• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Alice in Wonderland new release

There was initially a huge price difference when you commit to the two coin set. e.g. £650 for a single 1/4oz or £550 if you buy both......that has since been changed. The prices are all now consistent. Anyone manage to get one whilst the prices were incorrect!!?

I’ve just read the blog ‘meet the maker’ where there is a Q&A with the coin designer. She doesn’t appear too keen on the books...or at least her answer side steps the question:

Q: Are you a fan of the books?

A: “I was very aware of them and enjoyed learning and discovering more as part of the project.”

Oh dear...

Edited by AndrewSL76

4 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I’ve just read the blog ‘meet the maker’ where there is a Q&A with the coin designer. She doesn’t appear too keen on the books...or at least her answer side steps the question:

A: “I was very aware of them and enjoyed learning and discovering more as part of the project.”

Oh dear...

Yes, she was ”aware” of the books. It’s not as if they’ve sold over 100 million copies and spawned 8 film adaptations. I too am ”aware” of the books. Maybe get someone who’s actually interested in the subject matter to design the coins? Just a thought...

58 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

There was initially a huge price difference when you commit to the two coin set. e.g. £650 for a single 1/4oz or £550 if you buy both......that has since been changed. The prices are all now consistent. Anyone manage to get one whilst the prices were incorrect!!?

Yeah, I noticed the offer on the 1/4 oz and 1 oz if you buy 2, but they've now removed the offer, or what looked like an offer.

I wonder if it was a temporary (transitory 😅) test to see if sales would start to increase if an offer like that would be successful and if so, sell the stock limit that was agreed at that reduced price and then revert back to original price.

We may see more offers like this on future releases such as these, but the savings may change I.e. instead of saving £100, it might be reduced to £60 / £70, depends on how sales performed when todays reduction was implemented?

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Oh dear...

Thanks for that, what's her name? I am going to make sure I am blissfully unaware of her work :)

26 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Thanks for that, what's her name? I am going to make sure I am blissfully unaware of her work :)

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/alices-adventures-in-wonderland/meet-the-maker-ffion-gwillim/

33 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

What I want to know is did they really sell out of the Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Minty piggy banks with just a coming soon image displayed? Is there that much demand for those piggy banks that people will buy them without even seeing the design first? Am I missing something? 😳

Not on sale till August........

38 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Ah right, thanks for the clarification. I just scrolled down and saw the "No Longer Available" so thought it had maybe already sold out. I know there are some collectors of them but the thought of them selling out without so much as a preview image was a bit bonkers to me.

13 hrs later and most of the stock of the Alice series still available, think RM have boo-booed on this set and the designer who is young and new to the RM HAS ALSO ...dropped the ball on this set...but they can't get it right all the time...or ever..🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

I think the designer is clearly talented and obviously has a good eye, but to be fair the combination of the subject matter with the fact that she wasn’t hugely energetic about the product resulted in a poor design. 

Can anyone think of a better way to produce this product? It’s not like Winnie the Pooh or Mr Men etc (which are far simpler and probably easier to deal with/design).

I honestly can’t think of a better design for this series myself. Part of me thinks it was too broad/complex a subject matter to manage.......I wonder what Jody Clark would have done. I don’t imagine it being better.

Will be interesting to see future designs from her and look forward to maybe buying one! I’ve passed on the AIWL design. Just not for me. 

10 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I think the designer is clearly talented and obviously has a good eye, but to be fair the combination of the subject matter with the fact that she wasn’t hugely energetic about the product resulted in a poor design. 

Can anyone think of a better way to produce this product? It’s not like Winnie the Pooh or Mr Men etc (which are far simpler and probably easier to deal with/design).

I honestly can’t think of a better design for this series myself. Part of me thinks it was too broad/complex a subject matter to manage.......I wonder what Jody Clark would have done. I don’t imagine it being better.

Will be interesting to see future designs from her and look forward to maybe buying one! I’ve passed on the AIWL design. Just not for me. 

I think the Isle of Man designs are better.  The quotations show that at least somone is familiar with the contents of the book! 

IoM-Alice.jpg