• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

another laughable seller

pricha

11 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I believe the only people who can retrieve an address via a number plate are the Police...Mainly with their in car ANPR software or direct contact withe DVLA.

companies can and do apply to pay for access to the MID and that gives access to a whole lot of info but its how you use it that counts.. 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

You can make a request to the DVLA - but that of course is recorded and you do need a reason.  The most common of course being parking offences. Private Companies like Parking Eye make bulk requests from the DVLA to get your address when you have parked and not paid.  You can do this as an individual if someone has parked on your land....there are other ways but are on the edge of legality but are relatively easy but require payment.]

Not my circus, not my monkeys

9 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I believe the only people who can retrieve an address via a number plate are the Police...Mainly with their in car ANPR software or direct contact withe DVLA.

Nope! Anyone with a reasonable need to know a vehicle's details can get them from the DVLA by filling in form V888. It costs £2.50 per vehicle. 

A reasonable need can include things like the car persistently parking on your property. I don't know how well validated these requests are, but it doesn't sound unfathomable for someone to get your address from your licence plate without having a true reason.

From the other angle, presumably it's possible to find out who the DVLA has given your data to by making a subject access request under the GDPR - after all, how can you verify your personal data is safe and being used fairly if they don't tell you which individuals and organisations they've given it to?

23 minutes ago, oooootini said:

Is this actually possible to find an address from number plate?

I had a Google a couple of weeks ago as my missus was paranoid some smack heads had taken her plate details, and it seemed it wasn't possible unless a direct request to dvla with good justification?

Thanks

Well after waiting 1 1/2 months for my road tax to be processed and not being able to drive..their old excuses of "Short staffed and too busy) which they have been using way before covid,I'd say best of luck contacting them for an address from a number plate..😅😅😅

even the car is fake 'replica'. Looks like the eBay user is trying to exploit his 100% feedback record to list 30 or so fakes which all end around the same time an hopes to make a way with the money.

Just ring up GCHQ they know everything about everyone already. They are always there to listen!😉

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, Midasfrog said:

With a bit of searching on google earth map I reckon the house could be located in Aberdare Rhigos using the Ebay pictures of the house with that style of tile roof ect 😅

Yea looks like they have had a new fence since the google car last went past, looks better than the old wire one..😆😁

Well, you may all be interested to learn that I sent the seller a message via Ebay to inform him that he was risking a criminal prosecution under the 1981 Act by trying to sell a forgery and that he replied quite promptly, in a barely literate way, plus the predictable obscenity thrown in, with a threat of what he would do to me if I let him know my address. Sounds a delightful character.

5 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Well this looks kind of similar to his front door if you ever need to find it.. same colour and number! spacer.png

That place has had a fair few criminals in its time. Den of thieves, snakes and liars. 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

20 minutes ago, rdhcustance said:

Well, you may all be interested to learn that I sent the seller a message via Ebay to inform him that he was risking a criminal prosecution under the 1981 Act by trying to sell a forgery and that he replied quite promptly, in a barely literate way, plus the predictable obscenity thrown in, with a threat of what he would do to me if I let him know my address. Sounds a delightful character.

You should of replied - saying you were from the serious fraud squad lol,....

Edited by HerefordBullyun

3 hours ago, dicker said:

Well gents:

I have reported to Action Fraud.  There is a lesson to be learned for petty scammers here:

If you are going to try and scam people:

(1) Don't also advertise your car on the same ebay account with its number plate visible (Easy to lookup an address using the plate)

(2) Don't include your phone number on the ebay ad

(3) Don't then give your address to the person who phones up for a test drive

All of this has been reported to Action Fraud - fed up of Ebay doing nothing.

Best Dicker

Well done for reporting to Action Fraud @dicker but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

I had to report someone to them a few months ago, I sold goods, not coins (I’m not that brave), still the value was just over £100.

The seller received the goods, claimed he hadn’t with his bank. He opened a chargeback with his bank, oddly he didn’t open an eBay case which tells me he’d done it before. Ebay asked me to provide tracking from the courier which I did.

He claimed he didn’t know what the goods were for, however I had replies to my my message telling him the goods had been shipped. He replied to thank me for letting him know.

