• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver squeeze

4 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Thats 3000 shares of Petropalovsk just in the nick of time, literally seconds before it started rising. 
I shall dump in the first 10 mins it if it explodes looking at yesterday. 

Bought 50 shares of FRES on the dip also - see how things go - looks promising on US premarket. 

Untitled.png

UUUU up 2% pre market ;)

2 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

UUUU up 2% pre market ;)

Looking at AG premarket thats at least up 2% too - great times!

Dont think I can bet bothered to work two industry sectors as well as the 15 tech stocks I have to sell soon LOL. 
I know Silver so its a doddle. Plus the spot price is live, so less guess work.

Bet there is a silver smash down on the cards soon to keep us plebs in check. 

Edited by Stacktastic

3 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Dont think I can bet bothered to work two industry sectors as well as the 15 tech stocks I have to sell soon LOL. 
I know Silver so its a doddle. Plus the spot price is live, so less guess work.

Bet there is a silver smash down on the cards soon to keep us plebs in check. 

I was watching the silver futures like a hawk yesterday. They dont want it above 24.50, I dont think their will be significant gains IMHO today maybe 3% at best.

but who knows Im normally wrong lol

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

I was watching the silver futures like a hawk yesterday. They dont want it above 24.50, I dont think their will be significant gains IMHO today maybe 3% at best.

but who knows

Interesting to know - hopefully another day of 10% gains?
I am not bothered about holding any of these stocks as they are already cheap as chips especially the Kazak stocks like POG. 

Speaking of which Kazatomprom might be a good URA play if things get worse. 

Not such a great stock looking at the times - looks like a good one to buy on UK close & ditch in the morning. 
I have sold at a profit, but will concentrate on the US stocks.

Should have looked further back - bad trading that is!! distracted with work. 

@HerefordBullyun How do you work out pre market as Trading View does not show it on some stocks - cant see Cameco for example. 

ddd.png

Edited by Stacktastic

10 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Not such a great stock looking at the times - looks like a good one to buy on UK close & ditch in the morning. 
I have sold at a profit, but will concentrate on the US stocks.

Should have looked further back - bad trading that is!! distracted with work. 

@HerefordBullyun How do you work out pre market as Trading View does not show it on some stocks - cant see Cameco for example. 

ddd.png

Yahoo finance :)

CCJ is up 0.89%

7 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Yahoo finance :)

simples. iT SAYS 0.88% for energy fuels? 
Kap is also negative today, but we shall see? 

HOC is setting itself up nicely, while FRES continues up. 
I can only guess its day traders taking profits as the silver price has not moved. 
Hopefully it will bounce at 126.9 / 125.4 doubt it. 

Have you noticed GGP coming back to life? 
ALBA up again. Might actually make a profit at this rate!! im out though and wont be back. ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic

2 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

simples. iT SAYS 0.88% for energy fuels? 
Kap is also negative today, but we shall see? 

HOC is setting itself up nicely, while FRES continues up. 
I can only guess its day traders taking profits as the silver price has not moved. 
Hopefully it will bounce at 126.9 / 125.4

Have you noticed GGP coming back to life? 
ALBA up again. Might actually make a profit at this rate!! im out though and wont be back. ;) 

Yes its dipped a little it was 2% before. 

Yes I have small position back in GGP. May continue add as I got my fingers burnt with that ;)

52 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Maybe and or it may drag up the others

Just had somehting very strange and dangerous happen. The percentages from yesterday were on my trading app, but it was still moving so thought nothing of it as it was looking like another amazing day.

Just realised after buying at heap of Hecla that they aren't up 10% but 1%!! worth noting the NASDAQ is turning (I am in a sea of green thank god) so more attention from the tech & boomed sector for day trading. Silver is a pain as its so pegged to silver price & I think the URA stocks are overbought & a risk in a bear market to the big money, unless they are moving.

Bitcoin also looks like its going to have another run - so money is in that too. 

Edited by Stacktastic

9 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Im unsure if this is an actual squeeze that occurring (only day 2 now), but certainly deleveraging into the mining stocks & this time it could run really high! 
Im hoping that this results in a colossal miner sell off as I can see the main markets having a momentum melt up[ this year - before crashing badly! 
If this occurs im all in on gold stocks. 

I was waiting for a dip to buy some miners & it looks like that aint gonna happen. ;) 
What are our strategies for day trading or swing trading & what stocks are you going to target?

Looking at the UK market that has shot up nicely from the US rally last night, so getting in on one of the miners on open is one plan. 
Hold it into the afternoon. At the end of the day they are all undervalued so bag holding most major miners is a no briner if it goes south. 
What are the main options outside of HOC, FRES, POLY & GDX for UK stocks? Ideally below £3 share price & a mover. 

Fortuna is also not a bad shout too as its horrendously undervalued (ignoring is geo political risk). Also gold exposure. 

