• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver squeeze

13 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

My current precious metal good value position is platinum.

i second this. Platinum is to silver, as silver is to gold. Moreover, if the silver squeeze movement was to focus on platinum, it would be game over by the weekend, the market is that small.

PlSi4Day51421-1024x504 (1).jpg

Edited by Spark268

3 hours ago, Spark268 said:

i second this. Platinum is to silver, as silver is to gold. Moreover, if the silver squeeze movement was to focus on platinum, it would be game over by the weekend, the market is that small.

Well i can't disagree with that. Palladium rocketed in price b/c there was a real life short squeeze. Palladium is a very small market. There was all the business with diesel engines and VW and platinum exhausts a few years back. There was a switch to palladium and a physical shortage developed. Paper cannot paper over this sort of situation. Price exploded and is still climbing. 

Platinum is another small market. A concerted effort would blow it up. Now whether this would feed back into the monetary metals is another matter. i suspect it could be contained. 

Blow up the silver market and you blow up gold. They are both monetary metals. Blow up gold and Houston we have a problem in Fiat land.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

The issue with Platinum for me is the premiums are comparable to silver despite the intrinsic value being much higher. Being a much smaller market with much less supply I can see the reasoning for this, but if it would get closer to the ~10% range against an ounce I'd have quite a few of the shiny bois. 

I do not know what to make of the squeeze. @sixgun makes some good arguments for its validity and I must say the memes are pretty good. Ape Strong baby 🦍

17 hours ago, OldCoin said:

I think it is a bit questionable to say those who are fighting for the manipulated price to correct to it's true value is "manipulation" if it is wouldn't that be just, considering it is a response to financial corruption, which everybody knows is rampant in the markets.

Sure the Silver dealers have talked up, but I think that's based on sound reason and the fact that the market cant beat the shorters until the demand exceeded supply. Covid and the inflation epidemic coming through wanton money printing has given a window to break the manipulation I think if someone has helped protect peoples investments by getting them out of the paper and into the physical market, they deserve their wage. 

Sure, dealers like yourself stand to profit from this by it's nature, but this again is only the product of the metal being manipulated in value for too too long, it's not their fault but they are in a good place to capitalize on it and so they should, they work very hard for it and I'm sure you agree in essence. So people fighting to see the market be honest and accountable are not the problem, but a response to the problem, they are not to blame but people will scapegoat them.

One day the spruikers will be congratulated for foreseeing the outcome and helping people get in at the right time.

The silver ratios make good sense as a buy factor, but as does the whole global economy and world situation has never been such a motivating factor to get in. Can they keep the fiat system going, well see. I'd rather have something real for my fake paper/plastic. We may never see such high GS ratio as we have previously, that's my bet. Were on the cusp of a new breakout if they can't hold it back, I truly believe it. If it doesn't break highs then that doesn't mean I'm wrong just that they maintain the manipulation.

I hope the Silver Squeeze fight back even harder, as this is not over yet, it's a war between good and evil as usual. Evil never rests.

I did not say those who are fighting for the manipulated price to correct to it's true value is "manipulation".

What I said was "There are always people forecasting silver to double, treble, quadruple... This is mainly hype and attempted manipulation."

There is a yawning chasm of difference between those two statements.

I was simply commenting on the quoted post, and I have not had time to read the entire thread.

There have been stories and accusations of market manipulation for decades, but little hard evidence, so although I do not entirely ignore it, neither do I believe it without question.

It is probably worth eyeryone interested in silver to read about the Bunker Hunt family. 

Meanwhile, I will read the rest of the thread when I get some spare time.

Chards

5 hours ago, Spark268 said:

So what we should watch for is a Platinum Push. 🙂

Chards

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

Well i can't disagree with that. Palladium rocketed in price b/c there was a real life short squeeze. Palladium is a very small market. There was all the business with diesel engines and VW and platinum exhausts a few years back. There was a switch to palladium and a physical shortage developed. Paper cannot paper over this sort of situation. Price exploded and is still climbing. 

Platinum is another small market. A concerted effort would blow it up. Now whether this would feed back into the monetary metals is another matter. i suspect it could be contained. 

Blow up the silver market and you blow up gold. They are both monetary metals. Blow up gold and Houston we have a problem in Fiat land.

Thank you - This is a very good summary, I am also mindful of a comment Jim Rogers has often said; basically, wherever you are in a 3rd world type situation and have no cash money, if you have a few Silver/Gold Brits/Sovs/any country of your choice, you can easily realise them for money, or something else you may need.

