggis everyday with your monocle and cravat on, sat in your castle in the Kingdom of Fife? 

I bet you even have gundogs, a few throughbred Scottish terriers directly from ya mate liz in buck palace. 

Ive got ya number son! your cards are marked!😁

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Not caught you on the pandora papers yet then mate?😜

Eating filet minion, with a side of haggis everyday with your monocle and cravat on, sat in your castle in the Kingdom of Fife? 

I bet you even have gundogs, a few throughbred Scottish terriers directly from ya mate liz in buck palace. 

Ive got ya number son! your cards are marked!😁

Hahahahaha

Fife is close as im in the East Coast 😆

No word of a lie every time I drive by it I give her palace the fingers. Its a disgrace! hahaha

Taxes are actually a bi product of a failed economic system, and the higher they go, the more failed the system is. If you didnt have central banks you wouldnt have taxes. We dont have central IT workers, we dont have central anything else except the central line that runs through london, Think long and hard about that!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

11 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Good. People who fiddle their taxes should have the decency to spend proceeds on the quiet, otherwise deserve anything coming to them.  

I agree. The multinationals and British monarchy should do more. I am sick of paying my share. 

3 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Taxes are actually a bi product of a failed economic system, and the higher they go, the more failed the system is. If you didnt have central banks you wouldnt have taxes. We dont have central IT workers, we dont have central anything else except the central line that runs through london, Think long and hard about that!

There have always been taxes with or without central banks. They are a consequence of governement, whatever form.  Now, there are taxes that come from poor economic principles, thats a very different case.  

25 minutes ago, Martlet said:

There have always been taxes with or without central banks. They are a consequence of governement, whatever form.  Now, there are taxes that come from poor economic principles, thats a very different case.  

You're missing my point. If we had a sound economic system based on sound money, ie Mises, not the Keynesian drivel. Debt wouldnt be around and there would be no need to for anyone to pay taxes. Public Services would be treated as a business and therefore self sufficent and everyone prospers. The top 1% dont pay taxes - the game is rigged!

23 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

You're missing my point. If we had a sound economic system based on sound money, ie Mises, not the Keynesian drivel. Debt wouldnt be around and there would be no need to for anyone to pay taxes. Public Services would be treated as a business and therefore self sufficent and everyone prospers. The top 1% dont pay taxes - the game is rigged!

Your wasting your time, mate. This Keynesian nonsense is everywhere, its conditioned, regurgitated and became the primary mental process to understand the economy and history of money. Its incredible. I wouldnt mind paying tariffs for public services but war and financial services would need the consent of the people through bonds (not going to happen because thats predicated on keynesianism).

32 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

:wacko: Public services without any public funding from taxation?  Private roads, private police, private fire brigade, private refuse collection?  Schools, health, army all run as a business?  Does not sound like much fun, and nothing ecomomically sound about that. 

There's nothing "Keynesian" about having taxes and public expenditure, been going on forever.  This term seems thrown around as an insult without understanding what it is.  Certainly isnt what we have today, Keynes advocated paying back all the debt in short order after the economic stimulus had taken effect. 

Edited by Martlet

5 minutes ago, Martlet said:

:wacko: Public services without any public funding from taxation?  Private roads, private police, private fire brigade, private refuse collection?  schools, health, army all run as a business?  Does not sound like much fun, and nothing ecomomically sound about that. 

Its not the only option though as @Minimalist has mentioned a tarrif system could be a solution. The problem is the west doesnt now produce hardly anything now its all done in china. If we produced more goods and services we'd prosper, but we cant becuase we are enslaved in financial economic ponzi scheme. I gaurantee you the tariffs would be a lot cheaper if the mises model were adopted.