• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

Utterly flabbergasted at the design if it does end up being the true one!

They should've just scanned a picture of Donkey from Shrek and modified the head slightly to make it look like a "bull" and hey presto! Another cash cow avenue for them! Very disappointed. Let's see what the gold version looks like when the pictures come out soon. So far not convinced. 🙁

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

🤔

image.png.9943b1132f065aeb299905cfb1cd70e8.png

Like others have said that looks like the lions body. I'm not sure this really gels with my own mental image when I think about bulls, more like a happy dairy heiffer?

That said these tudor beasts are better in the metal and the weird designs do grow on you. I'll definitely be buying the reverse proof and gold 1oz bullion for the collection 

I think the appeal of this series is going to be its quirkiness.

All the beasts so far have something a bit queer about them, and if nothing else, they share this design aesthetic.

The complete set will definitely never reach the level of Jody Clark’s Queen’s Beasts series in class and elegance; but it will certainly be something weird and wonderful in its own funky way.

I’m no longer sure why I’m continuing with it - it must be a reflection of my own questionable personality. 😆

18 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I think the appeal of this series is going to be its quirkiness.

All the beasts so far have something a bit queer about them, and if nothing else, they share this design aesthetic.

The complete set will definitely never reach the level of Jody Clark’s Queen’s Beasts series in class and elegance; but it will certainly be something weird and wonderful in its own funky way.

I’m no longer sure why I’m continuing with it - it must be a reflection of my own questionable personality. 😆

I agree, each release was met with the same comedic response.

Camp lion

Party goat yale 

Now this 😆 half Lion half Bull...

But I expect like the rest, they will appear better on bullion and specifically gold bullion.

There's too much blank fields in the proofs for my liking compared to the added background of the bullion.

Ps, I haven't forgotten the three tongued panther lol, I'm just referring to bullion.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

The panther is my favourite from this series so far I have to admit 

There's another panther to come though still isn't there? 

I think so, and 2 dragons. 

So..

Panther 1

Panther 2

Dragon 1

Dragon 2

Lion 1

Lion 2

Bull

Greyhound 

unicorn 

Yale

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Ouch, we have some harsh critics among us.  Since these heraldic beasts are mythical I’m going to give the artists and engravers some artistic license in their creations and appreciate them for what they are.  The actual “beasts” at Hampton Court don’t look like anything you will see in real life either.  My 2 ounce subscription should be here shortly?

3 hours ago, Sc391 said:

Ouch, we have some harsh critics among us.  Since these heraldic beasts are mythical I’m going to give the artists and engravers some artistic license in their creations and appreciate them for what they are.  The actual “beasts” at Hampton Court don’t look like anything you will see in real life either.  My 2 ounce subscription should be here shortly?

Well I mean the yale is mythical ill give you that but a bull is just a big cow, not exactly something that sends the imagination on flights of fancy....

I am just being facetious of course. I do agree with you, the statues that inspire these are just plain weird so I expect the designs to be a long way from lifelike. I do wonder what they were smoking when they designed the statues though, I can imagine the sculptors room looking like a 1970's black sabbath recording session