• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

There’s only 1,000 of the 1 Oz reverse frosted proof as compared to 7,010 of the regular proof… which is why I think this is a nice set to have just for the reverse frosted version, besides the fact I do like the reverse frosted silver coins.

Have to agree with your sentiments @westminstrel - and looks like they have all gone - again!... unless they sneak some more stock in shortly, we shall see.

Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 9.43.39 am.png

Having bought a 1oz proof Seymour Panther when first released I have read all the negative comments about this release, then surprise, surprise, everyone jumping in to buy the new two coin set! I wonder how long most of you are actually going to keep them? Can’t beat a nice quick profit?

Out of interest, because its really quite annoying me....

Does anyone else always get redirected to the beta page of RM's website.

The navigation tabs on the beta are GARBAGE and to find anything I have to manually search!

Chrome seems to be the only browser redirecting me to beta, very annoying!

beta.thumb.jpg.4e92369deb17238201be4ba180dd378d.jpg

819825189_beta2.thumb.jpg.756437042b24bad18cbb178678c26267.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

The navigation tabs on the beta are GARBAGE and to find anything I have to manually search!

beta.thumb.jpg.4e92369deb17238201be4ba180dd378d.jpg

819825189_beta2.thumb.jpg.756437042b24bad18cbb178678c26267.jpg

Yes, I did on one of my devices. Not sure if I still do.

You will probably have something in local storage called beta tester or something like that. Does it also do it if you open an incognito tab?

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

I was getting redirected this morning when I first got onto the site - but I just pasted in a link that someone dropped in this thread earlier to the Seymour Panther page, and went from there...

Have to agree with the Beta Navigation comments! awful! - I build websites for a living, and if I'd done that for a client I'd get shot! 😲

10 minutes ago, Petra said:

Having bought a 1oz proof Seymour Panther when first released I have read all the negative comments about this release, then surprise, surprise, everyone jumping in to buy the new two coin set! I wonder how long most of you are actually going to keep them? Can’t beat a nice quick profit?

I don’t know about others, but my intent is to only collect these sets for the entire series - because they give me both variations of the finishes to enjoy.

I did buy the 1 Oz and 2 Oz silvers originally, but I will be selling them, and canceling my continuity options for both denominations.

I think the 2 Oz is redundant when you have a 1 Oz. I don’t care for the chunkiness of the 2 Oz personally.

I did the same for the British Monarchs. The 1 Oz silver is enough to satisfy me for the full series.

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Sorry bit behind on this series, is there a reverse frosted 1/4 oz gold set ? 

Nope. Just a 1 Oz silver reverse  frosted coin. 

9 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Yes, I did on one of my devices. Not sure if I still do.

You will probably have something in local storage called beta tester or something like that. Does it also do it if you open an incognito tab?

Yeah, it still happens with incognito and also when using a VPN.

Must be some setting within Chrome - I have tried blocking popups and autoredirects manually with chrome, to no help.

😞 

My inner OCD is ticking big time, very annoying!

6 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Sorry bit behind on this series, is there a reverse frosted 1/4 oz gold set ? 

I can't see one currently on the RM site @GoldDiggerDave - but I'm no expert on what they'll be offering, so there could be in the future maybe? 🤔

10 minutes ago, Petra said:

Yeah, I'm certainly a critic, even an hour or two ago calling it goofy but mintage of 1000 at a relatively cheap price made me say why not? Maybe the series will come good.

Don't plan on flipping it, doubt there will be any real profit in it 

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Must be some setting within Chrome - I have tried blocking popups and autoredirects manually with chrome, to no help.

😞 

Have you tried just pasting a 'proper' link in BYB?

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/the-royal-tudor-beasts/seymour-panther-2022/

Worked for me, in fact, I'm still logged in to my account, and can navigate without seeing the /beta/ version...🤔

3 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Have you tried just pasting a 'proper' link in BYB?

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/the-royal-tudor-beasts/seymour-panther-2022/

Worked for me, in fact, I'm still logged in to my account, and can navigate without seeing the /beta/ version...🤔

OK - that works until I go back to the Home Page, then its redirected to beta. 

Just gonna have to save this hyperlink as my bookmark me thinks!

OCD still ticking, but significantly less now, thanks!

5 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

😞 

How odd. Not tried clearing it myself self yet, I was hoping there might be a queuing advantage at one point.

I would try clearing local storage and cookies and trying again.

I can't try it today, but will let you know if I can clear it. I suspect it must be possible.

19 minutes ago, Petra said:

I'd imagine all the people who didn't like them didn't buy them when they first released - but with the 2 coin set being quite a low mintage, they may have changed their minds perhaps?

I have a 1oz as well - my first Proof coin bought new! - but couldn't afford a 2oz as well at the time, so when I found out about the 2 coin / reverse frosted set, I decided to try for that. Happy to say I managed to secure one - but I intend to hold for the long term - will become part of my pension pot (and I'm hoping the long term will provide a return that beats a quick flip profit 🙂 )

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

OK - that works until I go back to the Home Page, then its redirected to beta. 

Just gonna have to save this hyperlink as my bookmark me thinks!

OCD still ticking, but significantly less now, thanks!

You're most welcome!  😁

and yes, if I click the logo, it takes me back to the /beta/ version, so I'll be avoiding that in the future too! 👍

2 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

How odd. Not tried clearing it myself self yet, I was hoping there might be a queuing advantage at one point.

I would try clearing local storage and cookies and trying again.

I can't try it today, but will let you know if I can clear it. I suspect it must be possible.

I have tried clearing local storage and cookies, but no help.

Mrs BYB's Laptop has the same redirect when going on there with Chrome, but not with other browsers!

3 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I didn't see a continuity option for this, did I just miss it or was it not an option?

I'd guess that by not offering a continuity option, they will bring more people to the site in search of the future two coin sets?

Makes sense form a marketing point of view, and with such a low mintage, there wouldn't be many 'non-continuity' sets left for each subsequent release, I'd wager...