The bank looked in his favour, he kept the goods and eBay took the £100 off me and charged me £14 for my trouble. So in effect I was scammed as a seller.

I reported this to action fraud, they had proof of courier delivery, proof of order. I got a big standard reply “We’re unable to look into this matter etc....”

Ebay are crooks and they’re perfect platform for theft as what happened to me is just one example. I would never buy nor sell with them again.

13 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Well done for reporting to Action Fraud @dicker but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

I had to report someone to them a few months ago, I sold goods, not coins (I’m not that brave), still the value was just over £100.

The seller received the goods, claimed he hadn’t with his bank. He opened a chargeback with his bank, oddly he didn’t open an eBay case which tells me he’d done it before. Ebay asked me to provide tracking from the courier which I did.

He claimed he didn’t know what the goods were for, however I had replies to my my message telling him the goods had been shipped. He replied to thank me for letting him know.

The bank looked in his favour, he kept the goods and eBay took the £100 off me and charged me £14 for my trouble. So in effect I was scammed as a seller.

I reported this to action fraud, they had proof of courier delivery, proof of order. I got a big standard reply “We’re unable to look into this matter etc....”

Ebay are crooks and they’re perfect platform for theft as what happened to me is just one example. I would never buy nor sell with them again.

You could always make a clain through the small claim court against them.  I understand it is supposed to be quite easy.   

Very frustrating to say the least though.

7 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

That's on my profile banner. I should take you to court for copyright. However I'm willing to negotiate on the terms that your such nice chap. You can send me 30 sovs gratis as settlement. Mums the word etc etc 😂 feel free to DM me so I can send you my address....

i suppoes you want "free postage"! 🙂

Chards

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

i suppoes you want "free postage"! 🙂

yes and free fish n chips to boot! 🐮👍😁

I got this from Ebay just now as i reported him;

We think eBay account danieleac_67 has been used without the account owner's permission, so we're now restoring it to them. To protect this member's privacy, we can't share any more details about their account.

People sometimes misuse eBay accounts by sending emails from them. In these emails, they invite you to buy or sell outside eBay, or ask questions that have nothing to do with eBay. They do this in the hope that you'll respond and give them your email address.

We strongly recommend you treat emails from this member with caution and don't respond if you hear from them again.

If you wish to chat to one of our customer service agents through the Live Chat function please follow the below link.
http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUsNextGen&Format=1&pid=863

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

4 minutes ago, Gordy said:

I got this from Ebay just now as i reported him;

We think eBay account danieleac_67 has been used without the account owner's permission, so we're now restoring it to them. To protect this member's privacy, we can't share any more details about their account.

People sometimes misuse eBay accounts by sending emails from them. In these emails, they invite you to buy or sell outside eBay, or ask questions that have nothing to do with eBay. They do this in the hope that you'll respond and give them your email address.

We strongly recommend you treat emails from this member with caution and don't respond if you hear from them again.

If you wish to chat to one of our customer service agents through the Live Chat function please follow the below link.
http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUsNextGen&Format=1&pid=863

Well done for reporting him, but what does ebay's opaque reply actually mean?

9 hours ago, rdhcustance said:

I do not understand why someone does not report this blatant fraud for what it is to the police or a magistrate. Passing off a forged/fake coin carries a possible penalty of jail and/or a fine - max. £10,000 - like other fraudulent goods. I certainly would do this, or threaten it, if I bought such a 'coin' and then realised what it actually was. Sovereigns are specifically protected from forgery in the Forgery and Counterfeiting Act, 1981. So are half sovereigns, and krugerrands interestingly enough, but not, apparently, American gold dollars.

I suspect that if you phoned 999 and told the police the ebay seller was round at your house, pointing a shotgun at your head, and threatening to shoot you if you didn't buy it off him for cash, they would ask if you thought it was a real gun, or a fake, then promise to try to send someone round to take a statement from you in a few days, possibly after they had carried out a risk assessment.

On a slightly more serious note, I think it would rank low on police priorities, that ebay would be unlikely to co-operate promptly, with any enthusiasm, or at all, bearing in mind they are a US company, and we are only in the UK.

I do agree with you though!

Chards

3 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

It is possible for people with just reasons to access car plate data to apply for some sort of access to do this. The obvious example is a bona fide company engaged in car park management.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon