• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

3 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

I have managed to get a silver kilo and i am eagerly waiting for it and having in hand will be probably awesome

I am not sure the kilo is a good performer as the 2ozs, but it is still a safe bet imho.

Did anybody consider getting these kilos ? It would be interesting to know opinions

I have one on order

1 minute ago, James32 said:

What price was the kilo rrp?

You might want to keep an eye on this to see what they are fetching currently 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284562426302

RRP is £2515 but I got it without VAT for £2095, I hope to pass through french customs (it happens sometimes)but last orders received from the RM were all taxed only at 5,5%, instead of 20%...I don't know why, however I did not put a claim to French Customs 😄 

1 minute ago, Frenchie said:

RRP is £2515 but I got it without VAT for £2095, I hope to pass through french customs (it happens sometimes)but last orders received from the RM were all taxed only at 5,5%, instead of 20%...I don't know why, however I did not put a claim to French Customs 😄 

I hope it slips through for you too🤞

I'd imagine that auction will go very close to £4000 if not more, still a healthy upside but most importantly what an impressive coin when it lands.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

22 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

I have managed to get a silver kilo and i am eagerly waiting for it and having in hand will be probably awesome

I am not sure the kilo is a good performer as the 2ozs, but it is still a safe bet imho.

Did anybody consider getting these kilos ? It would be interesting to know opinions

I am definitely growing to like the larger coins. 

Never had a kilo, the incoming 10oz will be the largest to date.

I would like to see a kilo in hand to see what's it's like.

I would also be interested in the RRP I don't think RM were selling them direct.

25 minutes ago, marston59 said:

This delay in posting out are items seems to be happening more and more. 

You are right. I can only assume operationally they can't cope with the constant new releases.

In this instance, you would have expected they knew it would be an immediate sell out.

I guess it they continue lots of new releases, it will become the norm.

36 minutes ago, MarkV said:

I think the damage was definitely during minting - there's another forum member with exactly the same ding which does sort of indicate some contamination of the press

Do NGC et al really ignore minting defects for grading? I never knew that but then again I'm a relative newbie

In theory, yes. They only consider post-production imperfections. It would all come down to the person(s) grading your coin and whether they deem it post-production.

If this imperfection is found on a number of coins, it is more likely to be identified as an issue with minting process after several of them have been graded. 

Sometimes submissions can surprise you for better or worse...

https://www.ngccoin.uk/coin-grading/grading-scale/

1 hour ago, SilverJacks said:

It does seem as though RM have some additional staff that aren't as well trained. I just spoke to one staff member that stated he would put a note on the system for me, without taking my name or details! He was in the process of saying goodbye when I had to ask if he wanted my account number. I doubt he ever did put the note on the system. Seems as though their standards are slipping. Rather disappointing since I used to think customer services was their strong point..

They will have your account populate the computer via your phone number usually. They should have confirmed your details right enough as mistakes can and are made. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

18 minutes ago, Stu said:

They will have your account populate the computer via your phone number usually. They should have confirmed your details right enough as mistakes can and are made. 

I do hope so. It's the first time I have not been asked for my details, and I've called a fair few times 😂.

It felt like I was being fobbed off. He was polite and all, but rather brief. I hadn't considered that he could identify via my phone number though.

Ok now I am on edge... I have been silently reading all these posts... my 2oz and 5oz are still in Open orders..... 🤪

5 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Dispatch notification for the 5 oz Silver for me!

OOOOH boy, cant wait!

Its like the last person in the "Santa" line at the mall... and seeing all the other kids get their pressies...

41 minutes ago, TringSilver said:

Free postage over £250 spend 

I should have known that!

A 5oz silver just went on ebay for £820. That's a decent price. 

The buyer only had 2 feedback, which was recent.

Edit. The seller only had 2 feedback that was supposed to say.

Edited by NewCoins

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

I should have known that!

A 5oz silver just went on ebay for £820. That's a decent price. 

The buyer only had 2 feedback, which was recent.

What was the rrp

2 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

555 .. got to say thats a bargain.... lower mintage then the 2oz and close to the others price... next year they won't be there

Yeah someone got a great deal 🙂

4 minutes ago, marston59 said:

Just phoned the Royal Mint, told no coins for me until 2022

I was told initially 22nd Jan. This was about 9.15 on release day. I have no idea why.

I rang them a few days later to confirm, and I was told I could get them anytime between now and 22nd Jan. 

I don't know what to believe, but as long as they arrive, without issue I will be happy.

8 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Just bagged a 2oz silver £500 

not sure I’ve done the right thing but hey ho it’s only money right folks 😅

That all depends...if you mean the 2oz gothic or the 2oz bullion completer coin😁