• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

Just now, Paul said:

Had my royal mail deliveries :) all good and no damage or flaws/problems - very happy with results

Only waiting on five coin set, not dispatched yet  

Off to the safe deposit box, not to be be seen again for five years plus

IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2498.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2502.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

Went for it big time mate👌
That’s your Una owners for you!😄

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

How many of you guys have frosting issues?   I've splurged a load of cash on a good few sets knowing this might be the case, worst case I can make a decent set up and send the c**p back in 1 set some might call me a seasoned Royal Mint customer.  

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Went for it big time mate👌
That’s your Una owners for you!😄

A calculated gamble/risk and part of pension plan these.

No more gold for me for a while, balance transfer the card payments over to whatever the best 0% offers are out there over a year or 18 months  

Got £5k reserved to throw at the balance for these, if i miss out on the next Gothic Crown - Great Engravers coins when it launches. 

16 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

How many of you guys have frosting issues?   I've splurged a load of cash on a good few sets knowing this might be the case, worst case I can make a decent set up and send the c**p back in 1 set some might call me a seasoned Royal Mint customer.  

cant say i can see any issues at all, even the plastic capsules flawless and dust free. RM has made the effort with these  

26 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Frosting seems fine on mine 

a one has very tiny black dots (I think that’s what they are)

the 1/4 has a small chip on queen face and the worst of the lot 

10 minutes ago, Paul said:

cant say i can see any issues at all, even the plastic capsules flawless and dust free. RM has made the effort with these  

You had a touch there, I was semi impressed with the overall of mine but even mine has slight dust in cap ! 

1 minute ago, magpie79 said:

Frosting seems fine on mine 

a one has very tiny black dots (I think that’s what they are)

the 1/4 has a small chip on queen face and the worst of the lot 

You had a touch there, I was semi impressed with the overall of mine but even mine has slight dust in cap ! 

So do you reckon slight flaws are OK??? Very faint hairline scratch on polished side of Queen?? Only detected under magnification.  ( No experience with proofs so thought I would ask)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

The good news is mine has been delivered today, the bad news is that I had to go out and I missed the bloody delivery.

The even worse news is now I have to wait until Monday to either rebook or get it from the sorting office. 😩

This is going to be a loooong weekend. I’ll just have to look at everyone else’s photos. 😔

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

So do you reckon slight flaws are OK??? Very faint hairline scratch on polished side of Queen?? Only detected under magnification.  ( No experience with proofs so thought I would ask)

Bit of a noob myself 

am sure in time the thread we reveal what to do 

the little bits I do know is the grading won’t be effected due to any flaws that have been caused during minting process, like missing frosting etc but any flaws caused after minting will

so a hairline might reflect the grade 

be interesting to hear others views 

May I ask what should one expect from these coins????? Is hairline scratches on polished area on queen side ( only noticed under magnification) should the capsules be chipped ?? 

50 minutes ago, Paul said:

Had my royal mail deliveries :) all good and no damage or flaws/problems - very happy with results

Only waiting on five coin set, not dispatched yet  

Off to the safe deposit box, not to be be seen again for five years plus

IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2498.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2502.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

Absolutely gorgeous Paul, well done !

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

May I ask what should one expect from these coins????? Is hairline scratches on polished area on queen side ( only noticed under magnification) should the capsules be chipped ?? 

I graded a 2018 sov that had all sorts of problems and come back a 69 

still not sure how 

1 minute ago, magpie79 said:

I graded a 2018 sov that had all sorts of problems and come back a 69 

still not sure how 

😅😅 wouldn't know the first thing about grading lol.

My heart is saying return but my brain is saying is there even any left, for replacement or will I get another person's return 🙃 

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

They should be pretty much perfect - especially the coin itself; the coin should be issue free. The capsule should also be issue free but if that’s damaged it’s replaceable unlike the coin itself