I like Comstock due to the share price ($1.61) and levels it can get to, but its possibly a buy and hold stock 
but it has considerable potential downside as its a wall street bets fav. 
it also gets halted (took a few mins to place an order on open!!!) & takes time to buy & sell. 
Having said that I made 19% on that yesterday as i bought near the bottom last week or so. 

I made 6% on GATO with a £400 holding, as I was just testing, but that seems a good one. 
Hecla has always moved very well & has half the share price. 
Obviously First Majestic - that always has amazing momentum & is the clear Fav. 

Would be nice to find a stock that lags behind the main ones (ie first majestic). 
There is always one or two that react later, so makes a great scalping, or day trading vehicle. 

Interesting to see what people are doing. 

@HerefordBullyun

@ZigZag

@HawkHybrid

@JunkBond
@Bullionaire

@ArgentSmith

@Bumble
@sixgun

Holding several silver plays from mid tier/junior to an explorer; honestly haven’t cashed any in yet, simply because they haven’t reached my price targets. It’s been a good few days.

I'm skeptical about the significance of squeezing. People like to blame short-sellers for causing price falls, but in most cases the short interest in a stock is only a few percent and is too small to matter. Short interest must reach 20% or more before a real squeeze is going to occur. When GameStop short-sellers blew up last year, it was because short interest was 100%, which normally should not be able to happen.

WallStreetSilver buyers on Reddit buying silver bullion is nice to see, but I doubt it will make any difference to the price: it's just too small. I believe there may be some supply constraints on refiners at present, which might help to push silver prices up, but if so, it will be temporary.

I don't trade in and out of positions, so the present price moves are not going to change my investments. I invest almost exclusively in natural resource companies. I own several gold miners and a few silver ones, some royalty companies, some non-precious miners, particularly battery metals and uranium, and a little in energy. I would invest in forestry, water, and agricultural stocks too, but I don't understand them well enough.

On 20/01/2022 at 20:01, Bumble said:

I'm skeptical about the significance of squeezing. People like to blame short-sellers for causing price falls, but in most cases the short interest in a stock is only a few percent and is too small to matter. Short interest must reach 20% or more before a real squeeze is going to occur. When GameStop short-sellers blew up last year, it was because short interest was 100%, which normally should not be able to happen.

WallStreetSilver buyers on Reddit buying silver bullion is nice to see, but I doubt it will make any difference to the price: it's just too small. I believe there may be some supply constraints on refiners at present, which might help to push silver prices up, but if so, it will be temporary.

I don't trade in and out of positions, so the present price moves are not going to change my investments. I invest almost exclusively in natural resource companies. I own several gold miners and a few silver ones, some royalty companies, some non-precious miners, particularly battery metals and uranium, and a little in energy. I would invest in forestry, water, and agricultural stocks too, but I don't understand them well enough.

100% agree with your opinion !

About the silver squeeze itself, people should better first look to the annual production of silver before they think that a few 10000 people buying some ounces can make a difference ... The only think that they can influence are making the premiums higher but not the spott price.

On 20/01/2022 at 17:59, ZigZag said:

honestly haven’t cashed any in yet

Would be nice to know it would fail, cash out and pick it up when it drops again. 😛 

I did this with Comstock LODE (as it was approaching 20%), but left my other stock Kinross as I know what has an easy 100% potential & im in at the bottom, makes no sense to take 13% as it wont drop back to the lows if the spot stays strong. I think we could see a really great opportunity guys in Feb with lower spot (maybe 15's) combined with the huge market pull back thats 
happening! Gold is very strong so I dont know for sure, especially as the Chinese NY is approaching. I have decided to trade silver stocks if this all rallys, but hold gold stocks, unless they hit 20-30% gains. 

Ironically I think this took off & at the same failed is because the stock market/crypto is falling apart & people are nervous.
This aint 2020 or early 2021!! All the people on 10x leverage & real life cheap debt know the party is coming to an end. 😛 
Or the people that dont know anything but think they do are still buying dips because thier positions are -20% - imagine holding Netflix LOL. 

I think the FED will backtrack a little if this sell off goes on. Good for cheaper mining stocks. 

Edited by Stacktastic

• 10 months later...

Could this be the silver squeeze 2.0?

The chart normally gets hammered monday morning , but as I type its still holding up - given the fact it was 0.7% down this morning early hours in asia its just green now.....

Im starting to wonder if people are starting to ask for delivery of physical on the CRIMEX..... I did note the JP< has been now prosecuted over the weekend for metals manipulation which the case has taken over 12 years...

im wondering if this length has time has been done purposefully......

2 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Could this be the silver squeeze 2.0?

Hopefully. 

Im holding about 8 mining stocks - it would be a blessing to get rid of them at a decent profit. 😛
I wonder if POLY will come back to life as im in at £5 I think?? 
I think I will die with Greatland and Albees though. :(  

All going in to my crypto fund.
1 x Bitcoin at £5-7k is not bad risk reward ratio is it??? 
If it does have another massive run 100k is easily doable. 

Edited by Stacktastic