I much suspect, you would have a much harder time doing the same with Palladium, to most people it's not 'a thing', in the same way gold and silver are.

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

So what we should watch for is a Platinum Push. 🙂

Great theory, but I'm not convinced even if it worked, that the market size would cause the level pain and disruption the Reddit guys are hoping to achieve

- I could be wrong of course, but with Platinum the market size being what - say 5-6% compared to Gold, most big institutions could almost certainly shrug it off, albeit with bad grace    😑       

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

17 hours ago, OldCoin said:

WRONG, I actually agreed in part, if you read my comments and give it some reasonable thought you'd see I make a fair and reasonable argument on both sides and am prepared to look at the whole picture not just the surface.

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/47759-silver-squeeze/?do=findComment&comment=511835

which part? the part where you say to beat the shorters(implying shorting manipulation) then implying

that hence this hype is not a hype at all but a genuine move to 'correct' the price?

18 hours ago, OldCoin said:

Were on the cusp of a new breakout if they can't hold it back, I truly believe it. If it doesn't break highs then that doesn't mean I'm wrong just that they maintain the manipulation.

or this bit where if the future doesn't play out the way you want, you are right anyway?

HH

On 01/05/2021 at 17:27, Nowhereman said:

Although crypto is outside of the system it is unreliable in my opinion. It is measured and ultimately valued in fiat currency and I dont really understand it enough to have faith in it.

You underestimate yourself. I think you understand it enough not to have faith in it. 🙂

Chards

8 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I never squeeze platinum. I prefer to stroke it lovingly, but I also do that with gold just to let it know I still love it.

What about silver do you squooze or squeeze him?

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

24 minutes ago, ProfessorStacker said:

I have my AR15

Nice gun. 
I wished I lived in the states as your allowed some amazing weapons. 
Not ideal I guess as gun crime is nothing in the UK.
Sarcasm & moaning about everything seems to be the weapon of choice.
'Moaning Pomms' is what my assize friend calls us and I agree. 

Shotguns are common (I own one) but the people that use them are sensible
The stuff I have seen on Youtube is scary - its totally normal to consider murder???
I dont see the logic or compassion of killing someone for breaking in to thier house to steal a TV. ;)
If you own a ton of PM's or advertise it or live a flash lifestyle in a s**** neighbourhood then perhaps its required. 

Edited by Stacktastic

On 14/05/2021 at 15:53, GoldStandardPartyUK said:

If I ran a hypothetical ETF of sea shells, I might have 2500 sea shells in my store, people withdraw a sea shell or two every now and again but mostly it just sits in my store. 

There are millions of sea shells on the sea shore but people look up the value of my ETF to determine the value of a sea shells around the world. That would make me pretty powerful. 

The exact formula I use to calculate the published price of sea shells would be really important, I could select the weighting my formula gives to the sea shell bid/ask prices vs the weight of prices on different futures markets (1 month, 3 month time horizon etc) in calculating the published price. 

The bit I don't understand is why after a while I don't actually need all 2500 sea shells, I could rent out the ones I have? Then bet against the price? That's the part I haven't figured out yet.

I suppose if too many people withdraw the sea shells from my store I just change rules to say only 1 shell per person.

Good idea, but shells have been done before:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wampum

As have stones:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rai_stones

You need to get creative and innovate! 🙂

Chards

2 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Nice gun. 
I wished I lived in the states as your allowed some amazing weapons. 
Not ideal I guess as gun time is nothing in the UK. 
Sarcasm & manning about everything seems to be the weapon of choice. 

All  I had was a crappy SA80 when I was in the army - we called it the civil servant. Becuase it doesnt work and you couldnt fire it.

My favourite two side arms were a sig and glock - I was a marksman in them! Beautiful pistols!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Very cool. I must say though, as a pedantic nerd, that .223 Remington and 5.56 NATO are strictly speaking different rounds 😜 

A .30-06 in silver would be very cool. Maybe a collection from .22 rimfire all the way up to .50 BMG 😁

On 17/05/2021 at 19:50, Bigmarc said:

@sixgun 

It's in his newsletter. I'm pleased he is being taken to court. He works as chief economist for this company and spent the last few months making derogatory propaganda about his competitors. Don't just believe what someone says just because you like what they are saying.

Nine pages in, and this topic is just starting to get interesting!

Chards