• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Crypto vs Gold

Hello all,

I recently unloaded a video on my YouTube channel, explaining how I had taken some profits from crypto & put them into gold. 

My question is do you hold crypto also or do you just prefer to have tangible investments?

When it comes to crypto I prefer the ones that are capped (eg. Bitcoin & Quant) as I feel these have the potential for the most growth. 

What are your thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Hunter87 said:

I don’t fully understand crypto. The risk of loosing my money scares the hell out of me so I avoid it like the plague. 

I believe - i.e. I don't know for sure but I think so - that you are right to avoid crypto. And so do many in the banking industry. O.K. they may be self-interested, but they could also be quite knowledgeable and prescient in this one respect. I don't entirely trust fiat money (though I keep some in my wallet), but I have even less faith in something intangible that seems to exist only in the ether or in the perhaps fevered minds of its devotees. Using that last word reminds me of all the false religions that have come and gone, after promising either heaven on earth or heaven itself to their believers, and ending either in bitter disillusionment or, sometimes, the slaughter of their adherents. 

5 minutes ago, Dan12345 said:

I'm new to crypto don't really have a clue what I'm doing yet. Would he amazing to make some profit to buy some gold.

I've got a nano s and some bitcoin but that's it at the moment

I would recommend looking into Quant & ADA. However I’m not a financial advisor so make sure you do your own research 🧐 

Cryptos are not my thing. Maybe sad, but it is, how it is. But why i didn't bought this 1 OZ gold coin , loaded with 1000 BTC, for under 5K$?

https://www.coinnews.net/2021/10/05/greatcollections-submits-48m-gold-1000-bitcoin-physical-coin-to-pcgs/

Purchased December 2011 for 4905€, worth now 48 million $...

9 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Cryptos are not my thing. Maybe sad, but it is, how it is. But why i didn't bought this 1 OZ gold coin , loaded with 1000 BTC, for under 5K$?

https://www.coinnews.net/2021/10/05/greatcollections-submits-48m-gold-1000-bitcoin-physical-coin-to-pcgs/

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

1 hour ago, dikefalos said:

Forgive my ignorance/stupidity, but does the coin actually have a value in 'real' bitcoin terms i.e. it goes up and down in value like bitcoin itself, not just the gold and, I assume, the numismatic rarity value? I suppose it must do, otherwise the price/value would seem insane. And if so, exactly how is or was it 'loaded' with bitcoin?

2 minutes ago, RDHC said:

Forgive my ignorance/stupidity, but does the coin actually have a value in 'real' bitcoin terms i.e. it goes up and down in value like bitcoin itself, not just the gold and, I assume, the numismatic rarity value? I suppose it must do, otherwise the price/value would seem insane. And if so, exactly how is or was it 'loaded' with bitcoin?

It’s basically a cold storage wallet that’s been loaded with bitcoins. So yes, the price would go up and down with the price of Bitcoin. 

2 hours ago, dikefalos said:

Got myself a couple of these....Well similar, just they have a measly .5 Litecoin on it! 

28A1CD2D-2952-40B1-B141-1C8404492A21.thumb.jpeg.8aaaf7621abc2454b02b1f086f379b42.jpeg

78av.gif

I do at this point have to say how happy I am to be a member of this forum were we talk with a great deal of respect about BTC and Gold without resorting to personal insults or criticism of each others approach.

I occasionally check what is being discussed on twitter with respect to Gold and BTC and to call it a sewer would be generous.  

Fights about BTC being the “new gold”, endless people telling those who don’t hold BTC “enjoy being poor”.  Calling people who don’t hold BTC “******* peasants”.

I shut down Twitter quickly, disgusted and click back to TSF.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

34 minutes ago, dicker said:

I do at this point have to say how happy I am to be a member of this forum were we talk with a great deal of respect about BTC and Gold without resorting to personal insults or criticism of each others approach.

I occasionally check what is being discussed on twitter with respect to Gold and BTC and to call it a sewer would be generous.  

Fights about BTC being the “new gold”, endless people telling those who don’t hold BTC “enjoy being poor”.  Calling people who don’t hold BTC “******* peasants”.

Best

Dicker

I think this is just all social media now days where no one is allowed there own opinion with out getting jumped on by people feeling brave behind there phones. It's very sad really and I distance myself from social media now days

I'm looking into buying some (fractional) bitcoin, put it into a cold storage wallet and putting that into my vault. Mainly for the novelty value.

I just have to invest the time to better understand the process of exchange. For the exit strategy. There are not too many easy bitcoin for dummies articles out there...

1 hour ago, dicker said:

Best

Dicker

Completely agree with this